IGNORED

Pretty sure that doesn't count...

Koala

Abigail is blathering on about how she gave up her blog for lent. Is she serious? According to my count she blogged 5 times during her "fast". Sometimes I just have to say WTF?

Yeah, I'm waiting to see a commenter call out this Catholicest Catholic in the history of Catholicism.

On the other hand, at least she admits that she still has a selfish heart post-lent. It's a complete understatement, but it's something, I guess.

Look, I know nobody's perfect, Abigail, and that people screw up their Lenten promises all the time. Lord knows I have.

However, when you make your promise publicly, and it's something that can be proven publicly (such as making blog posts on a public blog), and you constantly tout your own piety, when you screw up people are going to notice and make comments.

I love how she closed comments on her blog with the excuse that it is "for Lent." Because she is holding us accountable for . . . upholding a "blog comment fasting" that we didn't pledge to make?

Here is Abigail's FB response to Google commemorating Cesar Chavez's birthday instead of Easter:

Thank you--biased reporters. Its not that my being mad about Google's lack of an Easter greeting yesterday, makes me biased against all Latinos. Chavez is a Catholic. As are many Latinos. In fact, my Easter Vigil service was half English, half-Spanish in lowly Martinsburg, WEST VIRGINIA--because Catholic means Universal. In fact, MY POPE IS FROM SOUTH AMERICA!!!! It is possible to be pro-Jesus, foremost, and then use that unity as a source of equality, love, and justice for all humankind. You reporters have a divisive spirit. I rebuke you.

Did she only post on Sundays? I've heard in the past that Sundays don't count for Lenten fasts, but I'm not sure if that has any doctrinal basis or is just for people who don't think they can go without coffee/chocolate/Facebook for a whole six weeks.

Here is Abigail's FB response to Google commemorating Cesar Chavez's birthday instead of Easter:

"I can't be racist against Latinos because my Pope is from Argentina" is certainly a new and creative spin on "I can't be racist, I have black friends"...

Did she only post on Sundays? I've heard in the past that Sundays don't count for Lenten fasts, but I'm not sure if that has any doctrinal basis or is just for people who don't think they can go without coffee/chocolate/Facebook for a whole six weeks.

I'm pretty sure Sundays are officially not part of Lenten fasts, because saints' days are too. It's because of receiving the Eucharist on those days I think.

Unfortunately for Abigail, she wasn't posting only on Sundays. Check out her blog: she posted on Thursday the 28th, Wednesday the 27th, Tuesday the 12th, Monday the 11th (which is when she declared she was going on a blogging break for Lent). So she started her fast a month late, and couldn't keep it up until the 31st. Let us all bow down to Her Holiness. What a hypocrite.

If Abigail were humble, and admitted that she screwed up, it would be a different story. But she's not. Yes, she admits that she makes mistakes, but in her mind, her mistakes only prove how super special and close to Jesus she is. She clearly has anger issues and loves drama. I think this is true for both her and her husband. They both have truly hateful attitudes masked in a smug sense of superiority and martyr complex. She worships religion but doesn't seem overly interested in the actual teachings of Jesus.

Unfortunately for Abigail, she wasn't posting only on Sundays. Check out her blog: she posted on Thursday the 28th, Wednesday the 27th, Tuesday the 12th, Monday the 11th (which is when she declared she was going on a blogging break for Lent). So she started her fast a month late, and couldn't keep it up until the 31st. Let us all bow down to Her Holiness. What a hypocrite.

If Abigail were humble, and admitted that she screwed up, it would be a different story. But she's not. Yes, she admits that she makes mistakes, but in her mind, her mistakes only prove how super special and close to Jesus she is. She clearly has anger issues and loves drama. I think this is true for both her and her husband. They both have truly hateful attitudes masked in a smug sense of superiority and martyr complex. She worships religion but doesn't seem overly interested in the actual teachings of Jesus.

Man, Abigail blogged during Holy Week? There are no saints' days to find as an excuse for breaking your fast there* :lol:

*if you break your Lenten fast for whatever reason, the solution is to find out if that day is a saint's day because breaking fast is allowed then :D

"I can't be racist against Latinos because my Pope is from Argentina" is certainly a new and creative spin on "I can't be racist, I have black friends"...

The argument doesn't even hold up--the Pope is the son of Italian immigrants to Argentina, so he isn't ethnically Latino.

Uh, oh, the is the Pope Latino or not debate enters FJ land. I've been reading that one out on the news sites.

You know, Abigail, you're right. It IS possible to be pro-Jesus, foremost, and then use that unity as a source of equality, love, and justice for all humankind. YOU don't do anything near that, but I suppose it is possible.

You're a pompous, over-pious ass. You make my cousin look normal, and my cousin was kicked out of a Franciscan order for being "overly pious." Fucking MONKS couldn't stand to be around him, and you make him look sane.

Archived