IGNORED

Evangelical Christians Seem 'Freakish' to Most People

doggie

well duhh but this not what got me. This guy has a serious prosecution complex going on. I mean you wonder why we see you as freaks well the quote says it all

"I think [the ruling] said something to social conservatives," Moore said. "For a long time, social conservatives in America had kind of silent majority view of ourselves, and conservative evangelicals and conservative Roman Catholics had a moral majority view of ourselves as we somehow represents the mainstream of American culture, most people really agree with us, except for some elites somewhere."

Moore compared today's Christians to Christians of the early church, who were often murdered and even fed to the lions in ancient Rome.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion ... rn-baptist

Evangelical/far right Christians don't seem to understand how they harm the perception of their own faith by claiming persecution. I used to read a lot more supporting comments under articles that claimed that Christians were being misused. Now I see more angry or annoyed comments.

I've said it before: 5 minutes on Google can turn up long lists of actual persecutions endured by Christians in other countries. People are being faced with the choice between life in a Third World insane asylum (insanity = becoming Christian) and execution for treason (treason = becoming Christian, if the defense lawyer can't successfully plead insanity). Meanwhile Americans are all BAWWWW SOMEBODY CALLED ME STOOPID BAWWWWWWW.

Archived