Sin = Chicken Pox

longskirts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How close were you?

needles being used?

where? (what body part?)

as far as your car, if you're expecting not to be able to make payments on time, it's probably a pretty good indicator you can't afford the car.

Close. I walked out the back door of the gym to hide and here they were kids with needles in their arms. I looked again out the back a couple weeks later to see if they were at it again and they were. I never spoke with them. I wouldn't have known what to say.

When people are new to a forum is it hard to be accepted for a while, I almost feel like I have to pass a test to be accepted since you dont know me, if I did run a blog maybe you'd feel like you knew me already, but I don't.

Close. I walked out the back door of the gym to hide and here they were kids with needles in their arms. I looked again out the back a couple weeks later to see if they were at it again and they were. I never spoke with them. I wouldn't have known what to say.

When people are new to a forum is it hard to be accepted for a while, I almost feel like I have to pass a test to be accepted since you dont know me, if I did run a blog maybe you'd feel like you knew me already, but I don't.

Ok I'm maintaing my BS call.

And what ever happened to that I am my brother's keeper stuff from the bible? You see a bunch of folks committing suicide and you don't tell the principal? Is suicide some kind of spectator sport to you? You are one speshul snowflake. I will suggest before you spend the money to lease a vehicle you invest in a spine.

I have been reading this forum for a while, interested in what other viewpoints there were to be had. I finally decided to post because I'm at a point where I want to figure things out and start making my own way and being more independent. While I did not think this was any kind of support group, I did think I'd get some advice on the real world (cars jobs etc) and encouragement to be my own individual. Why did I think I'd find that here? Because as I read this forum I came across so many various people saying things like "if anyone was trying to get out of this type of lifestyle, I'd tell them- ", "anyone on FJ would be glad to help someone leave this type of situation" etc. So with all those words from people wanting other people to leave this type of environment, I thought I'd get something constructive from here- advice on how to get out on my own, etc. I have been reading for so long, but posting here definitely changed my view on what this is like.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not leaving this forum, this post here is not some sort of exit..I'm interested in reading here and being a member of the forum. I like the idea of FJ and I'm interested in learning other viewpoints and opinions on the subjects discussed on this forum. I'm sorry I took the thread on a different route from it's original intention which was about sin and chickenpox.

I ...

Re: Sin = Chicken Pox

heart4home wrote:

Ok I'm maintaing my BS call.

And what ever happened to that I am my brother's keeper stuff from the bible? You see a bunch of folks committing suicide and you don't tell the principal? Is suicide some kind of spectator sport to you? You are one speshul snowflake. I will suggest before you spend the money to lease a vehicle you invest in a spine.

You have again conveniently ignored my post. Please address my comments and queries which are bolded.

I don't think they were trying to commit suicide, that never crossed my mind. I knew drugs were bad so I stayed away from them. Im not sure why you want to challenge everything I say so much, I freely admitted I was a kid who didn't question things but did what I was told. Now that im older I am questioning many things, but that was then and this is now. I don't know what you want me to say.

I don't think they were trying to commit suicide, that never crossed my mind. I knew drugs were bad so I stayed away from them. Im not sure why you want to challenge everything I say so much, I freely admitted I was a kid who didn't question things but did what I was told. Now that im older I am questioning many things, but that was then and this is now. I don't know what you want me to say.

What the fuck do you think happens when you shoot dope long enough? You wind up dying. Please take some personal responsibility. The bible is quite clear.

Now you have the chutzpah to completely contradict you earlier post. At one point you said you didn't tell your parents about the drug use because they would take you out of school. Which of your answers is correct and truthful?

OK, I have to ask where on earth you went to school and when? Not specifics if you're not comfortable, but you could at least name a general area and decade. I've been around some pretty sketchy people/places before and I find it really hard to believe that school kids are just hanging out in the open shooting up between classes, especially a scenario where there were multiple kids with needles in their arms.

How do those contradict each other? They are both correct. I didn't question what the kids were doing, I just got out there- and didn't tell my parents about it. I'm not seeing how those are not both "correct and truthful" as you put it.

Anyway as for being taught brothers keeper, I didn't get a lot of the "brothers keeper"'stuff at home, what i got was the "plank in your own eye"'stuff and the "be careful what you see" stuff.

I'm not aware of any drug related deaths in that particular school (i was only there 3 months so who knows what happened to those kids years later- this was fall of 1999 in a rural community in ohio) but if any kid ever died because I didn't stop them from using drugs that day, yes, I would be at fault because I never spoke up. I would feel terribly convicted, although I can't exactly go back and change anything, so I'm not sure there's a point in dwelling on what can't be changed.

OK, I have to ask where on earth you went to school and when? Not specifics if you're not comfortable, but you could at least name a general area and decade. I've been around some pretty sketchy people/places before and I find it really hard to believe that school kids are just hanging out in the open shooting up between classes, especially a scenario where there were multiple kids with needles in their arms.

Just moving this down here since H4H seems to avoid most direct questions.

Heart4home, maybe you already said this but I can't remember, do you have a job and a steady source of income? How do you currently get around? Do you drive your parents' car? Does your community have a public transportation system? Not like I am an expert, but every single thing I read about leases from financial experts says to never get a lease. As to your other car questions I really can't answer them because I have never bought a car.

I can buy seeing kids doing drugs and not telling, I have a harder time with thinking all people who dress in a certain type of clothes are witches and occult members. Instead of three months in a public school, I spent several months at an ATI training center and even I knew that wasn't the case. I've never even been to Hot Topic!

Do you have a job? A steady income? Do you still live at home? Do your parents still control you? If you don't have a job or a steady income, then you shouldn't lease a car. Save up your money, when you get it, and try to find someone you trust to help you buy a good, used cheap car. If you still live at home and your parents still control you, then you really need to look into finding a way to move out.

I live at home with my parents and I drive one of my dad's cars. I have a job which is 3 and a half days a week. I want my own car so I have more freedom and I don't see being able to move out if I don't already have my own transportation. I am applying for full time positions now but no one else knows. I don't log in to this website from home just in case.

I feel like I have a déjà vu.

Didn't we have an oh-so-helpless "fundie" girl here not too long ago, AnnoDomini?

So, heart, I recommend you get real-life help, and do not try to sollicit it here. Nobody can tell you if you can afford a car, afford to move out etc. There are counsellors for financial matters, too, not only for people involved with drugs and the occult. :roll:

H4H is a bit too passive aggressive for my tastes. Perhaps when the heat comes up later today and I'm too hot and bored to move I'll give her some attention. But yes, it is deja vu all over again :lol:

I can buy seeing kids doing drugs and not telling, I have a harder time with thinking all people who dress in a certain type of clothes are witches and occult members. Instead of three months in a public school, I spent several months at an ATI training center and even I knew that wasn't the case. I've never even been to Hot Topic!

Do you have a job? A steady income? Do you still live at home? Do your parents still control you? If you don't have a job or a steady income, then you shouldn't lease a car. Save up your money, when you get it, and try to find someone you trust to help you buy a good, used cheap car. If you still live at home and your parents still control you, then you really need to look into finding a way to move out.

Yeah but, as experiencedd has pointed out, I can't see anyone shooting up out in the open right next to the door of a school. Be very hard not to get caught by more than one person. Then again, maybe they eventually did get caught by a teacher. I imagine she had no idea of the dangers of injectable drug use, she probably thought all drugs are the same - "bad" but not harmful. Am I correct in my assumption that this happened before HIV was well-known?

Yeah, it is hard to imagine kids standing right outside the door, not hiding, sticking needles in their arms and this happening more than once without SOMEBODY in charge noticing.

H4H, why did you choose your username? Just curious.

Have you checked with local women's shelters, charities or churches to see if you could get help moving out of your parent's house and learning to support yourself? Anybody at your church/job that you can explain the situation to that would help you?

Exactly.

No junkie would just shoot up near a school gym in front of people, no matter how jonesing for his fix he is. Your story, H4H, has so many holes in it it's like...Whatever, I don't believe in it.

You're very naive.

And wtf is "they were dressed like the occult"? They wore black hooded capes like medieval monks? Or they just wore goth-like clothes? Grow up.

And yeah, you remind me of someone who posted her a little while back.

I recently saw a post that said anyone on FJ would help someone who wanted to figure out a way out of the lifestyle, and many people supported that person's statement (saying things like +1).

All that support for that statement, made by people here, you gave me hope that I would be able to register here, explain my situation and what I wanted for my life, and possibly figure out who I am and what I want on my own, and feel stronger being independent.

Please don't say you want to help people find a way out if you don't really mean it.

Did you miss my last post, I offered suggestions? And asked you some questions. I'm not sure what you want, people can makes suggestion, but you are really going to have to take the steps and get yourself out. No one here can come hold your hand and do this for you.

I live at home with my parents and I drive one of my dad's cars. I have a job which is 3 and a half days a week. I want my own car so I have more freedom and I don't see being able to move out if I don't already have my own transportation. I am applying for full time positions now but no one else knows. I don't log in to this website from home just in case.

Do you have access to public transportation? Is your job in a place that has public transportation? Having a car is great and all but it can get pretty expensive. Why does your dad have multiple cars?

I recently saw a post that said anyone on FJ would help someone who wanted to figure out a way out of the lifestyle, and many people supported that person's statement (saying things like +1).

All that support for that statement, made by people here, you gave me hope that I would be able to register here, explain my situation and what I wanted for my life, and possibly figure out who I am and what I want on my own, and feel stronger being independent.

Please don't say you want to help people find a way out if you don't really mean it.

In an earlier posting, you said you didn't register here in the hope to find a support group. It seems you did.

And rest assured, I certainly didn't make any statement that I was willing to help anybody here, because I am not. Especially not people who present stories that I deem very unlikely to be true. Different people frequent this forum, and if people want to support others, they may of course do so, but nobody has any obligation.

It's interesting to me tht you think a forum will be able to help you figure out what YOU want. To me, this is turning from one authority (fundiedom) to another. Tell me. Guide me. teach me. Can't do it on my own.

Imho, this is the wrong mindset for self-advancement.

Archived