IGNORED

Still Not "Asking For It"

SpeakNow

Indeed, what is so fucking difficult? What makes rape different from any other crime in this sense? We are not theirs for the taking.

Indeed, what is so fucking difficult? What makes rape different from any other crime in this sense? We are not theirs for the taking.

What she said.

I normally don't participate in memes (except if it involves one or more cats!) or take public stands (I'm not articulate or clever enough to "debate" opposing viewpoints), but this really struck a cord with me. Thank you for posting it!

Love it! I've seen a lot of these popping up and I've also been seeing these on facebook after the "SlutWalk" events becoming so popular.

If half as much time was spent teaching young men that they shouldn't rape (!) as is spent teaching young women how to avoid being raped - everyone would be a lot better off.

Love that response and I also love that a man wrote it. Men SHOULD be offended by those kinds of comments and the attitude that when their dick is involved, they somehow lose all self-control.

If half as much time was spent teaching young men that they shouldn't rape (!) as is spent teaching young women how to avoid being raped - everyone would be a lot better off.

Yes! x infinity! :cracking-up:

On a related note, this showed up on my facebook feed today:

wrongingrights.com/2013/01/what-if-we-responded-to-sexual-assault-by-limiting-mens-freedom-like-we-limit-womens.html

(It's satire suggesting that we give men the same advice we give women, e.g. since many cases of sexual assault occur at night, we should forbid men to go out alone at night. A really great piece.)

Archived