IGNORED

Martin Shkreli thinks HIV drug was 'woefully underpriced'

47of74

Pharma bro and all around complete douche cannon Martin Shkreli thinks people weren't paying enough for a life saving drug.

theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/28/martin-shkreli-daraprim-hiv-drug-price-hike-interview

He has since embraced his image as a public villain, while forcefully defending his decision to hike the price of Daraprim – despite initially saying he would lower it. In his interview with the FT, he remained unrepentant.

“To me the drug was woefully underpriced,” he said. “It is not a question of ‘Is this fair?’ or ‘What did you pay for it?’ or ‘When was it invented?’ It should be more expensive in many ways.”

Shkreli said he was merely fulfilling an obligation to his shareholders.

“My whole life has been one theme, of self-sacrifice for my investors,” he said. “I did it for my shareholders’ benefit because that’s my job. The political risk is being shamed, and shame isn’t dilutive to earnings per share.”

Hey Martin, fuck you.  In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

It's absolutely messed up but maybe it will spur some discussion about why we need better laws to make health care affordable and keep it that way. I doubt it'll happen, but it's nice to dream...

54 minutes ago, December said:

It's absolutely messed up but maybe it will spur some discussion about why we need better laws to make health care affordable and keep it that way. I doubt it'll happen, but it's nice to dream...

That would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.  With all the teabagging morons out there I doubt anything will get through to them.

He probably thinks it's all their fault anyway, shooting up dope and having teh ghey secks and all.

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

He probably thinks it's all their fault anyway, shooting up dope and having teh ghey secks and all.

I actually don't know if he thinks that, but I doubt it. I think he's just a greedy, money hungry, psychopathic hedge fund manager. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I actually don't know if he thinks that, but I doubt it. I think he's just a greedy, money hungry, psychopathic hedge fund manager. 

I always got the impression that he was more of a sociopath than a reich wing conservative, that he probably is too wrapped up in himself to care about teh gays or unmarried wimmmen having teh sex, or illicit substances. 

That asshole's face is being used in Yes on Prop 61 commercials in California which will restrict price gouging, with the line, "he's going to hate it."

Archived