IGNORED

Had to post this, so defrauding, for shame Mama Arndt...

0 kids n not countin

maybe they can't afford to marry? most fundie boys have to buy a house and have some kind of income before they are released to search a girl.

I think the older boys work in the family business, court reporting.

Mama Arndt and I have the same basic figure and I admit to keeping stuff like that in my bra. The only risk is that it could get lost in there.

I have a case for my iPod that hooks on to my sports bra for when I'm running that's pretty convenient and I don't find the extra weight to be too distracting.

I just can't imagine any of those boys ever being alone with a girl. They'd be more awkward than a bunch of middle schoolers and I think they've passed the point where they'll ever learn that interaction. They're not nearly fundie enough to find a SAHD and even they did manage to marry one, I'm not sure any of the boys would have the first clue what to do, even if Daddy Arndt spelled it out for them with diagrams and Lego analogies. I just think any one of them would be terrified to hold hands with his new bride. They are all just so backwards, even compared to other fundies. So no, I don't think it's lack of money that is keeping them single. I think it's mostly from their parents infantalizing them. Can you imagine any of them moving out of that house? It would break up the set and Mama Arndt would never allow that.

Guest Anonymous

It might just be the power of suggestion (because of the thread title) but I am just thoroughly defrauded by this photo. Whew!

Also, to the ladies who can keep things in their cleavage, you should know that you are making me extremely envious. I am so flat chested that the only support that my bra provides is psychological!

I just can't imagine any of those boys ever being alone with a girl. They'd be more awkward than a bunch of middle schoolers and I think they've passed the point where they'll ever learn that interaction. They're not nearly fundie enough to find a SAHD and even they did manage to marry one, I'm not sure any of the boys would have the first clue what to do, even if Daddy Arndt spelled it out for them with diagrams and Lego analogies. I just think any one of them would be terrified to hold hands with his new bride. They are all just so backwards, even compared to other fundies. So no, I don't think it's lack of money that is keeping them single. I think it's mostly from their parents infantalizing them. Can you imagine any of them moving out of that house? It would break up the set and Mama Arndt would never allow that.

With such slim pickings for the SAHDs, do you think that the Steves of the world would turn down an Arndt boy? The Arndt boy who has his own business as a court reporter is technically self employed. He probably makes good money. When you combine his salary with the home construction experience* of all the Arndt brothers, is he that far off from Steve's ideal?

*The Arndt boys built the house they currently live in. If a brother decided to get married, they could probably build another house pretty inexpensively (given all that cheap labor), so the marrying Arndt brother could live debt free.

This. These guys likely have plenty of $$ saved up, even if they do help out their family. I mean, they all seem to share vehicles and aside from a few pizza buffets and fountain drinks, I can't imagine what other expenses they might have. Maybe cell phone bills. They all wear T-shirts and jorts so their clothing expenses are minimal. And obviously they don't pay for laundry.

I honestly just think they have been so isolated within their own family that the thought of branching out on their own is terrifying. I bet if just one of the older boys moved out though, the rest would follow suit. And while they may not be as hardcore fundie as the the VF crowd, their isolationist mindset seems almost worst because they don't attend Homeschool Conventions, or conferences, etc. They literally do EVERYTHING together.

And clearly, NO girl could live up to dear old Mom.

There were a few girls that were hanging around the family a few years ago (one of them, Ashely, was on that Kids by the Dozen show) and they were attractive and obviously pretty interested in the Luke boy. These girls traveled from MI and IN to their annual Softball Tournament and hung out with the family and everything. But the boys would not go after them. I honestly think it's because their own families didn't mirror the Arndt's AND because these girls lived outside a 10 mile radius of their house. These guys' expectations are SO ridiculous, they will never marry.

Archived