IGNORED

Jill Duggar is Now a Lay Midwife

roddma

Maybe the picture was taken at a later in the day follow up? I wish Jana and Jill were going for the minimum of an LPN to go with their midwife certification...that being said. I'm glad they are doing something productive with their time...not just staying home drudging about and waiting for THE ONE to show up. Not all of their clients are Gothardites (thankfully)...does them some good to be exposed folks not exactly like themselves.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first thought as well. When catching a baby, or a placenta, or stitching up a perineal tear, the last thing you want to be doing is shoving your hair out of your eyes. Ew ew ew ew.

I wonder these parents all sign releases so that the MW and the girls can put these photos all over the internets?

I would find it so odd and unprofessional if my nurse/OB/midwife asked if she could post pics and info of my new baby on the internets. So weird.

I would find it so odd and unprofessional if my nurse/OB/midwife asked if she could post pics and info of my new baby on the internets. So weird.

My OB had a wall of photos of kids and parents, we refused to submit a picture, this was before people were posting their whole lives on the net and camera's still used film.

My first thought as well. When catching a baby, or a placenta, or stitching up a perineal tear, the last thing you want to be doing is shoving your hair out of your eyes. Ew ew ew ew.

That's pretty unbelievable. The Duggar girls all have really long hair, too.

It doesnt seem odd to me, the midwives coop my midwife (for my birth in the early eighties, not my kids births) was part of had a wall of pictures of the babies they had delivered. My baby pic was still up there about ten years ago, surrounded by hundreds more. The Internet is the new place to do a similar thing.

I do hope the parents are asked and given every chance to opt out though, especially as those pics are being used as ATI propaganda.

That baby is young, but not brand new. It's been dressed to go outside, and its lips aren't super red and eyes bruised looking. You know that look? It must be the followup visit.

I'm in favor of those girls getting out of the house and living lives, but not at the expense of other people's actual lives and health.

I do think that Jana looks pretty.

I hope they tie their hair back for the actual delivery. I have to have mine tied back for work in a chemistry lab. Its a safety issue. My friend in vet school has to tie hers back too for the same reason.

I'm on my oven so I can't see the pic that great, but I agree that it doesn't look like a shortly-after-birth photo... She's in a little winter suit and everything. Such a cutie!

I really don't know much about midwifery or home birth - I had my son at a hospital, via c-section (breech) and I was totally fine with that. I wasn't interested in birthing at home or in a pool or any of that and I was all for whatever monitoring made it safer ~ however, some women DO want to have their babies at home, without all the hospital stuff and I guess that's their right... I *personally* wouldn't do it, but I won't say someone else can't.

I have to admit that I laughed my ass off at that picture. In that picture, the one on the left (I'm not sure if it's Jill or Jana) looks a lot like an actress I remember best from an episode of Law and Order: SVU. She played the pregnant teen daughter of a fundie dad (who had kicked his older daughter out of house for getting pregnant as a teen but still insisted on abstinence only sex ed for his younger daughter) who traveled to New York with her boyfriend to get an abortion. They ended up being tricked by a pro-life doctor who was posing his practice as an abortion clinic, then finding excuses to delay women's abortions (claiming they had a fever when they didn't) until the pregnancy was past the point for an elective abortion. In desperation, she and her boyfriend ended up pounding on her stomach until she lost the baby (and had to be hospitalized for her own internal injuries)

I just find it ironic, is all.

I have to admit that I laughed my ass off at that picture. In that picture, the one on the left (I'm not sure if it's Jill or Jana) looks a lot like an actress I remember best from an episode of Law and Order: SVU. She played the pregnant teen daughter of a fundie dad (who had kicked his older daughter out of house for getting pregnant as a teen but still insisted on abstinence only sex ed for his younger daughter) who traveled to New York with her boyfriend to get an abortion. They ended up being tricked by a pro-life doctor who was posing his practice as an abortion clinic, then finding excuses to delay women's abortions (claiming they had a fever when they didn't) until the pregnancy was past the point for an elective abortion. In desperation, she and her boyfriend ended up pounding on her stomach until she lost the baby (and had to be hospitalized for her own internal injuries)

I just find it ironic, is all.

Jana is stage left. Jill looks kind of off in that picture. Her smile looks forced and awkward in this picture. Jana has the keep sweet smile down. I wonder if thats taught at the JTTH.

I remember seeing another picture of Jill right after a birth, and she was wearing a plastic cap of some sort, and perhaps a scrubs-type top IIRC.

It is a state law in Arizona and Utah that if you are having a home birth there has to at least two Midwives or assistants in attendance. One has to be a licensed Midwife. Starting tomorrow, Arizona will have stricter laws regarding home births and non medical midwives. One good thing about the law is that insurance will now have to pay for licensed birthing centers births.

I don't see Jill ever getting her license to be a midwife, it takes too much time and studying to pass the test. If she does that means no more TCL trips.

something i don't get

is it just her and jana attending these deliveries? is there a more experienced person there with them? how much do the duggar girls actually do?

I believe Jill is still practicing under a licensed midwife who should be there the whole time.

Yeah she is an apprentice.

I was just at the college plus website and it says:

Jill wants to be a nurse, so her CollegePlus degree consultant created a personalized degree track for Jill to efficiently complete her general education and prerequisite courses. Jill’s CollegePlus degree consultant also designed a plan for her to take on-site classes and labs at a local accredited college, which is required to become a nurse. Jill’s CollegePlus coach is providing academic guidance, support, and motivation to stay on track with her degree and life goals.

All told, CollegePlus will help Jill earn her degree a year faster than most nursing students and save her about $20,000 in tuition, without sacrificing quality or forgoing the skills needed to be a well-trained nurse.

To learn more about CollegePlus, complete the form above to receive a detailed info packet.

I don't know if that's old or if she plans on eventually becoming a nurse midwife.

(It also says Smuggar is planning on getting a LAW DEGREE :lol: by first getting his Bachelors in Political Science from collegeplus)

Folks the search function is your friend. No need to reinvent the wheel there is a copious thread about the quality of the MW education, that Jill is receiving. It has input from real midwives who are FJ.

The same is true with College Minus.

Archived