Jump to content

Buffy's Commentary

  • entries
    275
  • comments
    1,403
  • views
    49,622

How bad does life suck when I dread Friday...


HerNameIsBuffy

1,166 views

 Share

image.jpeg

This doesn't just apply to romantic partners or family.

and once you realize you've lost those things....get them back.

Tomorrow.  Whatever happens else happens I'm reclaiming who I am.  With some of this...

image.jpeg

and a little of this....

image.jpeg

I'm not proud that I've allowed myself to be broken, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stay that way.

(none of the cryptic whingijng is referring to the extremely supportive!r. Buffy, either of the young Messers Buffy, or mini-Buffy.  Or the four legged cadre of buffettes.)

 

  • Upvote 7
 Share

10 Comments


Recommended Comments

MarblesMom

Posted

Amen!  People who poke you down in a hole, making you question your worth and intelligence... well, they have a special place.

Tomorrow is another day, and then it is the WEEKEND  :)

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Posted

Best of luck for tomorrow!

I may put your goldfish meme as my wallpaper for awhile. It's stupid, but I keep panicking at the prospect of 10 (ish) weeks of summer vacation with just me and the kids together day after day after day. I haven't scheduled any of the swimming lessons, dance classes, or whatever that I kept saying all school year, "Maybe you can do that during summer vacation." I feel silly to be so scared of change. It just sucks to not have any time that I can depend on someone else taking charge of the kids for a few hours. A few random hours on the weekend just doesn't measure up to a predictable school schedule. 

Anyway, that's what's giving me a borderline panic attack. I really hope your reclaiming of your identity goes well tomorrow. Show 'em a really scary shark fin!

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Karma

Posted

10ish weeks of school holidays in one go? Definitely worthy of a major panic I reckon.  I thought six was bad! 

Buffy, good luck with getting sorted whatever needs sorting, be brave like that great goldfish!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
crazydaffodil

Posted

Fuck This Shit is a great motto to live by!

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Grimalkin

Posted

12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Best of luck for tomorrow!

I may put your goldfish meme as my wallpaper for awhile. It's stupid, but I keep panicking at the prospect of 10 (ish) weeks of summer vacation with just me and the kids together day after day after day. I haven't scheduled any of the swimming lessons, dance classes, or whatever that I kept saying all school year, "Maybe you can do that during summer vacation." I feel silly to be so scared of change. It just sucks to not have any time that I can depend on someone else taking charge of the kids for a few hours. A few random hours on the weekend just doesn't measure up to a predictable school schedule. 

Anyway, that's what's giving me a borderline panic attack. I really hope your reclaiming of your identity goes well tomorrow. Show 'em a really scary shark fin!

     I don't remember, or perhaps I never knew, how old are your kiddos? 

Today is the first day of break and I am in the same boat. Going to the community pool in a bit.

Buffy, keep us posted!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Destiny

Posted

B, remember they are the problem and not you. You are awesome and I love you! <3

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
HerNameIsBuffy

Posted

Still standing...thanks for the love!  I'm okay...better than I've been in a very long time, actually.

Dignity and self-respect reclaimed and they look damn good on me, if I do say so myself. :) 

 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Posted

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

     I don't remember, or perhaps I never knew, how old are your kiddos? 

Today is the first day of break and I am in the same boat. Going to the community pool in a bit.

Buffy, keep us posted!

5 and 7. I feel a bit less panicky today, but I'm still a disorganized mess. :pb_rollseyes: Sometimes it seems like parenting magnifies all my flaws. It's good to remember that most parents in the US are in the same position as far as filling in their summer break. :pb_smile:

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Still standing...thanks for the love!  I'm okay...better than I've been in a very long time, actually.

Dignity and self-respect reclaimed and they look damn good on me, if I do say so myself. :) 

Yay! I'm glad for you. :my_heart: (Sorry I vented all over your blog. Next time I'll try to make it to Venting and Complaining in time. :my_smile: )

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
HerNameIsBuffy

Posted

4 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

5 and 7. I feel a bit less panicky today, but I'm still a disorganized mess. :pb_rollseyes: Sometimes it seems like parenting magnifies all my flaws. It's good to remember that most parents in the US are in the same position as far as filling in their summer break. :pb_smile:

Yay! I'm glad for you. :my_heart: (Sorry I vented all over your blog. Next time I'll try to make it to Venting and Complaining in time. :my_smile: )

Don't be silly - vent away!  And I totally know how you feel - it's daunting when they are that age.  Too young to be unsupervised, too old to be entertained by a game of peekaboo and a nap.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Posted

Thanks! I wasn't too worried that you'd mind.

All those things my teachers said over the years about not using my time wisely turned out to be true. It's so annoying when that happens! 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Status Updates

    • livinginthelight

      livinginthelight

      So..my son is getting married at the beginning of March and I tried on dresses today. I need to lose weight. I'm about 60-70 pounds overweight and I absolutely have to. I'm not one to post statuses but I'm doing everything I can to hold myself accountable. I'm sitting here wanting to stuff my face and I know this isn't the answer. I can do this. I will be okay. I'm going to make myself check in regularly. Whether or not anyone sees this, I am going to be posting.
      · 2 replies
    • PennySycamore

      PennySycamore

      Is anyone here from Moore County, NC?  I hope they catch the domestic terrorists that shot up the power substations.  All to stop a drag show!  Throw the fuckers in jail.
      · 1 reply
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      Today, I dusted everything but the ceiling fans.  Sorry Maxwells!
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      · 2 replies
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      What do people do in the Sonoran desert? I've hiked the hikes I wanted to do. Seems like all that is left is golf, shopping at chains that exist everywhere, and stuff I've done. Oh and eating. I can only eat so many times a day. It's too cold to rent a paddleboard or swim. 
      · 7 replies
    • KnittingOwl

      KnittingOwl

      First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 3 replies
  • Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.