IGNORED

Special Victims Unit (SVU)

merrily

I didn't find a topic for this show yet, so I'm starting one. I have a question for anyone who'd watched the latest season of SVU

Whatever happened to Eliot? Did he have mental break down?

Pretty much, I guess.

In the finale of season 12, he shoots and kills a teenage girl (who had opened fire in the police station) and then resigns.

I wish these cop shows didn't have such cliche plot lines for the characters. If you've watched criminal minds, there's been two agents who resigned because of... personal issues. Then again, most people watch these shows for the criminals not for actual characterization. :(

This show is one of my guilty pleasures. I love me some Detective Munch, and have a huge girl crush on Benson. The new chick from Georgia's not bad, either. And now that I think about it, that new DA they added this season (DA Barba?) is pretty hot, too. :oops:

He quit the show because of what happened at the end of the last season. In reality he quit to be on true blood. There is speculation that it was his hand Olivia help when she got on the airplane, that he is coming back because he is no longer on true blood.

• 1 month later...

There's a new episode about an abused singer returning to her jerk boyfriend. Are they mirroring the recent fiasco between Rhianna and her boyfriend? (Although I doubt their relationship would end as tragically as the girl in the episode)

There's a new episode about an abused singer returning to her jerk boyfriend. Are they mirroring the recent fiasco between Rhianna and her boyfriend? (Although I doubt their relationship would end as tragically as the girl in the episode)

I would say yes, I've seen several news articles saying that it is about them. (not breaking the link for news sites)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-l ... 84458.html

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/28/rihanna-c ... order-svu/

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/22 ... a-incident

Eliot and Benson were so good together. I quit watching when he went to True Blood. After he got jellied there i had a small hope that he'd come back to SVU.

BTW HBO has a documentary on the real NYC SVU and it's quite interesting. Unlike a TV procedural, things don't wrap up nicely in 24 hours. But these ADA's and cops are on the front lines.

I love John Munch. He's got a heart buried under all that tin foil bluster.

I love that episode when Munch plays the crazy homeless guy preaching. (I think they were trying to catch some people who were attacking the homeless)

Eliot and Benson were so good together. I quit watching when he went to True Blood. After he got jellied there i had a small hope that he'd come back to SVU.

BTW HBO has a documentary on the real NYC SVU and it's quite interesting. Unlike a TV procedural, things don't wrap up nicely in 24 hours. But these ADA's and cops are on the front lines.

I love John Munch. He's got a heart buried under all that tin foil bluster.

Eliot is going to come back :dance: At least, that's what sources say.

I miss Elliot in a way, but I think that the new detectives bring some fresh air and new storylines. And I have to admit a MAJOR weak spot for Danny Pino as Nick Amaro!

They are going to be tackling a school like Sandy Hook sometime this season.

I'll be honest, I didn't really miss him as much as I thought I would.

At least it was something new and fresh without him compared to before. After so many seasons, nothing really stands out anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

He quit the show because of what happened at the end of the last season. In reality he quit to be on true blood. There is speculation that it was his hand Olivia help when she got on the airplane, that he is coming back because he is no longer on true blood.

After tonight's episode, I can say that it wasn't Eliot on the plane with Liv, It was Cassidy. That made me say Holy Crap loud enough to scare the greyhound.

Next week looks good, it will address the "legimite " rape issue.

The rapist got off because a juror bought the legitimate rape can't get you pregnant defense when presented by a so called "expert" witness and then the rapist sues for custody of the baby.

• 1 month later...

The finale of this season's SVU was kind of meh for me. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't desensitize viewers to rape so much. I shouldn't anticipate something Detective Benson is going to go through with an again? look on my face.

Mariska signed on for another year, so she lives. (yawn.)

I signed off on this show after Alex Cabot was written out and it went from an ensemble to the Mariska Hargitay hour. I can't believe it's still going. Must have Energizer Bunny like stamina.

Archived