IGNORED

WTF Grandparenting! Also file under:

Koala

Lori plugs the Pearls again.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/01/terrible-twos-rebellious-teenagers.html#idc-container

Lori opens her latest post with a picture of her 2 year old granddaughter doing something that looks a lot like screaming to the top of her tiny lungs. You may remember Emma from Lori's previous post about her: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/emma-isnt-boss.html

With no food in sight, you might be asking yourself, "What is Emma crying about today?"

Here's the somewhat (okay very) odd answer:

I am not saying my children were perfect because they were not. As you can see from the picture above, neither is Emma. Whenever she gets in an irritable mood, they just have her sit somewhere until she gets out of it. {Ken was egging her on a bit for this picture ;). So far, she is an obedient little girl. Oh, how I love her!}

Now my first thought was thank god they didn't hit her. For Lori's son, time-out (even though I think it's ridiculous for a 2 year old) is very forward thinking. But then I got to the part about Ken "egging her on" and I had a real WTF moment.

How and why does a grown man - a grandfather egg a 2 year old on? She was clearly crying and upset, what did he do to make it worse, and why? Was it so Lori could snap a photo for her blog or does he usually do this? What message does it send her that when she gets in trouble Grandpa "eggs her on" and Grandma takes a picture?

My family was MILES from perfect, but my mom often tells people that she could barely fuss at me when my Papa (grandfather) was around as I would calmly look at her and say, "Haven't you forgotten something? My Papa's home!" I just assumed he would protect me. The strange thing is I sometimes got into trouble with him (they kept me a LOT) but he didn't want anyone else bothering me.

***Side note*** Lori took the comments as a perfect opportunity to plug the Pearls:

This is the book I recommend to any of you having problems with your children ~ http://www.amazon.com/Train-Up-Child-Michael-Pear...

Yes, it is very controversial but I agree with their methods. It is the same methods we used to raise four obedient children. He NEVER says to beat a child. There is a huge difference between beating a child and spanking a child in a controlled manner in order to teach obedience. My parents used it and many through the centuries to raise obedient children.

(gag)

Out of all the fundies we discuss here, Lori is the biggest Pearl leghumper. The other fundies occasionally mention the Pearls, but Lori has written about them several times and she told an FJer in an email that she meet them years ago. She also encouraged people to pray for Michael Pearl because the "media was picking on him."

Oh, I pray for Michael Pearl, too. Only my prayers are that he change his ways and ask for forgiveness for the damage he has caused.

I like this comment. Oh no my adult children no longer do what I tell them to.

Laurie · 6 hours ago

We have 9 children. We've done well with them as babies, toddlers, and even teens. Oh, we've had issues to deal with, and stages etc., but with discipline and consistency it's all ironed out. Each day, we've read the Word of God together, been involved in our local church etc. However, once they are "finished" highschool (we homeschool), and turn 18, that's when they seem to become rebellious. That's what has happened with 3 of them so far. Right now, our current 18 year old is dating a non-Christian. This is heartbreaking for us! And we are just unsure what to do! Any thought?

Haha. "What could we have possibly done wrong??!"

The children learned how to adapt and survive in a strict disciplinarian environment as long as they had to and then they broke free. I wonder how many of her total 9 will "rebel."

I laugh at how people seek advice from Lori. Lori probably tightly controlled who her kids associated with. Based on the stuff she posts about her son Ryan and his wife Erin. I think that something was pre-arranged there. She and Ken seem the types that would tell their kids "Don't date non-Christians."

Clearly, the disappointing "child" needs to be beaten with plumbing line. The nerve of an 18-year-old adult dating whom they wish to. :roll:

Meaning they make their own choices.

I know a principal of a private Christian high school. Her daughter and the others all went their own way when they turned 18. It isn't uncommon. I think it is the super sheltered and super controlled kids who cannot get away because they are emotionally, economically, and spirtually hobbled.

I still am agape from what he grandfather did. What a jerk! She is a human being, not a windup toy for your pleasure. GAH!

Most Christians think it is a sin, or in the very least a really bad idea to marry a non-believer. There is a verse in the New Testiment warning against being "unequally yolked," meaning don't hitch an oxen and a horse to the same plow or you won't get good results.

Oh I don't even.

I have no idea why I click on threads about Lori. She gets me more pissed off than any other fundie. Im sure she'll appreciate seeing this post about her when she's older, about her being a typical fussy two year old and being hit for it, as her grandfather egged her on so her grandmother could abuse her and record it for posterity.

I hate Lori so much. Why do people like her exist?

Archived