IGNORED

Poor Sarah, the "grunt" worker...

Guest purposing

it would be so interesting to have psychiatrist examine that family. you could possibly fill books about them.

I don't think you're supposed to curl up with a Maxwell book. Maxwell books are supposed to get you running around the house, polishing cupboard doors, making huge batches of unappetizing-looking burritos and organizing your life down to the last minute, all for the glory of God.

So true. What WAS I thinking?? :o

Get your chore pack on...

I swear that sounds like a dirty euphemism for SOMETHING.

Here's something I don't get about the Maxwells.

On their new About page, Steve and Teri call themselves grandparents to four and call Nathan and Melanie the parents of three. What about Susannah? I mean, fundies generally refer to all their fetuses as if they are born babies and yet Susannah was born and lived, but is not referred to. I guess this just goes to show that fundies couldn't care less about babies once they're born...

Although maybe I'm being too harsh and they don't want to bring Susannah up because it's hard for them, which I understand. But I would have thought for sure the Maxwell's would emphasize every arrow in their quiver.

I don't mind the new design. It looks more professional, like a business website. The old website had a more "homemade" appeal. I don't think one is better than the other, just a different direction for them to take.

Sarah looks so nice with the baby but it's a sad reminder that she will probably never marry and have kids. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I, too, was surprised that Joseph was married at a "relatively" young age, however, Nathan was also married at a relatively young age. Christopher's late marriage may be an anomaly. I really wish Sarah will be next but she will be hard pressed to find a suitable fundie family as strict as her's AND someone close to her age. I wonder at what point Steve will realize Sarah's unmarried state is a liability to the family business....then what will happen? Will Steve become proactive in finding Sarah a husband?

I think that possibly one of the problems with finding am suitable husband for Sarah and other fundie girls in their thirties is the decreasing likeliness of finding a "sexually pure" man in their age bracket.

Even if a man in his thirties has remained a virgin for marriage, with every year that goes by he is going to have looked at more women in lust and probably masturbated. Of course the women do to, but that as their sexuality is just totally denied it is easier for the fathers not to think of.

It's like their daughters become more and more pure as the years go by and they live as virgins in their father's homes, but the men become more and more suspect each year that they go without the only acceptable outlet for their sexuality. Add to that that fundies seem to think that men cannot control their lust if they see Michelle Duggars knees, and the fathers must be looking at these bachelors in their thirties with some suspicion.

Is anyone besides me having trouble seeing the photos in the oldest posts? I've tried two different device with the same result- that box/placeholder for a photo. Could it be that (horrors) the Maxwells prepared a flawed website, or is it the more likely case of it being my computer/iPhone?

I swear that sounds like a dirty euphemism for SOMETHING.

It was a song cue for me, that quickly turned to a parody.

With apologies to Corinne Bailey Rae:

Three little birds shat on my window.

And they told me I do need to hurry.

Summer came like vinegar,

Not sweet,

Little girls need to go scrub the concrete.

I think sometimes, we've got it wrong, but I dare not,

The more I long for change, the more things stay the same

Stuck in this life I hate.

Girl, put your chore pack on, don't you dare hum a song

You'd better not let your dad down

You'll never dress in jeans, you just forget your dreams,

You'd better not let your dad down.

You'll never find yourself nowhere, no how.

:(

Guest Anonymous
Here's something I don't get about the Maxwells.

On their new About page, Steve and Teri call themselves grandparents to four and call Nathan and Melanie the parents of three. What about Susannah? I mean, fundies generally refer to all their fetuses as if they are born babies and yet Susannah was born and lived, but is not referred to. I guess this just goes to show that fundies couldn't care less about babies once they're born...

Although maybe I'm being too harsh and they don't want to bring Susannah up because it's hard for them, which I understand. But I would have thought for sure the Maxwell's would emphasize every arrow in their quiver.

I think that the whole "Mama to Ezekiel, 4, Tamar, 3 and 4 babies gone to be with Jesus" phenomenon is a fairly recent fundie development, which has spread via usage in the blogging and online communities. Steve has created his own religion and remains relatively isolated from other people's views. He spreads his own ideas, rather than gleaning them from others. The blog often mentions Susannah (remember Mary gave thanks for her life last Thanksgiving Day) but I think the family tend towards concrete thinking and as Susannah is no longer physically with them, they do not treat her as an earthly grand-child.

I think that the whole "Mama to Ezekiel, 4, Tamar, 3 and 4 babies gone to be with Jesus" phenomenon is a fairly recent fundie development, which has spread via usage in the blogging and online communities. Steve has created his own religion and remains relatively isolated from other people's views. He spreads his own ideas, rather than gleaning them from others. The blog often mentions Susannah (remember Mary gave thanks for her life last Thanksgiving Day) but I think the family tend towards concrete thinking and as Susannah is no longer physically with them, they do not treat her as an earthly grand-child.

Which means that in at least one regard the Maxwells are more sensible than most other fundies - GASP, SHOCKER.

Actually, including Susannah would make some sense to me, since she was born and lived for a short while - it's more the phenomenon where people (aka J'Chelle) will practically call it an Angel Baby whenever they menstruate that's annoying.

it would be so interesting to have psychiatrist examine that family. you could possibly fill books about them.

Isn't that the truth.

Isn't that the truth.

And the books about them could also be called "The Moody books."

Dear Sarah: Out here in the real business world, what you do is called not grunt work but QA--Quality Assurance. It's a big part of the work I do as a tech writer, and I get paid a decent living wage for it.

QFT!!

The new design seems to be so plain and boring. Don't know how this could have possibly taken several weeks. But then.. I don't know anything about website construction.

I didn't expect much in the way of the Maxwells. They are boring. There is no way I would hire ItonRamp to redesign my website. Not if they have to bring in outside help. I thought they taught website design?

I did notice they did attempt to broaden their appeal with their new design. There is a picture of a family that is not white on the front page of the Titus website. Not on the blog part. I didn't notice pictures like that on the their old site. I thought that they just used pictures of themselves.

Okay back to the topic:

Did Sarah call herself a grunt and under play her part because to do otherwise would be too prideful?

I'm sorry, but the new design is just plain "cold". No heart, no warmth, no "come and linger", just the cold, hard facts. I'm not sure how this will appeal to SAHMs. It does not make me want to buy a Maxwell book to curl up on the sofa with.

This. I liked the old design of the site better,

Guest Anonymous

I did notice they did attempt to broaden their appeal with their new design. There is a picture of a family that is not white on the front page of the Titus website. Not on the blog part. I didn't notice pictures like that on the their old site. I thought that they just used pictures of themselves.

I thought that photo was really odd - it looks like the sort of stock photo that is made available to people who buy an 'all in one' website package. They have a houseful of photography equipment and a photographer across the street. They could have taken pro photos of families at their conferences in order to get the same diversity on the website.

The Independence Day blog entry is priceless. Summary:

Paragraph 1: soldiers give their blood to protect our freedom!

Paragraph 2: Jesus Christ gave His blood to protect my soul!

Paragraph 3: We got the a/c running and the sheetrock hung!

And the about us page, sheesh. Both Teri and Steve have eight children, but only in Teri's blurb is it noted that two are married. I love the shoutout to her parents; defending against previous accusations of ignoring them, maybe? And even though both of them have books linked to, only Teri has to 'squeeze in' her writing time. (Sarah's is also similarly denigrated as being done in her spare time.)

Nathan's debt-free home is an excuse to pimp the book. :roll:

And the blurbs of all married or engaged sons specify that they went through a courtship and engagement. As opposed to, say, the drunken one-night stands that eventually lead to a whirlwind trip to the drive-through chapel in Vegas, which characterizes everyone else's journey to marriage.

And the blurbs of all married or engaged sons specify that they went through a courtship and engagement. As opposed to, say, the drunken one-night stands that eventually lead to a whirlwind trip to the drive-through chapel in Vegas, which characterizes everyone else's journey to marriage.

Isn't that just the TRUTH!!! :lol:

Archived