IGNORED

Bethany Lane in labor early...again.

teachergirl

After having her first( Lewis) very early, it appears that Bethany Lane ( married to Danny Lane and a member of the Smith family) is in early labor once again at 26 weeks. It is on her very public FB page and she says she may be released tomorrow since they have been able to stop contractions for now. These two are 22/ 23 and got pregnant immediately after marrying. Does anyone think this may be God saying stop? Two premature births in a row cannot be good for your body and especially the body. Interesting how fundies rail against science yet use it for their children and themselves.

If I were they praying sort I'd pray. I'd pray for their baby(both of them actually. The first one only has a corrected age of about 6months). I'd also pray the as they'd get the hint and work out that some women just cannot do normal, healthy pgcy and that maybe they should stop.

(Unfortunately, the cynic in me thinks they'll keep it up-God's testing their faith, see- until she ends up w an emergency hysterectomy and can't have anymore)

I posted this another place but it fits here also. I have friends (siblings) who also have an older sister. All three of them were born early (not VERY early) but early and my friend who was born (last one & only boy) was born 7 weeks early after him the Doctors told their mother to stop having kids (she orgionaly wanted 6) & they stopped. I know its weird to stop having kids after 2 (espially if your are Fundie and r only 22) but very early babies would scare the crap out of anyone.

I agree. They believe in signs so maybe this is one to stop. They believe in the "sanctity of life" at all costs and in the same breath rail against Medicaid, government aid and have fundraisers to pay for their bills. I am not sure what Danny Lane does but two preemie births must cost a bundle.....Not to mention how close their two kids are in age, I guess I don't understand the need to keep pushing your body beyond its limits.

I know someone who was similar-she had about three kids, all born prematurely, but not very.

Hopefully Bethany does not have any more children if she keeps on having micropreemies, as her body is obviously not cut out for being pregnant. I hope she can hang on for a few more weeks, the longer the baby stays in, the better. If she keeps on having kids, and they keep on being born early, she is going to have a lot to deal with, with the health issues from prematurity, as well as her own health.

How old is her first child?

My mother was told to stop having kids after her second. I'm thankful every day that she listened to the doctors. She might not be here right now if she hadn't. I believe that one healthy, living mother is worth more than a million hypothetical future babies.

I think if Lenora goes full term, her children will be 14 months apart??? Someone can correct me if I am wrong. They literally got pregnant on their honeymoon... Tait and Lauren Zimmerman are another example of high risk pregnancies that will not stop. Her pregnancies have gone earlier and earlier.....

I believe that one healthy, living mother is worth more than a million hypothetical future babies.

Same here!

I know someone who was similar-she had about three kids, all born prematurely, but not very.

Hopefully Bethany does not have any more children if she keeps on having micropreemies, as her body is obviously not cut out for being pregnant. I hope she can hang on for a few more weeks, the longer the baby stays in, the better. If she keeps on having kids, and they keep on being born early, she is going to have a lot to deal with, with the health issues from prematurity, as well as her own health.

How old is her first child?

He was born on August 6, 2012 but he wasn't due until the end of October. His due date was 9 months minus 2 days from the day they got married, which was <2 months after they got engaged. Even if the second baby makes it to her due date (which isn't looking likely), it would be less than a year from Lewis' due date.

Bethany always seemed really blasé about Lewis' prematurity. She actually described him as having "no complications or problems" in his birth story. I know things could have been much worse for him, but I would say being born 12 weeks early and spending 2 months in the NICU is a pretty serious complication. She definitely needs to start taking these birth experiences seriously and be monitored closely in future pregnancies. Just because you can get pregnant at the drop of a hat doesn't mean your body will handle pregnancy well.

Yikes. My aunt and uncle wanted six kids. My oldest cousin was two weeks early, my second oldest cousin was 6 weeks early, she was on bed rest for the last trimester with her third and that was it. It didn't matter that they wanted six kids; the risks were too great, so they stopped.

You know, like SANE PEOPLE.

Of course, they were older (both over 25) and my aunt was college-educated, so they were probably evil anyway.

Hell, I just went to the OB today, and with (not too serious) gestational diabetes, they want me in twice a week from now until the end (6 more weeks). I told my husband that this kiddo is gonna be an only child, because I'm not dealing with this again. And that was with everything being pretty damn easy up until almost the very end for us. I can't imagine dealing with a 26-weeker and then doing it again right away. But then, I'm an ebil educated feminist, too.

Yes, when she took Lewis home, she made an offhand comment about how he came home with a pulse-ox monitor for "when he has his spells." I really don't think the gravity of the situation hit her at all. Lane Baby Number Two may not get off so easily as its brother. :?

just an update...she is still in the hospital with slowed down contractions. They will release her if she doesn't contract anymore without the meds.....I also agree with the above who said they were very blasé about it. God provides for everything don't you know? No need to worry about something as small as a preemie. I also wonder about their futures as the kids get older...Bethany's FB is littered with spelling and grammar errors. I get the feeling these two aren't the brightest.

All I can think of is Sarah Pope. She had one micro preemie, thought maybe it's a fluke, had a second preemie and was done. Beth needs to think really hard about her future as a mother. Sadly, with her sisters and their super fertility you know she won't.

At that age, it's a bit soon to be sure he has no complications. My twins were going fine at they age too, but they continued to be monitored by the neonatal team and when they were older had help with physiotherapy for gross and fine motor skills. My son is seven and still under dn endocrinologist for his growth, although now it looks like he won't end up needing treatment.

I thought this would be over when we left the nicu.

Ive not posted before but there is injections that can be given that can help stop most preterm labor. My first was a preemie and we knew there was a chance for that because my mom had 2 super preemies and 1 5 weeks early. I was on progesterone injections with my second and we went all the way to 39 weeks with a healthy baby girl. I hope they look into something like this for her.

Archived