IGNORED

Catholic All Year and the FB Equality profile pic

clarinetpower

Oooh, she told us. Makes perfect sense. :roll:

catholicallyear.com/2013/06/an-open-letter-to-my-facebook-friends.html?m=1

I've been pretty silent about the gay marriage debate on Facebook, not because I don't have an opinion about it, but because I know the flash of heat I feel when I see a friend post something in support of gay marriage, and my lingering discomfort as it sits there on my timeline until my other friends have made enough posts that I can't see it anymore.

I don't even have Facebook and I know you can hide friends' posts.

Yeah, the woman who posted this link has been hidden for a long time. I go check her periodically, mostly to laugh at her ridiculous posts. For someone who is basking in the love of Christ, she sure is angry all the time.

She's an idiot. I would plaster every gay rights and pro choice picture all over my Facebook feed if I were her FB friend. In fact, I hope her friends do just that.

I JUST discovered this lady yesterday. I was thinking, these people can't really be your friends. She should have called it, "An Open Letter to FB Acquaintances and Family Members Who Only Friended Me to See Pics of the Kids." I could never be friends with such a passive aggressive, smug person.

Ugh, what mindless crap. Gay marriage is bad because gay=SIN!!1!!!!1!1!!

Except for all those people who are not catholic, or christian, or do not consider being gay sinful, or recognize the fact that we do not live in a theocracy of the catholic church. Mind your own, lady :evil:

Sarah, this blog is called Catholic All Year. It's a Catholic blog. I don't believe in "Catholic morality" I just believe in morality. But I do believe in Catholic blogs.

I don't go on other people's faith blogs and try to leave comments that will make them change their belief systems, mostly because there is no chance it would work, but also because I don't think it would be appropriate.

This is a blog for Catholics by a Catholic. All are welcome to read (and comment) but it surprises ME that you are surprised to find Catholic beliefs espoused here.

What a cunt.

I don't think anyone cares what she has to say. But as long as this country sees fit to put minority rights up for a vote, her words don't mean as much as her actions. She's trying to keep gay people from having the right to LEGALLY marry, which affects them whether they are catholic or not.

She was so bothered by what other people say on their own personal FB pages that she had to write an entire blog entry expressing her disagreement. And she only wrote the blog entry because she was too long-winded for FB. She obviously thinks it's appropriate to try and change other people's opinions...she just doesn't like to be outwitted by teh ebil logic :roll:

But all I would say is I do believe in a universal morality and only in that. It happens to be tied to my faith, because theologians and philosophers have been searching for The Truth since your religion and mine were the same. But things are not true because the Catholic church believes in them, the Catholic church believes in things because they are true.

Wow, what a speshul sneauflayke. Amazing that theologians and philosophers have been searching for truth for millenia, and the catholic church just happens to espouse those "Truths".

Sarah, this blog is called Catholic All Year. It's a Catholic blog. I don't believe in "Catholic morality" I just believe in morality. But I do believe in Catholic blogs.

I don't go on other people's faith blogs and try to leave comments that will make them change their belief systems, mostly because there is no chance it would work, but also because I don't think it would be appropriate.

This is a blog for Catholics by a Catholic. All are welcome to read (and comment) but it surprises ME that you are surprised to find Catholic beliefs espoused here.

I can't stand this attitude. If you can't handle people disagreeing, don't write a public blog!

What a cunt.

I'm sure that the people I met from St. Thomas More in [small midwestern city] when I was doing anti-war work would be amused* to know that she's treating "Catholic beliefs" as equivalent to "American social conservatism, complete with homophobia."

*for values of amused that contain no small measure of fury

So she states:

I've been pretty silent about the gay marriage debate on Facebook, not because I don't have an opinion about it, but because I know the flash of heat I feel when I see a friend post something in support of gay marriage, and my lingering discomfort as it sits there on my timeline until my other friends have made enough posts that I can't see it anymore.

To the bolded part. Ummm, sounds kinda like it makes you just a wee bit excited... :wink-kitty:

But on a serious note, am I the only one who finds it interesting that all of the people posting how someone should be denied a basic right also have a friend that is *gay, a minority, had an abortion, etc* who they love? I swear these people are just making up imaginary "friends" so they might not sound quite so bigotted.

So she states:

To the bolded part. Ummm, sounds kinda like it makes you just a wee bit excited... :wink-kitty:

But on a serious note, am I the only one who finds it interesting that all of the people posting how someone should be denied a basic right also have a friend that is *gay, a minority, had an abortion, etc* who they love? I swear these people are just making up imaginary "friends" so they might not sound quite so bigotted.

Kind of like when one of Rick Santorum's daughters insisted that she not only had gay friends, but that they were voting for her dad. :cray-cray: I know that there are gay Republicans, but even they are not voting for someone who all but declares them to be subhuman.

Some reminders to my so called Catholic friends and family.

1.) Taking part in or procuring an abortion results in an automatic excommunication from the Church.

2.) By supporting gay marriage you protest against the teachings of the Church. That makes you protestant.

No. What it makes me is a practicing member of the Liberal Catholic Church.

Preachy know-it-all b*tch.

She says her lack of support for gay marriage was never about her.

Well, my support for gay marriage is not about me, or any other heterosexual. But it is about people like this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/gay ... story.html

And somehow I don't think this seemingly loving couple is bringing about the downfall of the American family.

Empathy, folks. Empathy over dogma.

And my other problems with this:

1) She's incredibly presumptuous in her attitude that someone's sinful open homosexuality will not make them happy or fulfilled.

Yeah, telling gays that they have to struggle against their innate sexual orientation is what has actually been harmful for them. See Exodus International.

2) She seems to equate legality and morality as if they are one-in-the-same, and doesn't seem to realize that we don't live in a Catholic, or any kind of, theocracy.

Archived