IGNORED

Nightmare on Doug Street

Hane

Last night, I had an honest-to-God nightmare about Doug Phillips. In it, I was a member of his church (which was a very small congregation in the dream), and we were discussing some kind of organizational disaster that had to be remediated. I suggested to him that the entire theological infrastructure be taken down and replaced with something new. He looked me in the eye and asked whether I could have something perfect in place within the next 24 hours. Of course, I knew I couldn't (and wasn't sure why he was insisting on a 24-hour turnaround),so I was forced to give up, as he gave me an all-knowing smile.

I woke up damn relieved that I'm not a member of a religion anywhere like his.

Last night, I had an honest-to-God nightmare about Doug Phillips. In it, I was a member of his church (which was a very small congregation in the dream), and we were discussing some kind of organizational disaster that had to be remediated. I suggested to him that the entire theological infrastructure be taken down and replaced with something new. He looked me in the eye and asked whether I could have something perfect in place within the next 24 hours. Of course, I knew I couldn't (and wasn't sure why he was insisting on a 24-hour turnaround),so I was forced to give up, as he gave me an all-knowing smile.

I woke up damn relieved that I'm not a member of a religion anywhere like his.

I know this will sound awful, but this immediately reminded me of the female architect in Schindler's List who is shot in the head when she points out flaws in an unfinished building and says they'll have to tear it down and start again.

This type of argument (the unrealistic timeframe of a solution) is one that always amazes me. I am in the US and i think it's time for socialized medicine and more gun control. But since I don't have a perfect, every situation accounted for, answer most people think the status quo would be better. But then again in the eyes of most fundies and right wing super conservatives my opinions don't count since I am woman folk and all :angry-banghead:

Sorry you lost a night of sleep to something so horrible!

I've never had a dream about Doug Phillips us a tool, but I've had several dreams about the Duggars and one about the Maxwells. I need a life. :embarrassed:

I haven't dreamt about these guys, but I did recently notice that, while brushing my teeth in the bathroom, my eyes lit upon my bottle of tincture labelled "Turmeric" and my word-oriented brain immediately thought "sounds like -- Bradrick!"

Does that count? :lol:

Archived