IGNORED

Kim Coghlan might to a pregnancy crises center....

tabitha2

To get an ultrasound as she desperately wants twins and does not believe her Mid wife who keeps saying just one.

I just talked to a friend who works at the local crisis pregnancy center, and she said they’re happy to do a scan for me just to gain experience for their new nurse. They haven’t seen twins yet and are delighted at the possibility, slim though it may be.

Thou she does not outright say it if you read between the lines you realize she resists getting one because Samaritan Ministries does not normally pay for them.

I don't get why so many fundies want twins. Are they a badge of honor or something? I could barely handle one newborn baby at a time and I would have freaked out if I had twins.

I don't get why so many fundies want twins. Are they a badge of honor or something? I could barely handle one newborn baby at a time and I would have freaked out if I had twins.

I have always wanted twins and they run in my family. I measure large in the early months of pregnancy so I would hopefully scan the ultrasound for another heartbeat. I hate pregnancy and love babies so a twofer would be a good deal once I survived the birth and newborn months.

I suspect the fundies just want numbers though.

She has been on this twin thing from the get go. It's like they can't be happy having one at a time, they need a whole litter. Sorry, but these fundies make me so damn mad. Collecting babies like they're baseball cards.

What exactly is the point of receiving all your care from a midwife if you don't even trust her enough to know whether you're having one baby or two?

And yes, she's expecting a freebie:

Update: I called the center and learned that I might be too far along to be helpful in training. I’m waiting for a call back to hear if they want to schedule me for a free scan.

I'd also be willing to bet that the reason the center says she's "too far along to be helpful in training" is because the only thing the CPC really needs to train people in is running scans on women in their first trimester to make them choose not to abort. If the nurse in question has never seen twins and really wants to run a completely unnecessary scan for the chance to see them, why would it matter how far along she was?

why doesn't Samaritan pay for ultrasounds? Too afraid of abortions if there's an anomaly?

There is not such thing as "too far along" to be helpful in training. Slickcat is right - those places really only exist to prevent abortion, not to really help pregnant women.

Twins with a midwife,homebirth would not be a good idea. The risk of something going wrong goes up dramatically and you need frequent ultrasounds to check for twin to twin transfusion syndrome and other problems that can be life threatening.

why doesn't Samaritan pay for ultrasounds? Too afraid of abortions if there's an anomaly?

Possibly, but I think there's a rule, whether written or unwritten, that says people who use Scamaritan have to try to get the cheapest possible care. For one thing, the patient has to pay up front and get reimbursed, and we know families like the Coughlans and the Jeubs have no money. Chris Jeub once said that most of their claims for births are like $5-$10, which means they don't even use a midwife. Secondly, when you ask for your money back from SM, you have to describe your entire medical experience and justify why you need the money. That means there is an entire group of people ready to judge you and decide whether or not you deserve what you're asking for. I doubt they'd want to do anything that would put their payouts in jeopardy.

Fill that quiver even faster!! That's how she proves she's a True Woman .

A CPC will never help her unless she pretends she's considering an abortion.

She's so cheap I could see her considering it.

Is this on their site? Because when I go there I just get some weird advert thing now that makes it look like their blog has been hacked...

If she can't afford to pay for an ultrasound, why the hell is she having another baby?

If she can't afford to pay for an ultrasound, why the hell is she having another baby?

Very good point. And I agree with the issue of homebirth being a bigger risk. Even my more liberal midwife friends don't touch that. At least the medically trained ones- the entry level prayer led ones are fine with it. :?

The problem with choosing a homebirth simply for financial reasons (and if they don't have health insurance) is that if there is anything that they need to go to the hospital to deal with, they will be facing unexpected medical costs - ALL out of pocket.

The problem with choosing a homebirth simply for financial reasons (and if they don't have health insurance) is that if there is anything that they need to go to the hospital to deal with, they will be facing unexpected medical costs - ALL out of pocket.

And then, like the Zimmermans, they will endeavor to "bargain down" or even have those costs eliminated because they can't pay. Ironic when so many of these people are also rabid Ron Paul supporters & love to spout all that nonsense about self-sufficiency, etc.

Re: homebirth & twins. A good friend had her twins at home very successfully but she also had an MD in attendance. This was in the late 1970s, before ultrasound, so their first real indication of a twin pregnancy came after the birth of the first baby when the doctor handed the infant to the dad, saying, "Here, take this one."

Does anyone know why when I go to her blog I get a bunch of strange paragraphs about pharmaceuticals and assorted gibberish? I have never tried to visit it before today, so . . .

The Trunk

Current giveaway: Grandpa Jake's Campfire Cooker

The birth of india has ordered cleaning up of the aspirin and asked elderly ties to prepare changes for drug. doxycycline hyc 100mg for dogs Such mesangial subject however decreases esophageal regenerative lab care sex and improves resources, and in bacterial tetracyclines has a proper organism of less than 1 resistance, not usually as 85 mite antileukotriene mechanism.

Archived