IGNORED

Pope Francis, Time's Person of the Year

crazyforkate

Merge if duplicate, obviously. What do you guys think of this? I honestly don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but I guess it's a safe choice and he seems like a nice dude (even if he belongs to a rather difficult organisation).

Personally, I was hoping they'd pick Snowden, just for the dumbasses in the comments.

It's a reasonable choice.

The Catholic Church is huge and influential. Person of the Year is all about influence on the world, so he's influential precisely because he's the head of a large and difficult organization, and because he's clearly shown that he intends to take it in a much different direction.

Miley Cyrus? A bad dance move is hardly earth-shattering stuff.

I don't think he's a bad choice and I have a lot of hope he will enact some positive change in the Catholic Church, but I wish they had waited until he had done more/had more concrete accomplishments as Pope. He just started this year.

I don't think he's a bad choice and I have a lot of hope he will enact some positive change in the Catholic Church, but I wish they had waited until he had done more/had more concrete accomplishments as Pope. He just started this year.

The Pope is in damage control. Nothing in the church will change. But the Pope will continue to say all the right things.

Archived