IGNORED

Spend Valentine's Day With Your Little Brother

debrand

I found this quote on the facbook page for the Botkins' book, It's Not That Complicated

Almost every bachelor, boyfriend, suitor, and husband in the world started out as some girl’s annoying little kid brother, and every one of those girls played a part in what kind of man he became.

When we’re tempted to bemoan the fact that the men are not rising up to where we think they should be, we should seriously ask ourselves if we’ve been doing everything we can to help our own men get there. Too many sisters spend their youth teaching their brothers to sit down, be quiet, stop asserting themselves, stay in their place, and take orders – only to grow up and wonder where to find a husband with guts and a backbone. The ones who pushed down their own brothers now pray fervently that somewhere out there, there were some sisters who did not do the same to theirs.

This Valentine’s Day, invest in some other girl’s future Valentine: your brother.

Shesh. If you have an annoying little brother, it is your fault if he never marries. Let's face it, little brothers NEVER, ever marry. I bet that you were all wondering why your maternal uncles were all unmarried. Well, it is mom's fault. She ruined him for other women-that bossy Jezebel!Wait, my own husband was a little brother. Hmmmm :think:

facebook.com/notcomplicatedbook

I found this quote on the facbook page for the Botkins' book, It's Not That Complicated

Almost every bachelor, boyfriend, suitor, and husband in the world started out as some girl’s annoying little kid brother, and every one of those girls played a part in what kind of man he became.

When we’re tempted to bemoan the fact that the men are not rising up to where we think they should be, we should seriously ask ourselves if we’ve been doing everything we can to help our own men get there. Too many sisters spend their youth teaching their brothers to sit down, be quiet, stop asserting themselves, stay in their place, and take orders – only to grow up and wonder where to find a husband with guts and a backbone. The ones who pushed down their own brothers now pray fervently that somewhere out there, there were some sisters who did not do the same to theirs.

This Valentine’s Day, invest in some other girl’s future Valentine: your brother.

Shesh. If you have an annoying little brother, it is your fault if he never marries. Let's face it, little brothers NEVER, ever marry. I bet that you were all wondering why your maternal uncles were all unmarried. Well, it is mom's fault. She ruined him for other women-that bossy Jezebel!

Shesh. If you have an annoying little brother, it is your fault if he never marries. Let's face it, little brothers NEVER, ever marry. I bet that you were all wondering why your maternal uncles were all unmarried. Well, it is mom's fault. She ruined him for other women-that bossy Jezebel!Wait, my own husband was a little brother. Hmmmm :think:

facebook.com/notcomplicatedbook

Sure, because birth order is totally universal and almost every man has an older sister...wut?

So if I have an uncle who is on his fourth marriage he must've been a saint growing up and my mom was an amazing big sister.

Gag. One more bit of "boys will be boys" bullshit. Just an excuse to let boys run wild with no chores or responsibilities while girls have to do every damn thing to run the household :angry-banghead:

And that doesn't even address the potential squick factor of having your brother as your "valentine".

I call BS. Most of the obnoxious men I know grew up in a house with a double standard, were waited on hand and foot by their moms and sisters, and turn into helpless little boys whenever they visit mom.

Encouraging your siblings to assume leadership roles and stand up for their convictions should not, in any way, be exclusive to one gender.

Wth? My brother was never told to sit down or be quiet. We were taught to not kill each other, lol. We were taught to do our own laundry, how to cook etc. To this day my brother is a wonderful cook. He dors most of the cooking at his house. My sil says its safer that way lol nothing is burnt. Thats ok.

Wth? My brother was never told to sit down or be quiet. We were taught to not kill each other, lol.

True story. There was only my brother and I so I didn't have to raise my younger siblings. I love my younger brother but on valentines day Im getting laid, not taking my brother out.

How about you dont have more kids than you can handle and raise you sons the right way rather than a sister/mom doing it?

Ruth has said that if her little brothers misbehaved, she was punished. I am sure that may be the rule in some fundie families. So how is an older girl supposed to keep her brothers in line without telling them to be quiet, etc.

Creepy father-daughter relationships aren't enough. We need creepy brother-sister relationships, too.

Shesh. If you have an annoying little brother, it is your fault if he never marries. Let's face it, little brothers NEVER, ever marry. I bet that you were all wondering why your maternal uncles were all unmarried. Well, it is mom's fault. She ruined him for other women-that bossy Jezebel!

Statistics please?

Worship teh menz! :worship:

Statistics please?

Worship teh menz! :worship:

Well, I believe there's evidence that the more older brothers the more likely a man is to be gay... so perhaps there's a larger number of men-seeking-women with older sisters than brothers? I'm sure that's exactly what they meant.

If there's one way to truly ruin my relationship with my 16 year old daughter, it would be to put her in charge of the moral development of her 11 and 8 year old brothers... (especially the 11 year old...)

As someone who grew up with a little brother, younger than me by almost exactly 7 years (only off by 3 days), I say... Wtf? I never pushed him down like the way they are talking. I never told him to sit down and shut up (unless he was throwing a tantrum/purposely being annoying).

My little brother has an entitled attitude not because I did anything to him, but because my parents and his teacher babied him. THAT is why he is held back.

But of course it's really my fault. It must be because I taught him about periods, and that if a woman is having one, that is not the time to get annoying.

(I did this because I have very bad cramps and be wanted to know why I got so sick every month. Poor kid didn't even know what sex was yet, and here I am trying to explain the female reproduction system. Fun times, but it did solve the problem and made him more respectful of women.)

He also, at 17, wouldn't mind spending the day with me... As long as we played video games.

Archived