IGNORED

GOP Rep: Todd Akin ‘Partly Right’ On Legitimate Rape

Visionoyahweh

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013 ... -right.php

Rep. Phil Gingrey, an ob-gyn and chairman of the GOP Doctors Caucus, explained to the audience at the Cobb Chamber of Commerce breakfast Thursday in Smyrna, Ga., that Akin wasn’t far off on the science when he said rape victims rarely get pregnant because their bodies have “ways of shutting that whole thing down.â€

“I’ve delivered lots of babies, and I know about these things. It is true,†Gingrey said, according to the Marietta Daily Journal. “We tell infertile couples all the time that are having trouble conceiving because of the woman not ovulating, ‘Just relax. Drink a glass of wine. And don’t be so tense and uptight because all that adrenaline can cause you not to ovulate.’ So he was partially right wasn’t he?â€

He's partly right in the same way that the Bible is partly right about the earth being created in 6 days which is to say not all right, not even a little bit.

I'd like to ask him, if it's OK for the woman's body to adjust its hormones with adrenaline and shut down ovulation (and thin the uterine lining) why isn't it OK for us to do the same thing with the morning after pill?

No woman who's ever gotten an adrenaline rush then fucked has ever gotten pregnant, apparently.

He is so STUPID.

Some of those women who are raped MAY ALREADY JUST HAVE OVULATED. They may be in their most fertile period.

Also, sperm can survive up to 5 days in the reproductive system.

Bloody hell, when are they going to stop spouting this shit?

Since we've already heard that women being raped should sit back and enjoy the inevitable, I'm wonder when the forced birthers will be penalizing rape victims for *not* being pregnant after their attack.

There are not enough swear words in the world for me right now.

1. Delivering lots of babies don't mean that you know fuck all about reproductive endocrinology.

2. Yes, it's true that idiot OB make "just relax" comments to infertile couples all the time. That doesn't cause these women to magically conceive. It causes them to call their friends and support groups and go online to trash whoever gives them this "advice", and go on epic rants about it's the most useless and aggravating advice, since "just relaxing" doesn't do a thing about scarring in the fallopian tubes or PCOS or clotting disorders or many of the other causes of infertility.

3. Get over yourselves. If you can't see why women have problems with what Akin and Mourdoch said, you're never going to get it.

This man is an OB/GYN? Someone revoke his license NOW!

QFT! That this jerk ever practiced Obstetrics and Gynecology is scary.

Archived