IGNORED

Your husband wants a play date, not a wife...

Koala

So be a "girl" instead of a woman :angry-banghead:

Unbelievable:

This might make you go up in arms, but no wonder so many men leave for a younger, more fun girl. I don’t actually think men are as wrapped up in that the new girl being young and cute {even though that doesn’t hurt} vs. it has to do with that the other wives get ‘old’ in attitude.

Women are smart and even smarter if we don’t let our emotions completely run the show. I will recognize when I’m acting like an old hag and snap out of it. You can’t believe what a girlish laugh or giggle does for a home. Let’s not lose our girl to being a woman. Let’s save her and cultivate her. This way when our young husbands of 50, 60, and 70 are living it up we will not be shouting to them ‘when are you going to grow up?’, but rather ‘what time can you come out to play?’ {Gabrielle Reece}

Our husbands want a playmate. They want that girl they dated who laughed at his jokes and smiled at him often. You be that girl. Somehow, once we say "I do" we think we need to get serious and run life the way we think it should be run. We lose our sense of wonder and excitement. We "fall" out of love with our dear husbands and make all of our lives miserable.

Don't let this be you. Keep your husband happy at home. Always look your best and be joyful. Debi Pearl wrote that she is always playing around with her husband. They are always chasing each other and laughing together. Why would any husband want to leave that? Finding someone he would have more fun with would be difficult indeed.

My two married children sure have fun together with their spouses. Whenever they are at my home, they flirt with each other, cuddle together, and kiss. They are so in love with each other. It is so fun to watch! Alyssa and Erin will never be old hags. They absolutely want to keep their wonderful husbands happy. You be like that too, okay.

I keep wanting to ask Lori her thoughts on the Boston attack. It feels like the world is falling apart his week, and her blog is a little bubble where the worst problems people have is keeping the womenfolk in line.

I never giggled. I'm just not a giggly person. If I start giggling at my husband and chasing him around he would think I had lost my mind. And even when we dated we never were big on PDA. So he would not be thrilled if I was suddenly all over him and kissing him in front of our parents. My parents would not find it fun to watch either. Maybe I was just born an old hag and my husband was born an old fart so we make each other happy. :dance:

Today I attended the funeral of a member of my church who died very suddenly following an unexpected stroke. It was her and her husband's 58th wedding anniversary today. Her husband is grieving for his sweetheart. He is a real man, not an overgrown boy chasing every new fancy that comes his way. He cherished growing old with her - he didn't want a girl, because he's not a boy. He is a man who loved his wife for being a grown woman with dreams and interests of her own, not a toy for him to get bored of. He most certainly didn't want a playmate.

My husband and I still laugh, but he knows I'm not a touchy feely type of person it is just not in my character. Lets face it when you start dating or are first married there is more excitement and you might be more flirty and what not, but then you change and the relationship grows. You find new ways to show love and respect. This just is a recommendation to keep the relationship in a state of false bliss ignoring more enriching ways to show love. Also I hate the expression old hag as if the man never gets old. Lets face it sometimes after being married awhile your husband is an old fart who farts too much. :lol:

I never giggled. I'm just not a giggly person. If I start giggling at my husband and chasing him around he would think I had lost my mind. And even when we dated we never were big on PDA. So he would not be thrilled if I was suddenly all over him and kissing him in front of our parents. My parents would not find it fun to watch either. Maybe I was just born an old hag and my husband was born an old fart so we make each other happy. :dance:

You just described my husband and I. We are very private people and I would never be comfortable "kissing and cuddling" while some creepy woman like Lori looked on.

I am also a very serious person by nature, and if I started chasing my husband anywhere he would be worried about my stability. It doesn't fit my personality at all.

If all the men in the world were really like the men in Lori's life or like the men she writes about - I would never want to be married. It would be exhausting. You would have to look after an adult man who has the mind and discipline of a child and who needs constant attention. I'd be telling such a man to look after his own damn self and packing my bags by 9:00 a.m the first day of marriage. However, I would probably frolic and giggle as the door slammed shut.

Well, I thought this was going to be an "interesting" post. Then I saw it was a dumbass Lori post.

Well, I thought this was going to be an "interesting" post. Then I saw it was a dumbass Lori post.

I knew it was going to be a Lori post before I even clicked. :lol:

The more I read Lori, the worse her husband looks.

Lori, people grow and change. The point of marriage isn't to stay the same forever, or pretend to be something you're not, it's to grow and change together. Yeah, I'm not the 22 year old my husband met 15 years ago. He's not the 20 year old I met 15 years ago. That's okay. Time passes, people change. What counts is that we're as committed to each other today as we were when we married 13 years ago.

So be a "girl" instead of a woman :angry-banghead:

Unbelievable:

Methinks Gabby Reece got hit on the noggin by one too many volleyballs. Shame on you, Gabby.

In what world does every woman turn all serious and dull when she gets married? I'm not sure I've seen this, unless she's married to a douche who treats her like garbage. Then there's nothing to be excited about, hm?

I would be seriously worried if my husband and I ceased to make each other laugh, because our almost identical senses of humor are a big part of our connection, but somehow we've managed to evolve into grown-ups in our 14 years together while still cracking each other up. We still have fun and goof around, sure, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be a giggly airhead because some woman who is married to an exhausting man thinks we all share her fate. I don't think I've physically chased a male since I was a schoolgirl on the playground at recess time (I was such a little harlot!), nor have I had any desire to. And the thought of sitting on my parents' couch and making out with him makes me cringe. Self-control: we have it now, and we had it when we were twenty-something.

My parents have been married for 52 years. My mom is a short and petite, but an amazingly strong, loving, forgiving, generous person. She and my father grew up in the 40's, married in the 50's, and for them, the marriage partnership where the man goes out to work and earn the money, while the wife stays home and raises the children, worked for them. Each had their role to play in the relationship, each brought their own strength to it, and they valued each other and the family above all else.

They also took their marriage vows seriously. My dad is a grown man and has been since he joined the military at age 18 and learned some hard facts of life. He didn't marry my mother so he would have someone to giggle at his lame jokes and flatter his fragile male ego. He was and is quite confident in himself all on his own.

If my parents had behaved like teenagers amped up on hormones the way JimBob and Michele to - I would have been mortified and nauseous. From them, I learned that adults can control their behavior (and should do so in deference to the people around them). There are many ways to show your partner that you love them besides making out in front of others.

Why do fundies glorify immature behavior?

If I saw my aunts and uncles start doing the "giggle, run around, and indulge in teenage PDAs" at this point in the game, I would need to get in a corner and curl up in a ball. The only thing that I would find more disturbing is if the married womenfolk in the family started speaking in baby voices. Ugh. God forbid. :hand:

You just described my husband and I. We are very private people and I would never be comfortable "kissing and cuddling" while some creepy woman like Lori looked on.

I am also a very serious person by nature, and if I started chasing my husband anywhere he would be worried about my stability. It doesn't fit my personality at all.

Same here! When my husband and I were dating, a friend told me she knew it was serious between us because I let him hold my hand during a movie. :) In our 18 years together, I can count on one hand the number of times we've held them, but we're still going strong thank you very much. If I'm ever looking for a quick path to divorce though, I'll be sure to take Lori's advice.

This is really offensive. And it puts blame on women if the husband leaves the wife for a younger girl. According to Lori, if this happens, it's because the woman was an "old hag"? How about, ummm MAYBE because the man is a complete dick.

Way to blame the victims...

based on the room above, I bet she has to crawl under the table when they have company!

My husband and I are affectionate- appropriately affectionate. We hold hands sometimes in public. Or kiss in front of the kids. We dance together. Laugh together. We've also been known to kick around a soccer ball together. We know how to have fun together, and we do have fun together. All without resorting to juvenile antics.

In what world does every woman turn all serious and dull when she gets married? I'm not sure I've seen this, unless she's married to a douche who treats her like garbage. Then there's nothing to be excited about, hm?

This. If a woman is "acting like an old hag" (wtf with the word choice!) it is probably because she has nothing to smile about. When the woman is supposed to take care of EVERYTHING she is going to be exhausted. There is not going to be any time for giggling and running around because she will be taking care of house, home, kids and whatever whim her headship decides.

Also not that all men (or women for that matter) want giggling girls for wives!

Me and my girlfriend are totally still giggly and running around (although we would never kiss or cuddle in front of people!) but we are not even 25 yet!

Maybe if you married as teenagers or something you would look back in 40 years and wonder what happened to those people, but I was already a woman when I got married, not a giggling school girl. I never played the "laugh at every joke, always be fun" game when dating. That's a life-lie and not a great way to forge a solid relationship with anyone. Lies eventually get discovered.

All without resorting to juvenile antics.

Does this mean naked tag and naked hide and seek are off the table? :(

Archived