IGNORED

Bristol Palin’s Reality Show Bombs!

doggie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. That family has dragged out their 15 minutes of fame long enough. Time to let them come to terms with their irrelevance.

And Cooper Anderson, that filthy queer, is only more loved.

Suck it, Bristol.

:laughing-rollingred:

WINNING!

Tripp looks like his daddy, thank God.

He's very cute and looks mostly like Levi, but I can't help but think he'll probably be procreating in little more than a decade. I can see the People magazine cover now - "Bristol Palin With Grandson Twigg, 'Being a Grandma at 31 Is So Much Fun!'"

He's very cute and looks mostly like Levi, but I can't help but think he'll probably be procreating in little more than a decade. I can see the People magazine cover now - "Bristol Palin With Grandson Twigg, 'Being a Grandma at 31 Is So Much Fun!'"

:lol: :lol:

I did not watch her show but one thing I like about the Palins is that they did not turn their back on their daughter when she got pregnant as a teen, because recently i was looked at another message board where that topic came up about what would you do if your teen came to you and said they were pregnant, and it was sad how so many people on that board had said of theyre daughter got pregnant they would kick her out of their house. Never knew so many people felt that way.

i just thought it was so sad. because in my opinion even if you are angry/sad, you have to think "ok i am upset with her right now, BUT this is the time in her life when my daughter is really going to need me the most, to have a trusted adult their to offer support etc". So after reading those opinions on another board, I am happy with them that they did not get angry and turn their back on their child.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person. :roll:

Suck it, slag (not that Levi's doing any better, according to that article...21 and expecting baby #2).

Just goes to show (as Countess LuAnn sang) money can't buy you class. Or even reasonably civilized behavior.

Buh bye Bristol. Don't let the door hit you in your ample (likely lipoed by now) backside.

I did not watch her show but one thing I like about the Palins is that they did not turn their back on their daughter when she got pregnant as a teen, because recently i was looked at another message board where that topic came up about what would you do if your teen came to you and said they were pregnant, and it was sad how so many people on that board had said of theyre daughter got pregnant they would kick her out of their house. Never knew so many people felt that way.

i just thought it was so sad. because in my opinion even if you are angry/sad, you have to think "ok i am upset with her right now, BUT this is the time in her life when my daughter is really going to need me the most, to have a trusted adult their to offer support etc". So after reading those opinions on another board, I am happy with them that they did not get angry and turn their back on their child.

They didn't turn their backs on her, but they did exploit her. I'm not sure which is worse.

They didn't turn their backs on her, but they did exploit her. I'm not sure which is worse.

Exploiting a baby with Down's for political gain trumps it all.

The Palins are just so....icky.

Not going to lie, I watched about ten minutes of it. Before seeing it, I had read that Levi didn't want to be part of it and wasn't going to show up if cameras were around since he knew they would portray him negatively and edit it to make her look better. He knew Bristol planned on arguing with him on camera to make him look like the bad guy.

The entire ten minutes I watched were her complaining because she wanted Levi to see the baby, but he was a deadbeat and wouldn't show up... even though she was well aware of what he had already stated.

When the cameras weren't rolling, it was a different story and she did whatever she could to keep him away.

I am happy it failed. I hope all reality shows with children bomb. There are no real protections out there for the children on the shows.

The thing is, though, they couldn't kick her out even if they had wanted to, because of the campaign. It was bad enough trying to somehow put a positive spin on this GLARING EXAMPLE of why abstinence-only doesn't work, but this way, at least they could act like one big happy family and at least she didn't have an EBIL ABORSHUN. Had they kicked her out of the house over this, that would have been some seriously awful PR.

They pimped out their DS baby, trotted out not one but TWO abstinence grandchildren. Yea let's admire them because they didn't kick Bristol out, coz , like non-fundie families totally kick their kids out when they are 18. I could admire Frothy coz he didn't tie his dog to the roof of his car.

The Palins only "supported" Bristol because she made a nice little political prop. If she had chosen abortion, she would have been shunned from the family, or at the very least kept deep in the closet. But she was allowed to stick around as long as she kept playing up the "lesson" of sex being a terrible horrible thing that nobody should ever do lest you get punished with a baby. She did a bad thing and accepted her punishment and repented, and that's why her parents let her stick around. If she had started advocating for better education/access to birth control or had gone against the party line in any way, she'd be out on her ass.

Agreed Bananacat. Your above sentiment is exactly why I am against parental notification laws. Abortion is a private issue and needs to be available to all women. However, in the wilds of Alaska, what else can you do except take herbs and hope for the best... I think of all the poor Native women there that give birth in wretched conditions with little to no prenatal care.

What did the network see in her in the 1st place? A hypocritical drama queen?

Did someone let ANOTHER troll in? Remember to shut the door behind you, guys!

Did someone let ANOTHER troll in? Remember to shut the door behind you, guys!

Oh, look!!!!

The Palins only "supported" Bristol because she made a nice little political prop. If she had chosen abortion, she would have been shunned from the family, or at the very least kept deep in the closet. But she was allowed to stick around as long as she kept playing up the "lesson" of sex being a terrible horrible thing that nobody should ever do lest you get punished with a baby. She did a bad thing and accepted her punishment and repented, and that's why her parents let her stick around. If she had started advocating for better education/access to birth control or had gone against the party line in any way, she'd be out on her ass.

I agree with bananacat, as I so often find myself doing.

Heart4home makes a good point about it being devastating how many parents would turn their pregnant daughters out on the streets, but the fact is that the Palins didn't really have a choice in the matter. Anything else would have hurt Sarah's political campaign. If they hadn't been at the centre of a political campaign at the time I would have respected them a bit more, but not that much because families in the spotlight will generally do whatever makes them look the best rather than what they would be inclined to do if they were anonymous.

I'm not so sure they wouldn't have slut-shamed her and kicked her out if they had been ordinary citizens.

I agree with bananacat, as I so often find myself doing.

Heart4home makes a good point about it being devastating how many parents would turn their pregnant daughters out on the streets, but the fact is that the Palins didn't really have a choice in the matter. Anything else would have hurt Sarah's political campaign. If they hadn't been at the centre of a political campaign at the time I would have respected them a bit more, but not that much because families in the spotlight will generally do whatever makes them look the best rather than what they would be inclined to do if they were anonymous.

I'm not so sure they wouldn't have slut-shamed her and kicked her out if they had been ordinary citizens.

I seriously doubt that having an abortion was a viable option for Bristol.

Archived