IGNORED

Ray Comfort's talk show

merrily

It's been awhile since we've snarked on Ray Comfort. I thought he'd dropped the whole creationism angle until I realized that he has his own little channel on youtube. He's currently yammering on about Roe V. Wade, does anyone have the patience to watch it and snark? Or at least snark at the comments. pSY_H8Fo0KM

If I have time later, I might try to watch it. Ray Comfort always sticks to his script. He never has conversations with the people that he is trying to convert.

You're right, debrand. He's regurgitating the same toolish crap, but this time he's advertising his own stuff along with it. I'd rather read a sporking of the Tool's works.

I watched the ENTIRE '180' documentary when it became available. That was traumatizing.

Braver than I am. We got it as a Christmas Gift last year (I think--) but I never opened it.

Wow, hard to believe that any of Comfort's material is being given as a gift. I find his approach hard to understand, and I don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to his particular flavor of public brow-beating. My only encounter with someone using his WOM materials was in a public movie theater - a group infiltrated a midnight show of Chronicles of Narnia and started witnessing OVER THE MOVIE before it was finished.

It was appalling, and the theater management didn't do anything about it.

I have acquaintances who are fundie-lite (heading towards fundie) who eat up Ray Comforts crap. They try to "street preach" like he does, and it's the most annoying thing to listen to them talk about how if they could just get people to see how awful their hearts are, they would surely convert to Christianity. It's such a condescending tactic and makes my head want to explode. What can you even say to people who gobble this stuff up? They're nice folks, seriously, but unbearable when they start praising dbags like Ray Comfort.

Are they, by any chance, using the asshat's 'are you a good person' box? The snake uses a magnetized box and pointer so that any unsuspecting person pointing to the yes would end up pointing no. Then he'll start preaching.

Are they, by any chance, using the asshat's 'are you a good person' box? The snake uses a magnetized box and pointer so that any unsuspecting person pointing to the yes would end up pointing no. Then he'll start preaching.

I have never heard of this box. :shock: I don't quite understand how it works.

Wow, hard to believe that any of Comfort's material is being given as a gift. I find his approach hard to understand, and I don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to his particular flavor of public brow-beating. My only encounter with someone using his WOM materials was in a public movie theater - a group infiltrated a midnight show of Chronicles of Narnia and started witnessing OVER THE MOVIE before it was finished.

It was appalling, and the theater management didn't do anything about it.

I would have wrote a scathing opinion piece for the local newspaper about that theater and warn people that they could very well pay money to see a movie and then not get to see it because management won't remove rude people who are intentionally trying to ruin a movie. I would continue to make noise about it until management is forced to take action and promise not to let it happen again. I would have also demanded my money back. Your experience was ridiculous. There isn't much you can do to convice fools not to be foolish, but the theater should have put a stop to it.

And I agree with you. Those people were morons. Ruining a movie people paid to see isn't going to endear your message to anyone. It's just going to piss them off. It's not a very good way to get converts.

My pharmacy is selling one of his books (the one about scientific facts in the Bible). I picked it up and read a few pages. I immediately had to buy a soda so I could take my anti-nausea meds right then.

But, but what about the BANANAS????????!!!!!!!! god loves us because a banana will fit in our hand!!! Eleventy11!!!

Please, think of the bananas and Kirk Cameron!!!

Don't be "Left Behind!"

I would have wrote a scathing opinion piece for the local newspaper about that theater and warn people that they could very well pay money to see a movie and then not get to see it because management won't remove rude people who are intentionally trying to ruin a movie. I would continue to make noise about it until management is forced to take action and promise not to let it happen again. I would have also demanded my money back. Your experience was ridiculous. There isn't much you can do to convice fools not to be foolish, but the theater should have put a stop to it.

And I agree with you. Those people were morons. Ruining a movie people paid to see isn't going to endear your message to anyone. It's just going to piss them off. It's not a very good way to get converts.

As it happens, I did write a letter to the editor of our medium size town paper and it was published. I focused more on the idiots ruining the movie than the movie theater. I wrote a letter to the movie theater, and they were jerks about it... no apology or anything. Needless to say, we try not to give them business.

The group refused to divulge which church or organization they were with - way to go with the Christians Witness!

It was so frustrating because we had a friend with us who was very ill. She was young but could not get out to do "normal" things, and this movie night was little window of fun for her. We had to focus on getting her out safely rather than deal with the rascals right then and there.

My questions are:

What do they expect fellow Christians to do? It appears all their tricks are aimed at labeling every mark a sinner destined for hell. I can't make sense of what he is talking about most of the time...

What do they expect from non Christians? To stand up in front of a crowd and humiliate themselves

It's been awhile since we've snarked on Ray Comfort. I thought he'd dropped the whole creationism angle until I realized that he has his own little channel on youtube. He's currently yammering on about Roe V. Wade, does anyone have the patience to watch it and snark? Or at least snark at the comments. pSY_H8Fo0KM

Well, that's 29 minutes I'll never get back.

Ray Comfort (his co-hosts almost invariably called him "Ray Comfort", even when speaking directly to him) is probably the least dynamic talk show/snooze fest host I've seen. He spent a lot of time staring at the co-host, whose name I never did catch since his microphone was off at the start of the show. From time to time, the co-host would prompt him to make a statement, and he would mumble away for a bit. Occasionally, he would scrawl something on a notepad. He spent most of his time gazing off into space (or what would be space except I'm not sure Ray Comfort actually believes in astronomy or anything scientific like that). The program seemed to be a combination rant about a "demonic" video purportedly from the Center for Reproductive Rights, and an ad for the 180movie, which promises to change pro-choice proponents into anti-choice advocates in <120 seconds, except for one guy who seemed more dense and needed 300 seconds. I suspect at least some of the people shown were agreeing with Ray Comfort's views to make him go away--their smirking didn't exactly scream of sincerity. Oh, and Michelle and Boob endorsed the 180 movie. Righteous!

At the end of the program, there was a segment called Tool of the Day. Seriously. No, Doug Phillips (who is a tool) was not being promoted--it was the usual shill for Ray Comfort's books, videos and tracts. Doug is still, however, also a tool, even though Ray Comfort is a serious challenger to that title.

I didn't have the energy to check out comments about the program--29 minutes was enough torture.

I have never heard of this box. :shock: I don't quite understand how it works.

step 1 ask are you a good person,then present the box and pointer

step 2 the person would point to yes,but the magnet on the end of the pointer would make them point to no (there' s a magnet on the other side of the box)

step 3 laugh and proceed to preach about sin and hell

Archived