IGNORED

Court upholds prayer death conviction

tuckerphez

"The couple's attorneys argued that Wisconsin law protects people from being charged with child abuse if they provide spiritual treatment for a child in lieu of medical assistance. They contended the law protects parents from criminal liability through the point of creating a substantial risk of death, making it difficult to know when a situation has become so serious that parents who stay with prayer healing become criminally liable. State attorneys countered that parents are immune from child abuse charges but not homicide counts, arguing that once they realize a child could die, their immunity ends."

More proof that once you're born, your "right to life" isn't so important after all. I bet if that woman had pregnancy complications threatening miscarriage, she would have gone to the hospital. Or maybe not. Sometimes I feel like people who do this are looking for a way out, and their so-called religious beliefs are a convenient method of getting what they want and escaping responsibility.

here is my take on it. you have two companies one with a CEO that hires people to do the jobs that need to be done run the company donators to fix people exc.

Then you have God Who hires far more workers and then goes and does all the work himself. he gets everyone coffee answers all the phones fixes all the problems doctors all the people all the while the workers sit around and gossip and tell the CEO how great he is.

I wonder witch CEO god is?? the smart one that delegates or the stupid one that does for others what they could do for themselves?

These people lived down the street from my best friend. The neighborhood was shocked when Kara died. He seemed like he held his family in thrall like so many fundamentalists we see here. I feel sorry for their other kids. They were doing off/on jail sentences so one parent would be with the kids at the time. Many people in the Wausau/Schofield/Weston area were shocked at that sentence.

I am glad the Wi Supreme Court upheld the conviction.

Archived