IGNORED

Where is wacky cousin Amy?

missbrooklyn

Anyone else find the bit about no red flags strange? I don't have enough dating experience to quite declare it but I know I wouldn't have used such a phrase in describing my husband when we first dated!

I don't think I'd have actually said that out loud to anyone, but I most certainly did think that about DH as our relationship unfolded and he proved to be absolutely, truly a nice guy, no crayzee anywhere. Count yourself lucky if you've never had to think that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'd have actually said that out loud to anyone, but I most certainly did think that about DH as our relationship unfolded and he proved to be absolutely, truly a nice guy, no crayzee anywhere. Count yourself lucky if you've never had to think that.

The bolded. We're on the same page then - I think everyone should watch out for red flags, but it's not the type of thing I've ever heard anyone brag about with regards to someone they're dating.

Jill probably prays very hard for Amy, but I'll bet Jessa would like to smack her out of a combo of irritation and jealousy.

Amy got dealt a far better hand in life. And with no little siblings, she's always been free as a bird; the exact opposite of J-slave. No buddy bullshit and probably only a little light housekeeping at most. The only thing I like about Amy is the fact that she's always been around as an example of another way of life. Sure, most of the kids just see her as a heathen sinner, but some of them probably don't fully buy it, and yes, I'm hoping one of them is Joy.[/quote]

I also like that about Amy. If Amy does end up marrying Reed, I hope the the J'Slaves will see that there is no need for Boob to pick who they court and marry.

If Amy does end up marrying Reed, I hope the the J'Slaves will see that there is no need for Boob to pick who they court and marry.

Jim Bob certainly won't be taking looks into consideration. I can almost hear Jinger screaming "But he's bald!".

It's unfortunate cousin Amy is such an all around dingbat, but I also hope she has her shit together and things work out. Otherwise, it just gives Boob more lecture material for his soon to be J'Old Maids.

I note that the photo they used in the article has Amy looking adoringly up at him...

I hope it all works out for her, she seems a bit over-enthusiastic and I think I would probably slap her after a while of being in her company, but then again I'm old and grumpy and probably envious of her youth.

I like Amy a bit more after I saw "Duggar Dating Rules" or some episode. Amy basically said she thought courtship was ridiculous and chaperoning was ridiculous and she didn't go for it. And she outed Mullet and Boob for doing stuff before marriage. Awesome

I like Amy a bit more after I saw "Duggar Dating Rules" or some episode. Amy basically said she thought courtship was ridiculous and chaperoning was ridiculous and she didn't go for it. And she outed Mullet and Boob for doing stuff before marriage. Awesome

Yea, I remember that. And JimBob got real nervous like he didn't want the others to overhear. See, at least Amy has critical thinking skills and can put two and two together.

Off topic: It still pisses me off to this day that JimBob and Michelle did stuff before marriage, but won't let their kids do anything. How is that a good testimony? "Kids, you want to have a perfect marriage like us. But instead of doing what we did to get here, do what we didn't do... and it's guarenteed to work!" :roll: That just doesn't make sense, and I'm glad that Amy calls bullshit.

Yea, I remember that. And JimBob got real nervous like he didn't want the others to overhear. See, at least Amy has critical thinking skills and can put two and two together.

Off topic: It still pisses me off to this day that JimBob and Michelle did stuff before marriage, but won't let their kids do anything. How is that a good testimony? "Kids, you want to have a perfect marriage like us. But instead of doing what we did to get here, do what we didn't do... and it's guarenteed to work!" :roll: That just doesn't make sense, and I'm glad that Amy calls bullshit.

Yeah...you could tell it wasn't staged because Amy did a nervous giggle and JB and M didn't look happy about it and then they were conceding about it...and yes, it is hypocritical of them to decide their children can do less, but think that's ok because they regret doing stuff before marriage!

Yeah...you could tell it wasn't staged because Amy did a nervous giggle and JB and M didn't look happy about it and then they were conceding about it...and yes, it is hypocritical of them to decide their children can do less, but think that's ok because they regret doing stuff before marriage!

If its one thing that gets my goat its hypocrisy, that whole 'do as I say - Not as I do' thing. Urg it just really makes me hulk-mad!!!

I liked Amy better then, when it was still 17 KAC. She wasn't as careful about what she said. Now it seems like she knows that if she speaks up too much, she won't be allowed to keep appearing.

Amy honey, if you're reading this go ahead and speak your mind. It's just about over, and if you continue like you have been most of the viewers won't remember your name in a year or two. But if you look straight at that camera and tell America the funniest/worst/best/saddest parts of being a Duggar we won't forget you for a long, long time. Just be the real Amy that we first saw and liked.

Hell, if you could actually Free Jinger (or any of 'em) you two could have your own series for a few seasons. Have you ever thought about that?

I liked Amy better then, when it was still 17 KAC. She wasn't as careful about what she said. Now it seems like she knows that if she speaks up too much, she won't be allowed to keep appearing.

Amy honey, if you're reading this go ahead and speak your mind. It's just about over, and if you continue like you have been most of the viewers won't remember your name in a year or two. But if you look straight at that camera and tell America the funniest/worst/best/saddest parts of being a Duggar we won't forget you for a long, long time. Just be the real Amy that we first saw and liked.

Hell, if you could actually Free Jinger (or any of 'em) you two could have your own series for a few seasons. Have you ever thought about that?

I remember hearing a rumor that Sean Overbeeke and TLC were pissed about the rifflegate pictures. I agree now in days, she is a bit careful about what she says on the show and online. Some people were only friending her on Facebook in hopes of getting extra dirt on the Duggars. She even confirmed that Josh was engaged before Anna.

The dipshit has said that about all of her boyfriends, including that lunkhead Mike who appeared on the show. Reed isn't the first BF she met online, either. Remember the guy from Wisconsin/Minnesota (somewhere in the upper midwest) and how they would travel to see each other for their wonderful 6 months together? They were ALL the Best.Guy.Ever. :roll:

I remember hearing a rumor that Sean Overbeeke and TLC were pissed about the rifflegate pictures. I agree now in days, she is a bit careful about what she says on the show and online. Some people were only friending her on Facebook in hopes of getting extra dirt on the Duggars. She even confirmed that Josh was engaged before Anna.

I didn't know that! Did she say if it was the Holt girl?

I didn't know that! Did she say if it was the Holt girl?

She didn't say that it was the Holt girl. I believe someone asked her if it was true that Josh was engaged to someone before Anna and all she said was yes. I think probably didn't name a name, in order to protect the Holt girl's privacy. But Emma Holt's name has floated around as Josh's ex for the past few years. I remember it was discussed on twop back in 2008 or 2009. The FB incident with Amy confirming happened about a year ago.

I think Cousin Amy is worldly enough to know about birth control. Given her family's history surely her mother has had talks with her about that. Hopefully she'll wait to begin a family until she's absolutely sure she's found a keeper since she seems to fall into and out of love quickly.

I just watched the episode where Josh brings Anna back for the first time and they want to go out for dinner and need a chaperone. Amy says "People ask me if I'll have as many the children. And the answer is no!" ... She was definitely more in your face then than she is now.

Also, in that episode, Josh and Anna go to movie so they need Jana and JD to chaperone. Josh said "So I thought why not a double date? We are in Arkansas HAHAHA" ... eww He just made an incest joke about his siblings and laughed about it.. Damn. It's so obvious those kids are sexually repressed beyond anything.

I just watched the episode where Josh brings Anna back for the first time and they want to go out for dinner and need a chaperone. Amy says "People ask me if I'll have as many the children. And the answer is no!" ... She was definitely more in your face then than she is now.

Also, in that episode, Josh and Anna go to movie so they need Jana and JD to chaperone. Josh said "So I thought why not a double date? We are in Arkansas HAHAHA" ... eww He just made an incest joke about his siblings and laughed about it.. Damn. It's so obvious those kids are sexually repressed beyond anything.

I just watched that episode too! Was surprised by the joke. Didn't think they would know those sorts of jokes/stereotypes. The chaperone thing was so weird.

Oh, and HAND SEX. I'd seen it mentioned on the site before and thought everyone was exaggerating. Then I saw that episode. Suddenly the meaning became clear.

I always wanted to know what movie they went and saw, cos I think it was Joy who's name got drawn as chaperone, but then she couldn't go because she wasn't old enough, thus Jana and John David had to go alone since they were of age!

I always wanted to know what movie they went and saw, cos I think it was Joy who's name got drawn as chaperone, but then she couldn't go because she wasn't old enough, thus Jana and John David had to go alone since they were of age!

It was Jinger, Joy was too young to even be in the running. Josh implied you only had to be 18 to see the movie because it was a preview screening and hadn't been rated yet? But I wondered about that too.

The dipshit has said that about all of her boyfriends, including that lunkhead Mike who appeared on the show. Reed isn't the first BF she met online, either. Remember the guy from Wisconsin/Minnesota (somewhere in the upper midwest) and how they would travel to see each other for their wonderful 6 months together? They were ALL the Best.Guy.Ever. :roll:

That's why Rebekah, Anna's sister, threw in her 2 cents when Amy posted a status on her fb on how she wasn't with Mike anymore tsbecause "God had other plans" for her. It seemed like Amy was with a different guy every year and Rebekah got fed up with her using God as her excuse. I don't think Amy is in love with any of these men-I think she's just in love with being in love and expects her relationship to be all Disney like where her Prince Charming will sweep her off her feet and they'll live happily ever after.

Amy was pretty tolerable when they first introduced her. She was spunky and spoke what she believed. Now she's riding the Duggar train and acting all Christian like for attention from the leghumpers and her cousins.

That's why Rebekah, Anna's sister, threw in her 2 cents when Amy posted a status on her fb on how she wasn't with Mike anymore tsbecause "God had other plans" for her. It seemed like Amy was with a different guy every year and Rebekah got fed up with her using God as her excuse. I don't think Amy is in love with any of these men-I think she's just in love with being in love and expects her relationship to be all Disney like where her Prince Charming will sweep her off her feet and they'll live happily ever after.

Amy was pretty tolerable when they first introduced her. She was spunky and spoke what she believed. Now she's riding the Duggar train and acting all Christian like for attention from the leghumpers and her cousins.

As an only child with no cousins near my age or location, I can understand her longing for a relationship and connection with her cousins. But it seems like she would have wanted that years ago and not just now. Or maybe they really didn't let her around them before the show started. Whenever they show old baby pictures, there hasn't ever been with Amy in it, at least not that I remember. I suspect she wasn't allowed to be involved much in their lives before the show and is now trying to make up for lost time.

It was Jinger, Joy was too young to even be in the running. Josh implied you only had to be 18 to see the movie because it was a preview screening and hadn't been rated yet? But I wondered about that too.

And joy wanted to go, too! If Jinger was chaperoning, why couldn't Joy go, too? And really, wouldn't it be better for them to have Joy? She was the perfect age to tell her parents everything that happened but still need their full attention, which wouldn't allow them to do anything.

I'm definitely curious about the movie, too. What movie could they possibly be allowed to go see that required you to be 18+. It was too late for them to be seeing passion of the christ, which I somewhat doubt they even saw.

And if you're under 18, as long as you go with someone over 18, you're fine. There were plenty of times I went to the movies with my friends when they were 18 and I wasn't and it was never a problem.

I'm pretty sure the movie was Fireproof. Why do I remember this stuff? Nobody knows.

Fireproof was an 18+ movie?? Didn't the duggars take the entire clan to see the movie?? I seem to remember them saying it was their number one all time favorite movie ..

Okay now I'm thinking about this. They met crazy Kirk Cameron. When Kirk and JB shook hands he said "Do you remember me from my tv show?" "No" and that was the end of that conversation. Seriously JB, you grew up in the 80s. How did you not see that show??

I think you're right because Josh and Anna made a huge deal about how awesome it was and used it as part of there "this is why we know everything about marriage" deal.

Archived