IGNORED

Maybe there's hope for ProverbsMom

BigSandy

Her most recent post is about holiness becoming a sin. I especially liked #7 where she talks about conservative kids all ending up single (here's looking at you, Duggars). The "Proverbs Family" goes to church with the Duggars, so some of the criticisms seemed partially aimed at them. Here's a link to her blog post:

proverbsfamily.blogspot.com/2013/08/when-holiness-becomes-sin.html#comment-form

You won't even let your children go over to someone's house whom you've been friends with for 20 years without you accompanying them because you just can't trust ANYONE to not defile them in some way. You are so focused on being separate from the world that you are living in some sort of private commune away from all that may corrupt.

That I feel was aimed at the Duggars

I can't imagine the Duggars reading that and NOT thinking it was aimed at them, especially the part about the grown children who aren't acting like real adults. Kind of surprising because she not only is friends with them, she really is one of their biggest fans.

Didn't this lady write a post somewhat recently about how awesome the Duggars are and how if you kiss their ass they might invite you to this extra-special church?

You won't even let your children go over to someone's house whom you've been friends with for 20 years without you accompanying them because you just can't trust ANYONE to not defile them in some way. You are so focused on being separate from the world that you are living in some sort of private commune away from all that may corrupt.

That I feel was aimed at the Duggars

Or maybe the Maxwells? The Duggars do let the kids go places in pairs, but Steve won't even let 31 y/o Sarah chaperone her younger sisters.

It would also be nice if she realized that the things she wants folks to do - be kind to strangers and new people regardless of their perceived flaws, helping members in the community, not judging harshly - are all things that a whole lot of secular folks do, not because it's more Christlike, but because it is the right thing to do and it is a demonstration of empathy. And that, in fact, her belief system actually destroys empathy.

It could be aimed at the Maxwell family, but in light of the recent parentables, I felt it aimed at the Duggar family. Maybe that's the thing... Johanna can't go play with small proverbs child without a Jslave along to make sure they don't misbehave. Joy can't go see her friend Elizabeth alone in case they start talking about running away or listening to evil rock.

Yeah, I felt it was definitely aimed at the Duggars, the way she talked about people spending lots of $$ on missions trips but not helping out their fellow church folks. I also thought that maybe she was trying to get her oldest daughter matched up with a Duggar boy (maybe also why her daughter just went on a Journey to the Heart), but the Duggars weren't interested, so she posted about the problem of older, unmarried children. I'm definitely not a fan of ProverbsMom (pretty much every other post of hers puts me in a rage), but I have to give her props for calling out the Duggars so publicly!!

My guess is that the Proverbs family is experiencing what all non-Cookie Cutter families in An UltraConservative Church (as she puts it) experience: eventual rejection.

No one in these churches that are comprised of people like the Duggars want to put up for "the needy" for a long period of time.

The Duggar blog spot has posted some of Proverbs mom's insights about the Duggars. Interesting she mentions Michelle blanket trains the kids. Now we have blanket training posted on the Duggar blog. Now since the blog owners always make sure they have the Duggar's permission before posting or using pictures does this mean Michelle is okay with the Pearls blanket training being out in print again.

The Duggar blog spot has posted some of Proverbs mom's insights about the Duggars. Interesting she mentions Michelle blanket trains the kids. Now we have blanket training posted on the Duggar blog. Now since the blog owners always make sure they have the Duggar's permission before posting or using pictures does this mean Michelle is okay with the Pearls blanket training being out in print again.

I just saw the post and couldn't believe someone in their circle finally admitted that the Duggars did blanket training after so many years of pretending it didn't happen. I was also shocked that Proverbs Mom mentioned it like it was no big deal. She clearly approves of the practice. Ugh!

Proverbs mom admit's she blanket trains and says she never hits, just puts the baby back on with a stern NO.

• 4 weeks later...

Oldish post, but in regards to blanket training. Michelle explained how she gets her younger ones to be quiet, and it was by blanket training.

This was years ago, though. From memory, around the time they were building the house.

Oldish post, but in regards to blanket training. Michelle explained how she gets her younger ones to be quiet, and it was by blanket training.

This was years ago, though. From memory, around the time they were building the house.

It's in one of their books too (unless they edited it out in later editions) - I remember because I was a young teen when I read the book and discussed blanket training with my mom, and couldn't figure out why it bothered her. They didn't talk about hitting/spanking though, just putting the kid back on the blanket and saying no. I can't remember which book it was but it had to be one of the first ones.

I can't read the post, is there something up with the link I am missing?

Proverbs Mom had taken down her blog and FB pages.

I can't read the post, is there something up with the link I am missing?

Yeah, she closed her blog because her husband molested her daughter and she kept getting "haters" who were not okay with her knowing about this and still keeping him in the house. CPS is now involved.

Yeah, she closed her blog because her husband molested her daughter and she kept getting "haters" who were not okay with her knowing about this and still keeping him in the house. CPS is now involved.

It could also explain why people weren't letting their kids go to her house unsupervised. Maybe they had heard rumors about inappropriate behavior, or were concerned that the dad with Alzhimers would be watching the kids alone.

Archived