IGNORED

Poor Sarah, the "grunt" worker...

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

The new Maxwell blog post thanks and praises those who contributed to the Titus2 website.... Joseph was lauded for doing his bit while busy remodelling his house and visiting Elizabeth-the-courtee; young Jesse was hailed as Project Manager... and Sarah offers thanks for being allowed to be the "grunt" worker, offering a little help wherever needed.

Poor girl has given up and given in completely this time. :cry:

UH-OH. THE COURTIN' KIDS ARE ALMOST TOUCHING IN THIS PIC!

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/03/titus2-redesign-is-live/dsc_1328-2/

That aside, I do feel sorry for Poor Sarah. I think she's definitely started to realize she won't be living the fundie dream anytime soon.

How did Joseph get to leave so "young"???

Being the next male in line - in a family increasingly desperate to prove they are qualified to talk about the benefits of courtship - helps.

Could it be that Sarah may suffer from depression like her mom? Her smile never reaches her eyes. I know living her life would be depressing in and of itself, but maybe there is more to her being single than just Steve keeping her that way. Maybe they see that the possibility of her having a boat load of children might not be healthy for all involved.

Guest Anonymous
Could it be that Sarah may suffer from depression like her mom? Her smile never reaches her eyes. I know living her life would be depressing in and of itself, but maybe there is more to her being single than just Steve keeping her that way. Maybe they see that the possibility of her having a boat load of children might not be healthy for all involved.

Er... except that when Teri suffered from severe depression earlier on in her marriage, Steve heard from God that having a boatload of children was precisely the remedy she needed. And they published a book about Teri's Sweet Journey only last year, so they probs haven't changed their mindset on that one, just yet.

Liz, you are Dave’s wonderful helpmeet, and thank you for your support during the project.

:roll:

Shit, I never thought they used the term helpmeet in everyday language.

I feel so sorry for Sarah. I would hope at some point, she (and other unmarried women in or near their 30's) would wake up and realize that daddy isn't going to find that prized husband.

Maybe Dave has a brother for Sarah? Or perhaps his "helpmeet" Liz has an available brother?

Yeah, I know, Steve's never going to let her go. But I can't help speculating about possible matches for Sarah any time I see them interacting with someone outside of the family.

I couldn't help myself...I kept reading.

Hearing the nurses come through and say, “Happy Birthday, Christina†was such a joyful thing. It was a frequent reminder that her birthday was indeed in June.
Um, I don't get how nurses saying Happy Birthday to a newborn kept reminding them that she had been born in June (as they had prayed would happen, for some reason), but I guess I don't have a fundy mind...I mean, it WAS June, so I'm not sure why they needed frequent reminders, unless they assumed that God was sending all these nurses to remind them that he had chosen them for special attention and made sure THEIR baby was born in June, just as they had demanded requested. :roll:

I couldn't help myself...I kept reading.

Um, I don't get how nurses saying Happy Birthday to a newborn kept reminding them that she had been born in June (as they had prayed would happen, for some reason), but I guess I don't have a fundy mind...I mean, it WAS June, so I'm not sure why they needed frequent reminders, unless they assumed that God was sending all these nurses to remind them that he had chosen them for special attention and made sure THEIR baby was born in June, just as they had demanded requested. :roll:

Yeah, that was very poorly written, like so much of the Maxwell's posts. Couldn't he have just said, "We're so grateful Melanie's pregnancy went full-term and Christina was born on her due date."?

Welcome to the rest of your life Sarah!

Though you've been a grunt worker for most of your life before this.

I've been thinking the same thing, and that maybe a big reason why we pity Sarah especially is because she let's herself feel something not 'sweet' or 'joyful'. And that she expresses it to some degree.

I would suggest to Sarah, instead of using "grunt" work to describe herself, she should advertise herself in an appealing way! If she is the blogger of the family, why doesn't she put more atractive pictures of herself, with bright colors and pretty hair? Don't get me wrong, I think she is a BEAUTIFUL young lady, but she doesn't display it. If I was a man looking for a wife- old or young- I'd choose one that invests a little time in her appearance. I'm not talking vanity- there's a difference between vanity and looking presentable. I just don't think she's doing a great job posting depressing pictures of herself.

I feel bad for Sarah.

Thanks for explaining the June birthday thing, I found that strangely worded as well.

Yes they do actually use the word helpmeet in everyday type of language, my mom uses the word helpmeet to describe herself.

Edited to say "they" is meant in a general way, I do not know the Maxwell family.

My heart breaks for Sarah, especially with this engagement. It seems this 'grunt' comment solidifies her position in the family. Poor woman.

Does anyone else have a problem with the word "gratefulness" rather than "gratitude"? I can't read that without cringing:

"We want to express our gratefulness to several people."

And I think Sarah doesn't have many photos on the blog because she is usually the one behind the camera. She is a beautiful girl and I think she has tried to post more photos of herself in the past year or so that she did previously because there were some blog comments asking why there weren't ever any. The photo of her holding the baby is sad to me -- always someone else's baby...

I feel so sorry for Sarah. I would hope at some point, she (and other unmarried women in or near their 30's) would wake up and realize that daddy isn't going to find that prized husband.

I also feel sorry for her. But the strong feeling that she will never wake up and realize that Steve won't find her a husband. There are probably some fundie men in their early 30's out there that are unmarried, but they are less conservative than Maxwells and they might not want to be more strict like the Maxwells. My theory on the Joseph/Elizabeth engagement is that Elizabeth and the rest of the Muncks were easy for Steve to brainwash into becoming more hardcore.

I'm sorry, but the new design is just plain "cold". No heart, no warmth, no "come and linger", just the cold, hard facts. I'm not sure how this will appeal to SAHMs. It does not make me want to buy a Maxwell book to curl up on the sofa with.

I don't think you're supposed to curl up with a Maxwell book. Maxwell books are supposed to get you running around the house, polishing cupboard doors, making huge batches of unappetizing-looking burritos and organizing your life down to the last minute, all for the glory of God.

I don't think you're supposed to curl up with a Maxwell book. Maxwell books are supposed to get you running around the house, polishing cupboard doors, making huge batches of unappetizing-looking burritos and organizing your life down to the last minute, all for the glory of God.

QFT!!

The new design seems to be so plain and boring. Don't know how this could have possibly taken several weeks. But then.. I don't know anything about website construction.

I don't mind the new design. It looks more professional, like a business website. The old website had a more "homemade" appeal. I don't think one is better than the other, just a different direction for them to take.

Sarah looks so nice with the baby but it's a sad reminder that she will probably never marry and have kids. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I, too, was surprised that Joseph was married at a "relatively" young age, however, Nathan was also married at a relatively young age. Christopher's late marriage may be an anomaly. I really wish Sarah will be next but she will be hard pressed to find a suitable fundie family as strict as her's AND someone close to her age. I wonder at what point Steve will realize Sarah's unmarried state is a liability to the family business....then what will happen? Will Steve become proactive in finding Sarah a husband?

:lol:

Exactly! Get crackin'! Get your chore pack on and clean something!!!!! I'm surprised they don't have audio books so you could clean while you were reading.

I don't mind the new design. It looks more professional, like a business website. The old website had a more "homemade" appeal. I don't think one is better than the other, just a different direction for them to take.

Sarah looks so nice with the baby but it's a sad reminder that she will probably never marry and have kids. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I, too, was surprised that Joseph was married at a "relatively" young age, however, Nathan was also married at a relatively young age. Christopher's late marriage may be an anomaly. I really wish Sarah will be next but she will be hard pressed to find a suitable fundie family as strict as her's AND someone close to her age. I wonder at what point Steve will realize Sarah's unmarried state is a liability to the family business....then what will happen? Will Steve become proactive in finding Sarah a husband?

Maybe the same thing that happened to Rachel Wissmann, will happen to her: A 30+ bachelor sees her at a conference.. but this means that they have to attend more conferences and bigger ones. And then the possible suitor has to pass Steve which is obviously the hardest part. I don't think that Seve can handle the thought that one of his daughters will have sex and maybe enjoy it and have FUN. while doing it.

Another roadblock to "romance" (as it were) is that I suspect Steve would have a hard time letting Sarah move away to live with her husband's family, were they based somewhere not within a, say, 15 minute radius from his house. Heck, look at the Maxwell men, who are supposed to "leave and cleave." They're still no more than a mile away from the mothership. Steve would have to relinquish way too much control to let one of his children settle in a different state or (gasp!) time zone. And one of the sinful wimminfolk children, at that.

Archived