IGNORED

Personal sensitivities? - Who Do You Hate?

fundiefan

I have a seething, constantly bubbling disgust for the Maxwells. So much so that I know I will never give them the benefit of the doubt or anything else. I feel terribly sad for all Steve's offspring in some ways yet, most are adults and have made their choices. Knowing they don't really have choices means one thing at one time and something else at another time.

I don't generally use the word hate. Mostly, I think hate is an emotion and I don't think one can hate without emotion or experience. I generally see it as personal and don't normally think I could hate if I haven't been affected.

But, the Maxwells turn that all on its ass and I hate them. Fortunately, my hate doesn't lead to actions. I still know that my opinion is mine, no matter how strong or affecting it is. Then again, that may not be fortunate because it makes me nuts. Their existence - and making money on their BS - drives me to actual anger.

So, anyway. Am I crazy? Or, are there others that actually - like, for real - affected by anyone else? Does anyone else take these people personal on any level?

I take none personal otherwise. I think they're crazy and express my opinion...and move on. Steve Maxwell, however, really does me in and has an affect on me. Am I for some reason and in some way just personally sensitive to them? And, if so, please - shout your opinions so I can fix it!

Do I have issues others don't have?

If you were beaten as a child, I could see hate for the Maxwells. Even if you weren't beaten as a child, when there are people encouraging child abuse, even Christian child abuse, hate is acceptable. The Maxwells aren't just a couple trying to raise their kids the best way they know how, they're lecturing other people how to do it. If they are making money telling people to beat their toddlers and not let their daughters go to college, what's not to hate?

I personally try not to hate anyone...but I'll be the first to admit that some of the fundies I have come across elicit that response from me. When we came across Emma (the witch that adopted the kids from Haiti and then ditched them like yesterday's garbage) I can say that I still battle feelings of hate. There are a couple of fundie families that I have trouble hating. Who knows why a certain family or person will push our buttons. You may have trouble with the Maxwells, some with the Pissing Preacher, some others with Daddy Bot and his Robotkins. I don't think you are crazy...I just think that hate isn't a "good" emotion. Doesn't have good karma and all that and isn't good for you. That's why I come here...it helps me get it off my chest so I can get rid of the hateful feelings and move on. In other words....Free Jinger is my therapy!

I don't know whether I hate them or not. I would say that my strongest feelings of dislike are towards Steve though. It's the kids I feel sorry for, particularly the younger ones. The older ones do seem to have had a few years of normal-ish life when they were little but the younger kids have been brainwashed from day one. They have known no other life and have been brought up in a family obsessed with isolation and death.

It makes me so sad for those girls; look at Sarah, she is pushing 30 and her whole life revolves around that family and the nursing home. If she wants to marry someday is she ever likely to find anyone to marry when she is so isolated? I know they all say that they are happy and 'have fun' but do they really know what having fun is? It just seems that whatever made Steve like he is has caused him to suck out all the enjoyment in his family's life because that enjoyment might lead to worldly corruption. It's so, so sad.

I pretty much hate most of these people. But I define hate differently than most probably, or more accurately I think there are different levels of hate just as there are different levels of affection. I don't love my family in the same way I love my friends. I don't love my friends the same way I love a boyfriend or girlfriend etc. I think most people here "hate" and they think of fatal attractions, abuse, violent actions, blind meanness, a contempt without reason or logic but I don't think it's just those extremes. I use it to describe reactions of ire, anger, disdain, disgust. So yes, I hate them. I hate the mentality they perpetuate. But I don't hate them to any dangerous degree or in a way that consumes my life.

Edit: I would like to clarify that I don't wish them harm or think they're innately bad people. But I kind of hate the parents for forcing the lifestyle on the kids, especially when they grew up nonfundie so to be a fundie was a choice on their part. It's the actively joining the lifestyle thing that I hate. I can't hate any of children or young people raised that way.

I admit to disliking several religious groups as a whole but not individuals. there are people I dislike quiet a bit though that blog and we often snark on. SomeI hate so badly that it is far above dislike and I prefer never reading their blogs and we do snark on those people too. Some I find very likeable and I find myself caring very deeply for their families.

I'll admit the Maxwells disgust me - what the girls post and all, it's just disturbing. I mean if someone has to be freed it's those maxwells kids, not allowed to have fun, to socialize, to do normal things without thinking it's of the devil (I mean pepsi really?) forced in a constant state of Lent. They're hardly better than Jeovah witnesses... Since the others don't let their kids talk as much and still seem to have fun to some extent, I guess I'm less moved.

I don't really hate anyone, but the closest I come to it would be with Emma because what she did to those poor children psychologically really bothers me. Bothers me to the point that I still find myself wondering what happened to the two Haitian children and what happened with CPS.

I also go pretty deeply into loathing with the Pearls. I can't even stand to look at their materials.

And then there's the Drinking Sousewife. I do check out her page, but that's mostly because I somehow feel this need to understand what some of the non-fundie nutsos of the world believe because while I don't think they're poised to take power, I do think they're dangerous. Also, a startling number of people I come into contact with in the court system have minds that work in similar fashion to hers.

Archived