IGNORED

Where is Adeye?

Petronella7

Adeye, of nogreaterjoymom, booked a mysterious flight on July 17 and has not blogged since. Where did she go? did she take any of her kids with her? Is she adopting again? Is she having a breakdown?

In a previous post they mentioned possibly having to relocate since living at such a high elevation was causing health problems for one of the children.

Anyone else wondering?

According to Facebook, she's in South Africa. Not adopting, just visiting orphanages I think. She was fairly vague, but that's definitely where she is.

I bet she will spot a child or two that she wants and decide to adopt them. She cant go to an orphanage and not adopt a child, it wont happen. All those children who need parents? Too tempting.

Doesn't she have several newly adopted children at home that she should be bonding with?

Doesn't she have several newly adopted children at home that she should be bonding with?

Yup.

She's from South Africa, so when she made the cryptic post about going somewhere, I assumed she was going to visit family. She mentions often how difficult it is not to be able to see her family regularly.

I got total deja vu reading the post about Harper's health. Didn't they already know the elevation was bad for her? I seem to recall that being a reason listed the last time they moved, from CO to VA...

i wish she would update more on what's going on with hasya's health and development

Well, she only seems to update when the news is good. Since she rarely mentions details about Hasya, I take that to mean that the prognosis is... not so good. :cry:

Thanks everyone for filling me in! I have gotten sucked into her blog as she does write quite compellingly (IMO) and someone over there is a talented photographer. The pictures of the kids she posts are beautiful.

Yup.

She's from South Africa, so when she made the cryptic post about going somewhere, I assumed she was going to visit family. She mentions often how difficult it is not to be able to see her family regularly.

I got total deja vu reading the post about Harper's health. Didn't they already know the elevation was bad for her? I seem to recall that being a reason listed the last time they moved, from CO to VA...

Wait, they moved back to a higher elevation? After that huge rigamorole about having to move to a lower elevation for Harper just a year or two ago? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

She has a post about Hasya on July 3. She seems to be doing okay (considering all her issues), the post is about her learning to be held upright in a stander. She's having some therapy where she's grabbing at an object.

Didn't they previously estimate her "mental age" at about 3 months or so?

Anyway, I'm sure she's happier now with more stuff around and interaction all the time.

Archived