AKA Beyond Jordan
- I’ve gotta say, the aerial shots are enjoyable.
- PP says the goal of the trip is to visit as many biblical sites as possible. I do not believe that showcasing the holy land was ever the only goal of the film from the very beginning based on what I already know. Like the #FreePalestine he attached to the description of the film on Youtube.
- PP isn’t even 100% sure the Israeli govt will let him in.
- Watching PP and Roger Jimenez joke about all of the countries PP has been banned from is eye roll worthy. It’s not really something to be proud of.
- Airplane shots are pure filler. We get a shot of a random Jewish guy donning tefillin on the plane.
- They let PP in. It’s almost as if he’s not as important and (in)famous as he thinks he is. 🙄
- The generic ~eastern~ music is predictably here to remind us we’re in the Middle East.
- PP washes his face with water from the Jordan river. He says it’s kind of salty.
- Listening to Jimenez preach at Herod’s fortress is such a snooze fest.
- We see the Dead Sea and a member of PP’s entourage points out how there is all this salt on the shore, but the first thing I see is litter. PP dives in headfirst and gets salt in his eyes. They all then proceed to float in the Dead Sea like you’re supposed to, and it’s supposedly one of the weirdest things EVER. 🙄
- They go to the Church of the Nativity and PP manages to avoid making an ass of himself on camera. We get to hear the tour guide sing the Lord’s Prayer in Aramaic which his kinda neat.
- PP gives Bethlehem’s water a rave review.
- PP moans about all of the idolatry in Bethlehem and the “false religion.”
- I start passing skipping the mini sermons that come with each site around this point.
- At Petra PP talks about why he was hesitant to visit the holy land before now; He doesn’t support the “modern, fake state of Israel.” Blah, blah, blah. Then he goes into how all of the sites they’ve visited so far aren’t even in Israel. He makes it a point to tell the viewers that at this point, they haven't even gone to Israel and everything we’ve seen so far has been in Jordan or Palestine.
- They hit the rewind button to show us how this trip REALLY went. They arrived in Amman, Jordan and crossed into the West Bank.
I paused at this point because I'm tired and can only watch the Pisser for so long. The film is almost 2 hrs long. I can tell the focus is probably shifting from "look at all of these cool holy sites" to PP whinging about Israel real soon.
When you have an anxious client do not say, "I didn't say that."
Multiple times now. Bad customer service... This lady is out of touch with my current reality.
I was going to attempt to navigate straight around her but alas, manager is doing a mountain to coast run.
Damn. If I can't get out of here then problem solve! Find strong people to move the toilet out of my functioning shower and I will be able to use it! 🙄