IGNORED

Sweet Frog - Christian Frozen Yogurt

MandyLaLa

We just got one in my town and I was all excited to go, until I read their about me section.

sweetFrog was founded on the principles of Christianity and our belief in bringing happiness and a positive attitude into the lives of our consumers. At sweetFrog, F.R.O.G stands for Fully Rely On God – and we hope to be an example of that in every community!

Wait, does this mean all that YogenFruz I've been eating has been atheist? Or worse, Presbyterian??!!??

We just got a Sweet Frog too! Why does this make me feel like I can't go there anymore? :cry: It's my favorite place for froyo.

I feel as long as the religious aspect is discreet and does not infringe on non-adherents, then it's not an issue.

There's nothing wrong with patronizing religious-oriented businesses. Many hospitals have religious roots and they provide excellent services. Many shops have religious owners who may nor may not be open about their faith. I bet lots of kosher deli in NYC had Jewish owners who may adhere to Jewish customs. As long as they don't hand out religious pamphlets or have other annoying attributes, I'd go. I just dislike places like Chick-Fil-A because it's closed on Sundays and the only time I tend to eat out is the weekends since I'm already out.

I feel as long as the religious aspect is discreet and does not infringe on non-adherents, then it's not an issue.

There's nothing wrong with patronizing religious-oriented businesses. Many hospitals have religious roots and they provide excellent services. Many shops have religious owners who may nor may not be open about their faith. I bet lots of kosher deli in NYC had Jewish owners who may adhere to Jewish customs. As long as they don't hand out religious pamphlets or have other annoying attributes, I'd go. I just dislike places like Chick-Fil-A because it's closed on Sundays and the only time I tend to eat out is the weekends since I'm already out.

Chick fil A keeps its religion a clisely guarded secret compared to sweet frog. "Fully rely on god" is plastered all over the inside of the sneeze guards and on staff uniforms.

Chick fil A keeps its religion a clisely guarded secret compared to sweet frog. "Fully rely on god" is plastered all over the inside of the sneeze guards and on staff uniforms.

That would be a deal killer for me. I prefer the staff fully rely on their common sense and training.

I don't mind people being religious, but I don't want instructions on something I personally don't believe in - especially when getting dessert. In the same way I wouldn't walk into their business with "there is no God" on my t shirt, I don't want them telling me what they think on the subject either.

"Fully rely on god" is plastered all over the inside of the sneeze guards

Well, their faith must be weak. If they are fully relying on God, why do they need sneeze guards?

;)

Well, their faith must be weak. If they are fully relying on God, why do they need sneeze guards?

;)

Or a job or business to support yourself, for that matter....ahem, husband of smuganna's sister who's name I forget and am too lazy to look up.

Hmmm....I think I will stick that heathen yogurt shop down on Dickson Street. It's called Orange Leaf.

I am glad that hasn't been an issue here- the local shops don't appear to have any religious affliations. And if I hadn't had a stomach bug all day I would totally go to the local one. (but it's one of self serve sold by weight types, so probably not a good idea)

i wonder what the flavor "sweet sweet fellowship" tastes like. i bet i would like it with sprinkles.

We have a SweetFrog near where I live. I had no idea they were religious. It doesn't bother me until they push it on others. I used to like Chic-fil-a...until they went all ape-shit and started to support bigotry with the dough. Used to love Hobby Lobby too. They had some wonderful craft supplies...but then they went ape-shit all over birth control.

Btw...my bc pills cost me $0 last time and so I just saved myself $30. OT, but my antidepressants were only $4 this past month and are usually about $80. Does anyone know if it has anything to do with Obamacare?

Back on topic...Regardless of their religion, I'm lactose intolerant so I don't have to worry about eating there if they go ape-shit as well.

one of the problems is that the crazy is always there...it's just not always visible.

Before Hobby Lobby went ape shit over birth control, they WERE already crazy. And every dollar spent there was supporting a group that gave $ to gothard.

Before Chic-Fil-A went public w/ it's gay hatred, it was giving $ to hate groups.

It's exhausting, sometimes, to try to not support hate when all I want to do is spend my money.

We have a SweetFrog near where I live. I had no idea they were religious. It doesn't bother me until they push it on others. I used to like Chic-fil-a...until they went all ape-shit and started to support bigotry with the dough. Used to love Hobby Lobby too. They had some wonderful craft supplies...but then they went ape-shit all over birth control.

Btw...my bc pills cost me $0 last time and so I just saved myself $30. OT, but my antidepressants were only $4 this past month and are usually about $80. Does anyone know if it has anything to do with Obamacare?

Back on topic...Regardless of their religion, I'm lactose intolerant so I don't have to worry about eating there if they go ape-shit as well.

You can rely on god to deal with the lactose for you.

one of the problems is that the crazy is always there...it's just not always visible.

Before Hobby Lobby went ape shit over birth control, they WERE already crazy. And every dollar spent there was supporting a group that gave $ to gothard.

Before Chic-Fil-A went public w/ it's gay hatred, it was giving $ to hate groups.

It's exhausting, sometimes, to try to not support hate when all I want to do is spend my money.

I know what you mean.

Very true, but I was unaware until they went ape-shit what they supported. When they go public with their crazy, people learn what's really behind their doors.

So, they lost my business. And I know I'm not the only one who stopped supporting them when the truth came out. It's hard to see what's hidden beneath the surface. It really is a shame to hear groups being so bigoted and supporting that bigotry. Ignorance can blamed before because really, who actually thinks that hard about a store to research where their dollar may go before purchasing a basket or buying a quick sandwich while out and about?

The Chic-fil-a around here has a playground, so many parents just see a quick meal and a place to burn off energy. The local McDonalds also a playset, so if I had a child, I'd rather give her a chicken sandwich from there and let her burn off energy while knowing it's not served with a side bigotry. Once you know what they support fully, if you disagree with what they support, continuing to eat or shop there is a bit hypocritical imo, so I can't justify going to either. Jo-Ann's doesn't have a religious them like Hobby Lobby and i'll take a soup and sandwich from Panera anyday over Chic-fil-a.

You can rely on god to deal with the lactose for you.

True...but I became lactose intolerant while I was a Christian. Apparently I didn't F.R.O.G enough, so he never gave me my lactase persistence back.

I have been to our local Sweet Frog exactly once, and did not partake of the product (I stopped in to see my 2 yr old granddaughter, who LOVES that place!).

I did not see any overt religious messages, but perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place? Please fill me in, FJ members!

Archived