IGNORED

Seth Arndt, you have to be joking, or maybe not...

0 kids n not countin

More WTF in my opinion... :roll:

Seth Arndt:

For sitting still and behaving at my dentist appointment, I get a fresh new toothbrush.

IMG_20130109_153810.jpg

How old is he? Im going to say about 3-6 going off how its a big deal.....but hes an Arndt, so I am going to go with about 20.

I would hope it's sarcasm. Those boys do seem to have at least some sense of humor... but I don't know with how childish they are.

He just turned 21 on Christmas, it looks like.

He might be joking, but between the Arndts' stilted grasp of humor and stilted everything else, it really is hard to tell.

I would totally make that joke. My friends would totally understand the joke.

It's sad that the family is so fucked up that we cannot identify sarcasm. Sad.

A little OT, but I do some work/writing in body studies and I have seen that Half-Ton Teen show several times (have it DVR'd in case I want to reference it in a paper.) For those who have never seen it, a young man is ~800 lbs and it is clear that at least some of the problem is his mother, who seems determined to keep him dependent on her forever (in one scene, as her son is being taken to the hospital via ambulance for inpatient weight loss program, followed by surgeries, she says something along the lines of "I thought we'd always live this way.") In any case, in a follow up show, the son, now 20, is the guest of honor at a ribbon cutting ceremony. On the way home, my hand to God (or deity of choice), he says, "You promised if I was a good boy" he could get two movies or games or something. She squabbles that it was ONE game, not two. All that to say, it is entirely, sadly possible that Seth believes he got his reward for being a good boy and sitting still.

tl;dr - being this f'ed up has been known to happen.

He's joking.

The thing is, most of the guys seem to have a good sense of humor. A few even have a decently developed sense of irony.

More reasons why this family makes no fucking sense whatsoever. I don't get it and I hate not getting it!

Hmm, but most of their - what some would call jokes revolve around stuffed penguins....

Yes, the penguins are a very important part of their lives.

But the manboys aren't quite as oblivious to typical American culture as you might imagine (I'm an insomniac and confess to watching famteam videos to help me fall asleep some nights) probably because they watch major league and college baseball and football on TV and interact with normal people for work.

If one of the older ones decided to finally break away, I believe he'd have far less difficulty adjusting to a normal life than Josh Duggar has. Which of course begs the question - why hasn't one of them actually done it?

I remain stymied.

I know this is the same guy who got to pick between two G-rated movies as a 21st birthday treat (although, you guys, I read it as Daddy Arndt letting him have his choice of movie as a birthday treat and Seth narrowed it down and chose between those two), but I have to think this is a joke. Just so there is some hope for them.

I know this is the same guy who got to pick between two G-rated movies as a 21st birthday treat (although, you guys, I read it as Daddy Arndt letting him have his choice of movie as a birthday treat and Seth narrowed it down and chose between those two), but I have to think this is a joke. Just so there is some hope for them.

My guess is that Seth was given the choice between "Up" or "Toy Story" or once again watching some old Christmas film from the 1940's. Wizzy and the younger boys seem to be very restricted with regard to what they are allowed to watch. They've mentioned Toy Story several times over the past few years, so his choice of "Up" was probably a rational one.

I sometimes wonder if the boys are actually sending up smoke signals when they post about stuff like this. Smoke signals their dumbass father is bound to miss.

Edited to add that maybe I'm wrong about Seth:

IMG_20130109_214220.jpg

We’ve started up with daring Lego-guy rescues recently. Here we have Obi-Wan with a magnet taped to his head, a rescue chopper with another magnet on a string, and Kevin, the bystander.

:lol: I find the lego rescue thing quite funny. I've played lego with my sister fairly recently, but it was a finding childhood lego in parents house whilst slightly drunk situation. Not whiling away hours between bible study sessions.

My guess is that Seth was given the choice between "Up" or "Toy Story" or once again watching some old Christmas film from the 1940's. Wizzy and the younger boys seem to be very restricted with regard to what they are allowed to watch. They've mentioned Toy Story several times over the past few years, so his choice of "Up" was probably a rational one.

I sometimes wonder if the boys are actually sending up smoke signals when they post about stuff like this. Smoke signals their dumbass father is bound to miss.

Edited to add that maybe I'm wrong about Seth:

IMG_20130109_214220.jpg

We’ve started up with daring Lego-guy rescues recently. Here we have Obi-Wan with a magnet taped to his head, a rescue chopper with another magnet on a string, and Kevin, the bystander.

My sons do stuff like that with their Lego and film it on their iPods. They are seven and five.

That said, my partner has been known to get into long and complex Lego games with them, and when I used to have to build sets for them when they were younger I sometimes quite enjoyed it- Lego is pretty damn cool.

I dunno... I think the presence of "Kevin, the bystander," which is clearly not a Lego piece, is indicative of a quirky sense of humor. And the magnet on the head is kind of funny, too. To me, the oddest thing about their playing with toys is that they are always TALKING about playing with toys, as if they have no idea that it's unusual. Their isolation, nonexistent love lives, and whacked ideas about women and sex are way more disturbing to me.

I dunno... I think the presence of "Kevin, the bystander," which is clearly not a Lego piece, is indicative of a quirky sense of humor. And the magnet on the head is kind of funny, too. To me, the oddest thing about their playing with toys is that they are always TALKING about playing with toys, as if they have no idea that it's unusual. Their isolation, nonexistent love lives, and whacked ideas about women and sex are way more disturbing to me.

This. I thought the bystander Kevin part was kind of funny.

It looks Ike they aren't totally out of the pop culture loop if they know who Obi-Wan is.

Like JenniferJuniper, these folks confound me too. I don't think they are fundie (more fundie lite) but very very strange and wayyyyy too close. I think the blog entries of waiting for the right Godly woman are more a beard for being 30, sexually frustrated and living in a family cult where mommy can't let them go.

Their obsession with childish things like toys, stuffed animals and cartoons stems from mom's obsession with children. That's why she had so many of them. She doesn't want them to grow up and doesn't encourage adult behavior or discourage childish behavior either.

Seth Arndt is a 21 year old man who has never talked to a girl, gone to school or worked at a job. Like many of his 21+ year old brothers, he doesn't own a car either. Their futures are so screwed it not even funny. The amazing thing is that because of Rick's narcissistic desire for attention we all get a front row seat to enjoy the show. :dance:

Archived