Okay, so it's not really a poem. But here is a list of everything that sucks right now. No particular order of importance.
- Five children died in a fire and people are terrible in the comments
- The largest statewide newspaper was sold to a Republican politician who just might be running for office in 2018. Everyone is terrible in the comments.
- Wildfires are not uncommon but they definitely are much worse because of human activity and policy.
- Hurricanes. I'm not linking. You already know.
- Mexico's earthquake & Trump's response. Why does he hate mexicans so much?
- Pizza Hut. It's disgusting and no one should ever eat there. Also they treat their employees terribly.
- The Bears lost. Again.
- I've gained weight. Do not tell me that it's OK. It's not OK. I need to get my butt in gear with some tough talk right now, not acceptance. I do not accept this.
- I don't know what I'm doing at my job. I have so many tasks and I'm completely overwhelmed with personal shit and work tasks and I feel horrid all the time (probably because of weight gain) and with my family situation and crippling loneliness from not being around, working out with people, and now I can't because I am too far out of shape to just hop back in to swim and spin.
- I really don't know what I'm doing at work. I can't seem to break it down to manageable tasks and instead spent the morning being depressed about the state of the union and world and possibly universe. I'm sad that this guy is dying. I remember when he was launched and thinking that I would never see any of his images.
Things that are OK.
- These cats are alive and still catting it up in a beautiful house and entertaining guests.
- I have a shiny new phone - Note 8; it's awesome.