IGNORED

Fundy (Lite?) Pinterest War...

holierthanyou

So a pin I put on Pinterest over six weeks ago was "discovered" by some Fundy today who felt the need to comment... and comment... and comment.

Some poor rational soul tried to point out her faulty logic of how she was "applying" "God's Law", but to no avail...

An interesting debate if anyone is bored (or loves watching Fundies on Pinterest as I do).

http://pinterest.com/pin/67694800621793546/

I could only read about 1/2 of that because my head was hurting from her determination to avoid the main point. Wow. I salute you for sticking with it and countering and challenging her idiocy.

I can't take any credit- the rational person arguing with her isn't me... I just pinned the pin. Came home from work, and discovered the beautiful debate on my page.

If Jesus really is God's covenant then considering he didn't condemn homosexuals that person really needs to drop the God's law shtick.

That woman can't answer a question, can she? It is like all she can post are preprogrammed responses.

It is like the 'debate skills' taught in some circles..... "Just say this and you automagically win!!!!"

Especially loved when people started whipping out the Bible verses to justify their opinion, because, y'know, JESUS and all that. Poor Amanda must be busy praying for all those Godless heathens who disagreed with her.

Very entertaining!

I didn't even know that people had discussions on Pinterest. :shock: I just use it to pin recipes, decorating ideas, and places I want to visit.

I didn't even know that people had discussions on Pinterest. :shock: I just use it to pin recipes, decorating ideas, and places I want to visit.

And cats, and Tudor history, and vintage Pyrex. Oh, and hot menz--I have a board dedicated solely to Richard Armitage. :D Who knew you could discuss these things on Pinterest as well!? :o

Ohhhh yes, yes they do. Pinterest drama is a thing. It's much rarer than Facebook or Twitter drama, but it happens.

For example, I had a random stranger go apeshit on my workout board, blaming me because a pin wasn't giving her enough information and I wouldn't answer her workout questions. Drama, like the debate above, usually only occurs between strangers. Most of us are too busy pinning cheesecake and sweaters to fight with our friends lol. Pinterest also gives you a lot of anonymity- no one has any way of finding out about this argument unless they happen to stumble across it.

My favorite part is how the whole argument actually makes no sense to begin with. The OP posted a meme with two IMAGES, one depicting a crowd and one an empty lot, and the observation was that there were no mass protests of Christians against divorce. Then the fundie dumbass chimes in with "this is inaccurate, read the Bible!" Um, what's inaccurate? How is reading the Bible going to prove that in modern-day America, people are having mass protests about marriage? Because that is all the meme was pointing out - that even though the Bible condemns divorce, Christians are far more obsessed with gay marriage. Obviously it implies a progressive worldview and that's what the fundie takes issue with, but I'm just amused at the dingbat's approach to debate.

My favorite part is how the whole argument actually makes no sense to begin with. The OP posted a meme with two IMAGES, one depicting a crowd and one an empty lot, and the observation was that there were no mass protests of Christians against divorce. Then the fundie dumbass chimes in with "this is inaccurate, read the Bible!" Um, what's inaccurate? ...

Exactly! As the OP, this is what boggled my mind most. I appreciated the woman who took the time to try to challenge the fundy, but the poor fundy just kept missing the point (every point... on so many levels).

And cats, and Tudor history, and vintage Pyrex. Oh, and hot menz--I have a board dedicated solely to Richard Armitage. :D Who knew you could discuss these things on Pinterest as well!? :o

RICHARD ARMITAGE. I approve. :D

I can't believe she busted out the "BUT I HAVE GAY FRIENDS!!11!!!" argument. Come the fuck ON. No you don't. You may know some gay people, but I can promise you they don't consider you a friend. Ugh.

RICHARD ARMITAGE. I approve. :D

Momentary thread derail...

RichardA.jpeg

/end thread derail. 8-)

RichardA.jpeg

/end thread derail. 8-)

The whole time I was watching The Hobbit I kept going "Damn that guy is distractingly hot for a dwarf."

Edit : my phone in my pocket posted for me, can't delete on Tapa. Sorry!

Sure, that's what they all say. :wink-kitty:

Vintage Pyrex, interesting. I've never known anyone who collects that. If anyone is interested in vintage Tupperware the antique store down the street has LOTS.

I know I am hopelessly not hip and with it but who is Richard Armitage?

RichardA.jpeg

/end thread derail. 8-)

The whole time I was watching The Hobbit I kept going "Damn that guy is distractingly hot for a dwarf."

Tell me about it. It was hard not to drool in my popcorn. :lol:

Vintage Pyrex, interesting. I've never known anyone who collects that. If anyone is interested in vintage Tupperware the antique store down the street has LOTS.

I know I am hopelessly not hip and with it but who is Richard Armitage?

I only just recently realised that thousands of people collect vintage Pyrex. It's gotten so popular that the thrift stores are on to us collectors now and have jacked up their prices accordingly. :doh:

Richard Armitage is a British actor who's been around for awhile but hasn't been too well known in the US until very recently, thanks to the recent movie 'The Hobbit,' where he plays Thorin Oakenshield, a dwarf. Which is kind of hilarious, since he's something like 6'4" in real life. :lol: In England he's very well known for playing Guy of Gisborne in the Robin Hood series, as well as John Thornton in 'North and South' (not the American version, but the one based on Elizabeth Gaskell's novel of the same name). He positively smolders in that one. He also did several seasons of 'Spooks,' which was brought to the US by PBS under the name 'MI-5,' and he played Harry Kennedy in the series finale of 'The Vicar of Dibley,' which is one of the funniest shows to ever come out of England. :)

Oh, look, I just did a commercial for Richard Armitage! :laughing-rolling:

I can't believe she busted out the "BUT I HAVE GAY FRIENDS!!11!!!" argument. Come the fuck ON. No you don't. You may know some gay people, but I can promise you they don't consider you a friend. Ugh.

Reminds me of someone who makes a racist joke or reference, and then says "But I have a lot of black friends!" to justify what they said. No, no you don't have a lot of black friends. You just know black folks who probably think you're a douche. :disgust:

I really enjoyed that Pindebate and am now stalking your boards instead of doing my homework. :)

Lol, knock yourself out, wildcatgirl. If you pm me your Pinterest account, I might likewise go procrastinate by losing myself on your boards.

Archived