IGNORED

Patriarchy breaks out in Europe.

JesusFightClub

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2524628/Guide-wives-based-Old-Testament-teachings-St-Paul-bestseller-Spain.html

It's the Fail, probably don't need to break the link.

A devout Catholic version of the Surrendered Wife. I was more worried by the serious fail in the headline. St Paul was in the Old Testament?

I see the Fail is upholding its usual high journalistic standards...

What is interesting is the comments seem to be running almost completely against the idea. I'm not sure that a similar report on Faux Noise would elicit so many negative comments.

Well, at least in Spain there was a reaction, shame it wasn't the case in Italy, it seems (and if such a book had been written by a Muslim, rather than Catholic fundie, people would be shouting about "Eurabia" and whatnot)... I read an interview with the author in an Italian paper, she's such a big fat hypocrite as I'm concerned. She says feminists have done nothing for her. When the interviewer points out that she works, she says she'd rather not and only works because she wouldn't manage to raise her children and live where she wanted with only her husband's salary. Ok,doesn't she realize that without feminism she wouldn't be able to work and would be stuck in the less-desirable living standard?

She also wrote a companion volume for men, titled Marry and Die for Her. What are the chances of a husband needing to die for his wife, as opposed to all wives being called to submit.

Archived