IGNORED

Wimbledon 2013

OkToBeTakei

Not going to lie. Andy Murray. All the way :lol:

Just watched a documentary about him. He tried to speak about that day in Dunblane Primary. He couldn't.

I let my child watch the documentary she is 10. We all try to protect our kids from the bad things in life. But I was able to say that we banned handguns after that happened. Not to say it will not happen again but it was good to be able to let her watch it and say that.

He could not even speak about it. I cried.

ANYWAY Go Andy. I also love Nadal and Federer. Tough times :lol:

Nadal is out. Federer is out. Sharapova is out.

Interesting day.

I think I may be the only tennis fan :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I will just carry on talking to myself to say I AM SHITTING MYSELF right now :lol:

So are you rejoicing now? Brilliant job Andy! :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

We only got to watch the finals this year, but it was worth it.

I'm old enough to remember when Virginia Wade won Wimbledon in 1976.

I was all set to watch the final (in the U.S.) this morning, only to discover that ESPN has apparently won the Wimbledon rights since I last made a special effort to watch. :( I only have basic cable, and am not affiliated with an ESPN-linked ISP so I couldn't watch online either.

I did catch the after-match interviews and trophy presentations on a Wimbledon-sponsored video channel. Djokovic was very gracious, and Murray was still shellshocked!

Anyway, well done to both of the finalists! I'm sure this is kind of like when the Red Sox finally won the World Series after umpteen gazillion years.

:D:D

But just to be clear he is SCOTTISH. Hehe not that I am in any way patriotic. He would be Scottish in the media if he had lost. British if he won. :lol:

:D:D

But just to be clear he is SCOTTISH. Hehe not that I am in any way patriotic. He would be Scottish in the media if he had lost. British if he won. :lol:

Heh. MrDrPusey looked up from the news and said "Hey, the English guy won Wimbledon." So I had to correct him. :)

Then I will say congrats to Scotland the Brave for the Wimbledon win. :clap: :lol:

Aww he played well. The partisan stuff is well tongue in cheek. Maybe? :lol:

Seeing Dunblane so happy has made my day.

Archived