IGNORED

Lady Lydia, please remove the stick from your rear

Freyacat

Lady Lydia posted a new entry; she hasn't been posting much lately. This part made me cringe:

I enjoy this arrangement of the song "Jesus, Lover of My Soul" and I think you will find it a soothing background inspiration for any homemaking that needs to be done.

Really? Can't you ever just relax and listen to some music? That's one of the things I get the least about the fundies: They never seem to just chill out and kick back to enjoy something. They have to make everything "inspiring" rather than just enjoyable, and they have to always be *doing* something. Personally, I think they just like to make themselves sound super busy with their puttering around the house, because they lack the self-assurance to just be who they are and not worry about impressing others.

The whole thing is at homeliving.blogspot.com/2013/01/jesus-lover-of-my-soul.html

Oh, also, I have to say that the song Jesus Lover of My Soul makes me giggle like a twelve year old, because the lyrics have always sounded like they belong in a trashy romance novel IMO. Lyrics for anyone who isn't familiar with the song:

Jesus, Lover of my soul,

Jesus, I will never let you go

You’ve taken me from the miry clay

You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now i know

I love you, I need you,

Though my world may fall, I’ll never let you go

My Saviour, my closest friend,

I will worship you until the very end

I hoped this thread was about Lydia of Purple. :P

Wow, I wasn't familiar with her and googled it. Those are the butt-ugliest clothes anywhere outside of an FLDS compound.

I wonder what tune she's using - those words would NOT work with the tune I know.

The lyrics I know are truly beautiful. Not a patch of miry clay anywhere!

I wonder what tune she's using - those words would NOT work with the tune I know.

The lyrics I know are truly beautiful. Not a patch of miry clay anywhere!

Hmmm.... and I just went back to Lady Lydia's site and watched the video she linked, which I didn't do earlier. The lyrics in the video aren't the same ones I quoted. But what I quoted is indeed another song with the same title, and one I'd heard before in church years ago. So there must be two songs with that name; apparently Lydia likes the non-romance novel one. Mea culpa!

Edited for bad grammar.

There are several versions, even two in the Lutheran Book of Worship. It was one of my mom's favorites, but I couldn't remember which tune when it came time for her funeral. :\ So I just picked one and hoped for the best.

That was my first recital piece at the age of 8, on a 2 manual organ. I could barely reach the pedals. I've loved that sone (not those lyrics) since I was little.

As far as LL, she's all a kefuffle because of remodeling. Perhaps someone threw a hammer in the cabbage rose wall and made it look better.

Guest Anonymous
Lady Lydia posted a new entry; she hasn't been posting much lately. This part made me cringe:

Nope. I tried it. My dirty dishes are still in the sink and I do not feel soothed nor inspired to wash them.

I read the comments and some of them made me sad. There was one woman whose husband wanted her to work, while she wanted to be a homemaker. Lady Lydia tells her to just do it and tell her husband it's what's right for her. I guess LL believes woman-as-homemaker trumps husband-as-headship.

I hoped this thread was about Lydia of Purple. :P

I think she died and her husband remarried, isn't that right? Weren't they the ones that ran the puppy mill or am I totally mixed up?

The lyrics remind of the episode of South Park where Cartman started a Christian band and he just put the name Jesus into love songs. It was hysterical.

Exactly! I was listening to that song and thought that it's really damn sexual, and how men would feel trying to identify with it. I mean, Jesus, their lover...? Must be a women's' thing.

LL pisses me off because she thinks like the stinking housewife and makes everything about herself. Religious songs, drinking tea, everything. Like a kraken usurping everything in reach, never letting it go and befouling it with slime so every decent person can't enjoy such things any longer, because it reminds one of her. Gaaah!

I think she died and her husband remarried, isn't that right? Weren't they the ones that ran the puppy mill or am I totally mixed up?

You're right on all counts.

I read the comments and some of them made me sad. There was one woman whose husband wanted her to work, while she wanted to be a homemaker. Lady Lydia tells her to just do it and tell her husband it's what's right for her. I guess LL believes woman-as-homemaker trumps husband-as-headship.

Once upon a time, many many years ago, she said the same shit to me - and years later denied that she would ever say such things. Around the internet, I'm sure I've seen other women who used to be caught up in that world remind her that she said similar stuff to them and seen her call them liars.

I like listening to old school funk when I clean, but for some reason I can't imagine Lori doing the dusting while listening to Parliament's "Give Up the Funk."

my inspiration for homemaking is watching Hoarders

That show makes me go clean like crazy.

Archived