IGNORED

Let's hear it for the Satanic Temple!

paganhomeschooler

The Satanic Temple has put in the paperwork to erect a monument next to the 10 Commandments at the OK statehouse based on the 2009 ruling that okayed religious displays on public land. Evidently, they also have messed with Fred Phelps in the past.

addictinginfo.org/2013/12/06/oklahoma-satanic-temple-piece/

This I'm okay with. I have been saying for years that groups that fight for all this prayer in school, teaching creationism in science class, or religious-based monuments on public land don't really seem to realize is that allowing THEIR prayer/creationism/monuments will also wind up including the prayers/creationism/monuments of OTHER religions, including ones they probably don't agree with.

But as for their messing with Fred Phelps, I think this is the group that did the "pink mass" over his mother's grave, and I really can't get on board with that so much.

• 1 year later...

I hate the patriarchal conservative christianity as much as most of you but I find it dangerous to react to to the patriarchal fundie crazy by appreciating satanism.

Don't forget that Satan is a symbol of all evil to many religious people and in the internet you can find a lot resources that claim that there are satanists in the world that are participate in cruel rituals which not seldom involve the sacrifice of a human being.

I know that a lot of people are conditionend to laugh these rumours off but some resources about it seem pretty plausible.

I tend to agree with you, nataraja. While most satanist tend to be harmless, there are sects out there that are hardcore. Having said that, I have no problem with other religions as long as nobody is being harmed.

Archived