IGNORED

Bristol Palin’s Reality Show Bombs!

doggie

And an annoying byproduct of reality tv and people being famous just for being famous is we now value celebrity over actual talent. Why should we (and the powers that be) actually do the dirty work of finding a talented new singer, fashion designer, actor, band, writer, etc., when we can just give the latest reality show "sensation" a book deal, perfume line, fashion line, acting role, etc?

But there could be a silver lining. Of the new TV shows released this summer, fictional dramas and sitcoms are doing well, and reality tv shows are tanking! Yay!

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/summer-tvs-w ... deshow/#mm

I'm happy to see that list. I did want to like Duets because I'm fan of those singers, but the contestants they found weren't that great. I'm happy Snooki and JWow are tanking in addition to Bristol. I find Snooki to be a lot more than annoying than the Kardashians.

The Kardashians' fame will end at some point. The sex tape incident that pushed them into the spotlight and lead to the reality show still taints their reputation. I suspect Kris Jenner will try to keep the show on as a long as she can and she is now trying to use her younger daughters to get more pull.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived