IGNORED

NYTimes Vows column (wedding feature)

Rosie

Heavens to Betsy, Josh Harris's book has gone mainstream - from today's NYTimes Vows column in the Style section:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/fashi ... wanted=all

As a teenager, Mr. Wong said, he had been dismayed by the lack of advice on relationships with women. In his senior year of high school he came across a book for Christian singles, “I Kissed Dating Goodbye,†by Joshua Harris, that became his dating bible. It influenced him as he entered Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute to study information technology and, later, as he started his career. (He is now a business analyst at CACI, an information technology company in Arlington, Va.)

Heavens to Betsy, Josh Harris's book has gone mainstream - from today's NYTimes Vows column in the Style section:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/fashi ... wanted=all

As a teenager, Mr. Wong said, he had been dismayed by the lack of advice on relationships with women. In his senior year of high school he came across a book for Christian singles, “I Kissed Dating Goodbye,†by Joshua Harris, that became his dating bible. It influenced him as he entered Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute to study information technology and, later, as he started his career. (He is now a business analyst at CACI, an information technology company in Arlington, Va.)

Oh for fucks sake....

Isn't Harris still single and living off the fundie speaking circuit?

Oh for fucks sake....

Isn't Harris still single and living off the fundie speaking circuit?

Married with 3 kids, per his website

joshharris.com/bio.php

I Kissed Dating Goodbye has been popular with non-fundie evangelicals for quite a while.

we can only hope this book leads to less fundies in the world.

Josh Harris is indeed alive, well, married, pastor of the former flagship church (Covenant Life Church- CLC-, Gaithersburg, MD) of the Sovereign Grace Ministries movement (SGM, think CJ Mahaney) and scrambling as fast as he can away from various lawsuits being leveled both at SGM, CLC and several former pastor-colleagues of his relating to the alleged abuse of minors prior to his time taking over the top job at CLC.

In fairness to him, it's not alleged he was at all a part of the abuse that is said to have taken place. Still, because of his former strong ties both to several named defendants in the lawsuit - including his mentor, CJ Mahaney - and to the parachurch movement he was a featured leader in for many years, he seems unable to clearly and unambiguously distance himself from the alleged perpetrators and help in the investigation process.

@ Josh Harris:

I Kissed Dating Accountability Good-bye

There, fixed it for you.

Josh Harris gets mentioned in the communist-liberal mouthpiece NY Times, in a section that has wedding anouncements for gay and lesbian couples.

He can't be too pleased by this...

Dang, I hate that Josh Harris is married. He would have been perfect for Sally Mally!

It could have been the first FJ-arranged marriage!

If I recall my days of following the no more dating doctrine, not only is he married, he and his wife wrote a book about the courtship phase, and then getting through the first few years of marriage.

Archived