IGNORED

Amber is in labour :)

Guest Bekah

Guest Anonymous

Her water broke a few hours ago. They`re planning a homebirth with their midwives. I`m sending positive thoughts for an easy birth and recovery :)

Amber said they`ll be keeping people posted via the Homemaker By Choice FB page, in case anyone else wants to follow.

This is exciting. Go Amber go! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Remind me who Amber is againas I tend to forget without hints. My brain is taking a vaca this summer as well. ;) Best of wishes to her anyway.

Yeah, who's Amber? And why does the cheerleader emoticon appear to be on Speed?

homemaker-by-choice.com/

Amber is the sweet gal who, though not from a SAHD family wanted ever-so-much to be a homemaker as a career and found Prince Charming in Norway via a Christian "site" (not a dating site as that would just be weird!). I know her less from her blog and more from those videos she posts to YouTube about how to be a good wife. I'll also admit that her voice to me is like nails on a chalkboard...

But, I wish her all the best with her birth and will be praying for baby, mom, and dad!!!

Guest Anonymous

I usually have a really hard time getting through her videos because the cutesy banter makes my eyes roll uncontrollably, and they get off track so often I get bored to bits, BUT she actually posted one the other day that she must have done while Ruben was @ work because it was just her, and it was suuuuuuch an improvement. She got right to the point(s) she was making without flirting or giggling or getting teased. I really liked it!

They really are a sweet couple, I think they really do love each other and this baby is going to be adored. It's also promising that she seems to be going the crunchy/AP route rather than the crazy Pearls stuff, although only time will tell I guess.

Anyway, apparently she's having some cramping but not much in the way of contractions. But, her last update was about 4 hours ago, so who knows by now :)

I bet it's a girl. That may just be because I like the name Anja though.

So are about a million other women in the world. I'm so sick and tired of "mommy bloggers" thinking that everything related to their fecundity is so 'effin interesting. Big deal.

I hope it goes ok for her. I don't know why I'm nervous for her, maybe just because I had a baby a few months ago and I still remember it =)

So are about a million other women in the world. I'm so sick and tired of "mommy bloggers" thinking that everything related to their fecundity is so 'effin interesting. Big deal.

...which reminds me of a song!

(One of the women I know got so obnoxious when she got pregnant I had to hide her on facebook to spare my sanity.)

homemaker-by-choice.com/

Amber is the sweet gal who, though not from a SAHD family wanted ever-so-much to be a homemaker as a career and found Prince Charming in Norway via a Christian "site" (not a dating site as that would just be weird!). I know her less from her blog and more from those videos she posts to YouTube about how to be a good wife. I'll also admit that her voice to me is like nails on a chalkboard...

But, I wish her all the best with her birth and will be praying for baby, mom, and dad!!!

I think she was in college when her parents found the SAHD/homeschooling/no college for women stuff and talked her into coming home.

I think she was in college when her parents found the SAHD/homeschooling/no college for women stuff and talked her into coming home.

Hm, I thought it was her who wanted desperately to come home from college. Maybe I am confusing Amber with some of Lina's personality.

I can almost never get through an entire vid of hers...did she mention the terrorist attacks at all? Her husband wrote a nutty defense of how the shooter was not really a fundie, but other than that they didn't say much. I find that really odd.

Is she the one with the dispropotionately huge mouth who had that video where she was giggling like crazy because her husband suggested doing a post about dinosaurzzzzlols?

Yes, and has she mentioned how much she hates the movie Jurassic Park? I read through her "about me" section and she admits without going into detail that she was expelled from the second college she attended. She seems nice although not particularly bright or focused.

She seems to have done a lot of organizing and preparing the labor and birth, so I hope it goes the way she wants it to. I'm always nervous about these very young women who marry without any skills or options to support themselves, just in case... In one of the recent videos she says she'll learn to speak Norwegian along with the child, so she's living in a country where she doesn't speak the language, (although I'm sure English is widely spoken.) She seems quite isolated to me.

Except that the child is going to speak whatever Amber speaks all the time first. I hope she learns some Norwegian soon, because that would have to be super difficult.

Guest Anonymous

It was a girl! Anja Mae Ravatzas... Ravaztas.... something something.

I'm glad that it seems to have gone well. Hopefully Amber will get some visitors now, and won't be quite so lonely.

It was a girl! Anja Mae Ravatzas... Ravaztas.... something something.

I'm glad that it seems to have gone well. Hopefully Amber will get some visitors now, and won't be quite so lonely.

I thought Amber had posted that they were moving back to the USA. If that happens, hopefully she won't be so isolated. And hopefully Ruben will be able to adjust to life over here.

I kind of hope they do go back to the U.S. for her sake. It's hard enough to live in a country where you don't know the language and your religion/level of religiosity makes you a minority. If her children grew up there and had to go to public schools, they would be culturally Norwegian in a lot of ways. It seems like that would contribute to her isolation.

Is homeschooling legal in Norway? I can't imagine fundies putting up with the heathen school system if not...

In her latest Q&A youtube video's they never answered the questions about if they were moving back to the states (I know the question was asked since I read through the comments when she asked for questions on her blog). They also avoided some of the other questions that were posted on the blog.

Homeschooling is legal in Norway.

Archived