IGNORED

Ron Paul home school curricula.

dawbs

I'm always leery about anything being sold before it's written.

Here's the link to the curricula:

www.ronpaulcurriculum.com/

And here's a link to an article one of my favorite libertarians linked to for me--detailing why we should all be very VERY afraid of the dominionist dude who is ghostwriting this BS:

blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/04/08/gary-north-the-libertarian-taliban/

"... parents should be concerned about about Gary North, and what his agenda is in educating their children. North has been quite explicit about this in the past, and he laid out his ultimate goals in an article in Christianity and Civilization...

...Children should be killed? According to North, this isn’t just acceptable, it’s mandatory. In his book The Sinai Strategy, North writes:

When people curse their parents, it unquestionably is a capital crime (Ex. 21:17). The son or daughter is under the lawful jurisdiction of the family. The integrity of the family must be maintained by the threat of death.

...This is a man whose worldview is so violent, bigoted, intolerant, homophobic, sexist, dogmatic, and bloodthirsty that it makes the Ku Klux Klan look like the NAACP. I wouldn’t feel comfortable letting my children in the same room with him, much less pay him money to indoctrinate them with his views on government, Western civilization, and the Bible. A man with North’s history would be more appropriate as a guest lecturer at the Westboro Baptist Church than a representative of classical liberalism."

Sounds great. They're not "crawling on our bellies to the state begging for accreditation"- meaning they can't get accredited because their curriculum sucks so they're not even going to try. They have ONE way of solving mathematical problems "the right way!!11!!". After 5th grade there's no need for any further parental involvement! Yeah, 'cos if you're homeschooling the last thing you want is parental involvement.

EDIT: riffle

They're not "crawling on our bellies to the state begging for accreditation"- meaning they can't get accredited because their curriculum sucks so they're not even going to try

I find this particularly irritating - especially the "crawling on our bellies to the state" - coming from someone who ran for president. Someone who wanted to run the state should have a little more respect for it.

Ron Paul himself would probably not endorse the curricula-- not that I care for the man, but I know a lot of Ron Paul lovers. He needs to be more careful about what he lends his name to, because this kind of thing seems to happen a lot.

That, and Republicans/libertarians need to do a better job of calling each other on their bullshit, and not accepting everyone who makes the right noises. This guy would be right up the Tea Party's alley, but I personally don't know a moderate Republican or libertarian who likes or would like North. This trend toward theocracy wouldn't have happened if Republicans hadn't sat back and shrugged all the fundie bullshit off as "well, that's just their personal belief!" fucking really? Can anyone imagine Democrats shrugging off shit like "Men don't know what's best for them!" or "white people are nothing but thugs!" or "Christians aren't real Americans!" ? But it's perfectly okay for right-wing crazies to say that about women, people of color, and non-Christians. Even Paul seems to be falling into that trap.

... Even Paul seems to be falling into that trap.

I disagree. I don't think he is falling into that trap.

He is intentionally running into it headfirst. He is a user who has no qualms about doing whatever he thinks he needs to do to gain influence and votes. Too bad so many true libertarians are fooled.

All JMHO, of course.

Archived