IGNORED

Bristol Palin’s Reality Show Bombs!

doggie

I completely agree with you.

Having the baby was the only option other than many sneaking her off early in the pregnancy and hiding her until she gave birth, then forcing her to give up the baby. But even then, it could have come out so the only safe option was to do what they did and use Bristol as an example of what happens when you have sex before marriage.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good point about doing what would make them look better during a campaign. I never thought of that before.

I'm not surprised. I watched her on Dancing with the stars and and she was boring to watch. She talks in a total monotone voice, no energy and just acted really entitled about the whole proces. I suspect that the producers didn't think she'd last more than a few weeks but a lot of republican bloggers encouraged people to vote for her. I am not sure why they didn't go apeshit to support her reality show but then DWTS was already one of the highest rated shows on TV and lots of people were watching it already.

I broke down and watched the first episode on demand.

All reality shows are staged and scripted to a large extent. Most of the time, however, they are cleverly edited to make it all look like real life. But Bristol’s show is hands down the most obviously scripted "reality" show I've ever seen. Literally nothing seemed real about it. Her sisters could barely get their lines out without bursting into giggles and the staged bar fight between Bristol and the Sarah Palin hatin' gay man was vomit inducing.

Silver lining? I think Bristol's show could just possibly finally kill off the reality show genre. Anyone who watches it will never look at a reality show the same way again, even those gullible people who would have believed Superman was really flying back in the 50's. Of course, not many are watching, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a fair number of cross-over viewers with the Duggar audience.

What did the network see in her in the 1st place? A hypocritical drama queen?

I wonder about that. Lifetime should have seen the red flags, Bristol was originally supposed to have a show on A&E and that was canned before any episodes aired. I also wonder why Bristol chose to get involved with Lifetime. Lifetime is pretty liberal and they have supported LGBT community for years. They have mad several LGBT related movies. Lifetime should have said no to homophobe brat Bristol.

Well Goodness! After that first show and "Poor me, I moved away from my family and totally ignored my sis and expected her to spend all her time with my baby, so now she's MOVING" thing... did anyone REALLY expect it to go far?

Bristol Palin is infinitely worse than ANY of the Teen Moms (except perhaps Amber, what with the allegations of abuse). Not only did she make the mistake of getting pregnant way too young because she didn't use birth control or care about who she slept with, but because of her parents' positions and money she's got everything she ever wanted or needed for her or her son. She also has, now, a platform for spewing her hurtful and hateful "advice" to anyone who's unfortunate enough to be within earshot. She's the opposite of a role model.

Bristol Palin is infinitely worse than ANY of the Teen Moms (except perhaps Amber, what with the allegations of abuse). Not only did she make the mistake of getting pregnant way too young because she didn't use birth control or care about who she slept with, but because of her parents' positions and money she's got everything she ever wanted or needed for her or her son. She also has, now, a platform for spewing her hurtful and hateful "advice" to anyone who's unfortunate enough to be within earshot. She's the opposite of a role model.

I have to agree with this. I'm not a huge fan of any of the Teen Moms. Maci, Farah, Kailyn, and the others annoy me at times, but they aren't as bad as Bristol Palin. Some of them have jobs and are trying to make their kids' lives better because they know they won't always have help. Bristol doesn't have to worry about money and she isn't tune with the real world that much. Like you said, she is pretty hateful and keeps trying to shove herself in the public eye. I have more respect for Jamie Lynn Spears than Bristol. Jamie Lynn has lived a quiet life since having her daughter. There are rumors that Jamie Lynn recorded a country album and is planning to break into that business. I wish her well.

I completely agree with you.

Having the baby was the only option other than many sneaking her off early in the pregnancy and hiding her until she gave birth, then forcing her to give up the baby. But even then, it could have come out so the only safe option was to do what they did and use Bristol as an example of what happens when you have sex before marriage.

They did try to sneak her off and hide her though, didn't they? She went to live with relatives during part of her pregnancy right?

I agree with bananacat, as I so often find myself doing.

She's on every blog I read, and she's always right! :clap:

She's on every blog I read, and she's always right! :clap:

:oops: Aw shucks, thanks. What other blogs are you on though? I would like to say hi to you over there, wherever there is :greetings-wavegreen:

I hope Kathy Griffin has an upcoming Bravo special, that way she can make fun of Bristol's reality show.

Bristol Palin only got on Dancing with the "Stars" because she's a Palin, daughter of Sarah. Lifetime should've considered this and realized a reality show following Bristol around would be just as boring and ordinary as she is. Sarah's still as kooky and outspoken as ever, but her eldest daughter is just a crybaby who cashes in on the family name.

heart4home: I do not have numbers to cite, but I'll bet more children get kicked out of their homes for coming out as homosexual than girls get kicked out of their homes for getting pregnant. And I have a feeling you're just fine with that.

Please let her go away now. I cannot stand her or her obnoxious family.

I don't think we will hear much about Bristol after this flop. Todd is going to be on some dumb NBC reality show competition. I think in 2013, nobody will give a fuck about the Palins.

I wonder about that. Lifetime should have seen the red flags, Bristol was originally supposed to have a show on A&E and that was canned before any episodes aired. I also wonder why Bristol chose to get involved with Lifetime. Lifetime is pretty liberal and they have supported LGBT community for years. They have mad several LGBT related movies. Lifetime should have said no to homophobe brat Bristol.

Wow, really? I didn't realise. The only things I've seen are the Lifetime movies, and I've seen several that are a bit confused about the topic of teen sex but seem pro-abstinence and anti-abortion...they are usually pretty crap though, so it's hard to tell. Anyway I thought that might be why they had Bristol on.

Wow, really? I didn't realise. The only things I've seen are the Lifetime movies, and I've seen several that are a bit confused about the topic of teen sex but seem pro-abstinence and anti-abortion...they are usually pretty crap though, so it's hard to tell. Anyway I thought that might be why they had Bristol on.

I've seen several LGBT Lifetime movies. Usually they are true stories about a family that can't accept the gay child, gay child goes off to live life, tries to reconcile with family, family still won't accept, gay person kills themselves, mom realizes how wrong they were and becomes a gay rights advocate. The LGBT ones that I've seen were actually good (one even made me cry).

Prayers for Bobby made me cry and that movie had good acting. There was a Lifetime movie in the late 90's that starred Jean Smart. In the movie she married and has two kids. She finds out her husband is gay and a big part of movie is her forgiving him for his deception. There was another movie about a teenage lesbian and there was one movie with Brooke Shield and Cherry Jones as a lesbian couple with a daughter. In that movie, the biological mother of the daughter dies and the other one ends up in a custody battle to keep the daughter. There have been a few others. Lifetime also used to air movie LGBT movies that were made by other networks.

I broke down and watched the first episode on demand.

All reality shows are staged and scripted to a large extent. Most of the time, however, they are cleverly edited to make it all look like real life. But Bristol’s show is hands down the most obviously scripted "reality" show I've ever seen. Literally nothing seemed real about it. Her sisters could barely get their lines out without bursting into giggles and the staged bar fight between Bristol and the Sarah Palin hatin' gay man was vomit inducing.

Silver lining? I think Bristol's show could just possibly finally kill off the reality show genre. Anyone who watches it will never look at a reality show the same way again, even those gullible people who would have believed Superman was really flying back in the 50's. Of course, not many are watching, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a fair number of cross-over viewers with the Duggar audience.

I hope you're right that the failure of Bristol's show could kill off the reality show genre. But apparently odious career advice guru, Penelope Trunk, is working on a reality show. Call me a bitch, but I hope it fails big time.

I have no problem with reality tv shows where talent and skill play a part-American Idol, Project Runway, etc. I do have a problem with reality shows like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," "The Real Housewives of Whatever" and Bristol's televised crap. I want well-written sitcoms and drama series. I want to find the next Tina Fey or Aaron Sorkin, not the next Kim Kardashian or NeNe Leakes.

And what TV exec thought it would be a good idea to devote a show to a flatliner like Bristol Palin? How much pull does her mother have?

I hope you're right that the failure of Bristol's show could kill off the reality show genre. But apparently odious career advice guru, Penelope Trunk, is working on a reality show. Call me a bitch, but I hope it fails big time.

I have no problem with reality tv shows where talent and skill play a part-American Idol, Project Runway, etc. I do have a problem with reality shows like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," "The Real Housewives of Whatever" and Bristol's televised crap. I want well-written sitcoms and drama series. I want to find the next Tina Fey or Aaron Sorkin, not the next Kim Kardashian or NeNe Leakes.

And what TV exec thought it would be a good idea to devote a show to a flatliner like Bristol Palin? How much pull does her mother have?

I feel the same way. I enjoy several reality show competitions and I agree with you on Keeping Up with Kardashians, Housewives shows, etc. I admit I have watched those types of reality shows for snark purposes. At this point I can't stand the Kardashian/Jenner family. None of them are actual entertainers, but they are treated as if they are. I cringed the other day when I saw that Oprah/OWN devoted an episode of "The Next Chapter" to the Kardashians. There have been Hollywood rumors that the Kardashains aren't really loved in some circles and one rumor that went around was that several actors/actresses were pissed that Kim Kardashian was included in a musical number a couple of years back at the Emmys.

My theory is that Bristol Palin was hoping to get Kardashian type fame through a reality show, but it didn't pan out for her. The Kardashian girls may be annoying, but they aren't hateful like Bristol is.

Bristol's mamma, the half-term governor, still has political ambitions.

And they both own homes in Arizona. GO AWAY.

On Tuesday my husband was chatting on the phone with a business associate as he was on his was to a meeting in LA. The Business associate said, "sorry I just lost my train of thought Sarah Palin just walked in front of me". She was prolly there doing damage control. ;)

On Tuesday my husband was chatting on the phone with a business associate as he was on his was to a meeting in LA. The Business associate said, "sorry I just lost my train of thought Sarah Palin just walked in front of me". She was prolly there doing damage control. ;)

Probably, Sarah always has to defend her speshul snowflakes.

In trying to keep her name out there, which will come next, the autotuned single or the perfume?

I feel the same way. I enjoy several reality show competitions and I agree with you on Keeping Up with Kardashians, Housewives shows, etc. I admit I have watched those types of reality shows for snark purposes. At this point I can't stand the Kardashian/Jenner family. None of them are actual entertainers, but they are treated as if they are. I cringed the other day when I saw that Oprah/OWN devoted an episode of "The Next Chapter" to the Kardashians. There have been Hollywood rumors that the Kardashains aren't really loved in some circles and one rumor that went around was that several actors/actresses were pissed that Kim Kardashian was included in a musical number a couple of years back at the Emmys.

My theory is that Bristol Palin was hoping to get Kardashian type fame through a reality show, but it didn't pan out for her. The Kardashian girls may be annoying, but they aren't hateful like Bristol is.

And an annoying byproduct of reality tv and people being famous just for being famous is we now value celebrity over actual talent. Why should we (and the powers that be) actually do the dirty work of finding a talented new singer, fashion designer, actor, band, writer, etc., when we can just give the latest reality show "sensation" a book deal, perfume line, fashion line, acting role, etc?

But there could be a silver lining. Of the new TV shows released this summer, fictional dramas and sitcoms are doing well, and reality tv shows are tanking! Yay!

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/summer-tvs-w ... deshow/#mm

Archived