IGNORED

Fascinating Womanhood

quinoa mama

Go to the Fascinating Womanhood website: fascinatingwomanhood.net/ Look at the purple drawing on the top left. Is it just my imagination, or is that a drawing of a vagina?

It rather looks like one, yes.

Carolyn Jessop, known for escaping the FLDS, read this in high school and snarked the fuck out of it in her book. It was awesome.

I'm about halfway through reading "Escape", and that's what prompted me to google Fascinating Womanhood.

"Fascinating Womanhood" was one of the books my mum recommended to me, when I was single after a serious relationship. I looked it up on online, not knowing what it was, and told her no way in hell. So, she gave me "The Rules" as a present. I read it, called her back, and we had a pretty good discussion about all the things wrong with those books. She later successfully used some of the (abstracted) tips from the books to train the dog. He's a very well-behaved dog. :lol:

For some reason I can't see the picture though... :(

"Fascinating Womanhood" was one of the books my mum recommended to me, when I was single after a serious relationship. I looked it up on online, not knowing what it was, and told her no way in hell. So, she gave me "The Rules" as a present. I read it, called her back, and we had a pretty good discussion about all the things wrong with those books. She later successfully used some of the (abstracted) tips from the books to train the dog. He's a very well-behaved dog. :lol:

For some reason I can't see the picture though... :(

When I was in HS, one of the women in our church recommended this book to girls my age. My mom and dad told me, then her, that it was BS and that they had no interest in their daughters (they had 3) following any of the stuff in the book. It is my understanding that neither my mother (in 1956) nor her mother (in 1929) had obey in their wedding vows.

I think the picture is actually supposed to be some sort of stylized, ridiculously skinny woman. It does look like a vagina, though.

Looking at the links below the picture...someone offers classes to teach this garbage?

I think the picture is actually supposed to be some sort of stylized, ridiculously skinny woman. It does look like a vagina, though.

Looking at the links below the picture...someone offers classes to teach this garbage?

Looks like she's about to disappear entirely. Which is pretty much the point of the book, isn't it.

Does anyone else think the photo of Helen Andelin on that site looks off? She looks very young in that picture, but the picture doesn't look that old. According to the info, she died in 2009 at age 89 so she must have been born around 1920. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Looks like she's about to disappear entirely. Which is pretty much the point of the book, isn't it.

It looks like the website is about to disappear. No current class dates, and no book sales....

Go to the Fascinating Womanhood website: http://www.fascinatingwomanhood.net/ Look at the purple drawing on the top left. Is it just my imagination, or is that a drawing of a vagina?

Yikes - this does sound pretty awful. I have to admit that I'm sort of intrigued by this book even though I've never read it. Back in the fundie church where I grew up, we were encouraged to read Beautiful Girlhood but FW was discouraged b/c the pastors thought it encouraged women to manipulate men.

Does anyone else think the photo of Helen Andelin on that site looks off? She looks very young in that picture, but the picture doesn't look that old. According to the info, she died in 2009 at age 89 so she must have been born around 1920. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I agree! That photo I'd just.. Odd.

So is the purple vagina woman. Lol

I didn't know that Facinating Womanhood still existed. I thought it was drivel when I first heard about it and that it had died out long ago. It is however endlessly snark worthy.

Good grief.

After you have downloaded the workbook, punch 3 holes in it and place it in a three-ring loose leaf binder. Or take it to a copy center to have it punched and spiral bound.

This was apparently last updated in 2007. okaaaay.

I can't see Purple Vagina Woman either :( Maybe somebody from the site regularly googles and spotted us?

I was just there and I saw it. I also agree that the photo of the author may have been photoshopped to try to make it more up to date looking. She was pretty though.

If you scroll down below the picture, they do give an email address to contact if you want to take a class in the spring of 2013.

Archived