IGNORED

Nice article about learning tolerance at daycare

2xx1xy1JD

Yes, young children can learn early on how to spot ethnic stereotyping, cultural appropriation and general intolerance - and teach the adults around them in the process:

http://www.kveller.com/blog/parenting/w ... more-36197 (not breaking link to Kveller because it's not a fundie blog)

Of course, some would see this as a prime example of the "evil agenda" of daycares and schools. My oldest daughter's first daycare, for example, described their programming like this:

Stimulating and challenging programming in a warm, supportive and community atmosphere reflects an anti-sexist, non-authoritarian, anti-racist, gay positive, cooperative philosophy. Focus is on communication and individuality

That is very nice, thanks for sharing. At least some kids are getting messages like this. Hopefully, it is enough (and I think it is) to counteract a lot of the hate many fundies seem so intent on spreading.

My oldest daughters went to a preschool with a very similar philosophy. I loved it. I grew up in a Catholic home, went to Catholic school and never really met anyone else. Going to college and then joining the workforce was a huge shock to me. I want them to learn how to love and accept others even if they are different.

This gives me hope that maybe our kids will get it right if we keep trying to expose them to this. Great job by the preschool!

Archived