IGNORED

Shapiro Thinks That Gay People Should Be Invisible

debrand

Okay, that isn't what he said but I think that it is the underlaying message in why he is downplaying the importance of Jason Collins coming out as homosexual

A

For years I've heard friends on the far right try to claim that they aren't homophobic, they just want gays to "Not shove their homosexuality down their throats." What they really mean is that they don't want to notice that homosexuals exist. Gay people should be invisible so that they can be properly dehumanized

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 78701.html

This is what he tweeted

Ben Shapiro @benshapiro

So Jason Collins is a hero because he's gay? Our standard for heroism has dropped quite a bit since Normandy.

11:34 AM - 29 Apr 2013

In some of his tweets, Shapio lists conservatives who have never fought in a war as heroes.

It is damn hard to come out and I can hardly imagine the pressure and scrutiny he's been under as a famous athlete doing so. Jason Collins, :handgestures-salute:

And Ben Shapiro lists Adam Carolla as one of his heroes? Excuse me while I :puke-huge:

No Ben, he's not a hero because he's gay. He's a hero because he willingly identified himself despite the fact that he knew that he would be exposing himself to homophobia.

Archived