IGNORED

Pedophile protected by Greg Harris & Michael Bradrick

aubrietta

The Wartburg Watch Recently featured a story about a homeschooling family whose daughter was molested by Patrick Rojas, the 22 year-old son of the pastor. When the shit hit the fan, Greg Harris, who was the head of their church denomination told a man not to believe his wife regarding what she had seen in a psych/sexual evaluation done on the pedophile "because women were easily deceived". This church elders also withheld information regarding the pedophile until a plea bargin was in place, and consistently protected the pedophile's family rather than the victim and her family.

In a serious ass-hole move Rojas sued the mother of the victim for having a blog which talked about him. She offered to take down the blog if he would walk away from the case, and not sue for damages. He refused. Fortunately, the case was dismissed, and her blog stayed up. However, he's now taking it to a higher court, and they have accepted the case.

The father of the pedophile, and pastor of the church has a warrant for his arrest for witness tampering (IIRC) and fled the country along with 10 of his children - five of whom are girls who have also been molested by their brother, Patrick Rojas. According to the Wartburg Watch David Rojas's youngest alleged victim was 1.5 years old.

Some gems of connection regarding how connected and incestuous the fundie world is.

- As mentioned previously, the church they attended was one that belonged to the fellowship of churches founded by Greg Harris - Household of faith Christian Fellowship

- The victim's family attended a homeschooling conference - Patrick Rojas and his family were there as guests of Michael Bradrick, good ole' Sippy Cup's dad. The church elders and conference organizers thought it was unreasonable that the family objected to the Rojas's presence and asked that they be asked to leave. The Rojas stayed.

- Patrick Rojas signed the Rebulation Modesty Survey.

Wartburg watch story is here:

thewartburgwatch.com/2012/06/28/pedophilia-and-deception-at-a-household-of-faith-community-church/

The Danielle, the mother of the victim, has a blog here:

ourstoryhelp.blogspot.com

It sickens me to see how consistently churches cover up abuse and protect the abuser rather than the victim. This always a giant WTF to me, but seems to be the way churches work. Pretty sure Jesus is rolling over in his grave over shit like that.

Edited for riffles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sickens me to see how consistently churches cover up abuse and protect the abuser rather than the victim. This always a giant WTF to me, but seems to be the way churches work. Pretty sure Jesus is rolling over in his grave over shit like that.

QFT!

Is Greg Harris related to the twins who created the Rebelution Survey?

The base for much of patriarchy is not respect for fathers but worship of male ego so it doesn't surprise me that these people would protect an adult male church member before the victim. It makes me sad but it doesn't surprise me. I would be surprised if this type of cover up hasn't happened before

Not sure who the twins are, but Gregg Harris is the father of Joshua Harris, the dumbass kid who wrote that dumbass book called "I Kissed Dating Goodbye".

:cry:

Not sure who the twins are, but Gregg Harris is the father of Joshua Harris, the dumbass kid who wrote that dumbass book called "I Kissed Dating Goodbye".

Okay, the twins are Joshua's brothers. (I can't remember their names) I see the connection now and this isn't the first time that Gregg has been an asshole.

Who was the woman whose business Gregg tried to destroy? It was several years back and I can't remember the entire story, but I think that she sued him in court. I'm only bringing her up to point out that his assholery is not a new development.

Interesting. I remember having to go to one of his homeschooling conferences (I think it was in the late 80s) with my mom. There was one speaker (now I wonder if it possibly could have been Michael Pearl!) who gave a frightening lecture on discipline and corporal punishment. I remember he talked a lot about how parents need to be more thorough in finding out and punishing disobedience, because too many homeschooling parents are too lenient and forgetful of all the ways disobedience can manifest itself. He gave this example of how a mother sent her children outside to play in the backyard, and when 15 minutes later her little daughter knocked on the door to give her some dandelions she had picked for her mom, the mother (erroneously) thanked the little girl and then went back to her work. Apparently, that was horrific negligence on the mother's part, as the speaker said that the mother did not tell the child to pick dandelions or to knock on the door, she told her daughter to play. Thus, giving her mother flowers was direct disobedience, and the child needed to be punished for that. Also, all disobedience has to be responded to with corporal punishment. He talked about how if your arm got tired just tell the child that your arm is tired, but you will come back to finish the job after you have a break.

He also ended his talk saying how children respected him because he was so quick to use corporal punishment to keep any child in line. He said if he told any child in the hallway at that conference to come over to him because he was going to punish them, that they would obey and know that "he meant business".

Scary. As. Fuck. (as a kid that day I remember being terrified he would see me in the hallway sometime that day and make me go over to him to get beat).

end rambling.

Scary. As. Fuck.

QFT. That's the kind of asshole that needs to be locked up, on principle.

These people are such wonderful examples of "Christians" that it makes me want to barf.

Or, more to the point, if you're going to act like this and claim to be followers of Jesus, WHY ON EARTH would I want to be involved with you? *shudder*

:cry:

Twins: Alex and Brett of the Rebelution/Modesty Survey. Alex got married a year or two ago and just had a little girl. :?

Josh Harris: Pastoring a church of his own that was recently called out for hiding and covering up sexual abuse.

Lawsuit: Cheryl Seelhoff. We talked about her a year or so ago. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1398

Asshattery is genetic in that family. :angry-fire:

He gave this example of how a mother sent her children outside to play in the backyard, and when 15 minutes later her little daughter knocked on the door to give her some dandelions she had picked for her mom, the mother (erroneously) thanked the little girl and then went back to her work. Apparently, that was horrific negligence on the mother's part, as the speaker said that the mother did not tell the child to pick dandelions or to knock on the door, she told her daughter to play. Thus, giving her mother flowers was direct disobedience, and the child needed to be punished for that. Also, all disobedience has to be responded to with corporal punishment.

What the fuck?

That's blatantly not only physical, but psychological abuse.

There's been tons of shit gone down in Joshua Harris's church. Just google "SGM Refuge" and "SGM Survivors"

My parents were huge Harris Family Fans. We had the 21 Rules of This House posted on our fridge, and I'm pretty sure my mom still has every single issue of Joshua Harris's "New Attitude" magazine in a box somewhere.

I actually remember hearing about the Cheryl Seelhoff scandal when it was happing. The line was something like "she had an AFFAIR! Can you IMAGINE? And she still wanted to publish a Christian Magazine! Thank the Lord there's Godly Men like Greg Harris to stand up for what's right"

So having sex with a consenting adult is a bigger crime than forcing yourself sexually on a child? I am obviously ignorant of Christianity as I would have assumed Christianity would be about forgiving the transgressions of consenting adults and all about punishing the transgressions of adults (or near adults) abusing children.

There's been tons of shit gone down in Joshua Harris's church. Just google "SGM Refuge" and "SGM Survivors"

My parents were huge Harris Family Fans. We had the 21 Rules of This House posted on our fridge, and I'm pretty sure my mom still has every single issue of Joshua Harris's "New Attitude" magazine in a box somewhere.

I actually remember hearing about the Cheryl Seelhoff scandal when it was happing. The line was something like "she had an AFFAIR! Can you IMAGINE? And she still wanted to publish a Christian Magazine! Thank the Lord there's Godly Men like Greg Harris to stand up for what's right"

Yes - I only vaguely remember hearing about the suit, but my mom remembered it clearly. It was apparently quite the gossip topic on the fundie-farm. We talked about it back when I read Quiver Full. My mom's memory was definitely similar to the stuff you were hearing. My old church wasn't tied in too closely with the Harrises(they were in more with the Sprouls and some other non-internet famous fundies - and nowadays with some of the VF-ers), but he definitely has his admirers there.

Seelhoff got screwed over financially when she was shut out of her bread and butter speaking gigs at homeschool conferences. She pushed back legally and won. :clap:

My old church wasn't tied in too closely with the Harrises(they were in more with the Sprouls and some other non-internet famous fundies - and nowadays with some of the VF-ers), but he definitely has his admirers there.

I remember the Cheryl Seelhoff stuff, but wasn't really into the homeschooling community at that point because my kids were very young. But the mention of the Sproul name caught my eye. My mom LOVED RC Sproul and Chuck Swindoll. Old school names you don't encounter much outside of fundie circles.

I remember the Cheryl Seelhoff stuff, but wasn't really into the homeschooling community at that point because my kids were very young. But the mention of the Sproul name caught my eye. My mom LOVED RC Sproul and Chuck Swindoll. Old school names you don't encounter much outside of fundie circles.

Oh my goodness, YES. Sproul(and nowadays John Piper) are revered big-time in the reformed fundie world here. When I was pretty small, RC Sproul, SR. preached a guest series on the fundie-farm and they actually had to get the sheriff's office out there to do crowd control once word got out.

• 1 year later...

He recently was married! I had some friends who went to the wedding, and I have met the bride and talked at length with some if siblings. Her father is a head elder at one the Household of Faith churches. She is only like 21 or 22 I think. I feel so bad for her. Her family is certainly, well, what you would expect from someone who heads up a bid church but they seemed like sincere Christians, but apparently are just plain psycho. This Rojas guy is sick, his dad probably is too.

All I've got is :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Archived