IGNORED

John (Maxwell) looks gggoooodddd in an apron!!

Justme

New blog (rambling), but he & Joe mad b/fast for THE family. :whistle:

(Everybody is sssooo busy writting new crap, important books for to sale...

8-)

I wish I could kidnap them all and unbrainwash them. I could do with a cute guy to do my cooking, and they could do with a life. That whole blurb is just vomit-worthy and the worst thing is that she probably believes it. Sigh

Guest LilaFowler

One thing (maybe the only thing?) I like about the Maxwells is they teach/encourage the men to cook.

I just read the blog post and was coming here to say the same thing (about John looking good in an apron).

Sarah seemed like she was getting so philisophical (time moving so quickly) I was wondering where she was going with the post. All of that to say...the guys made breakfast. Yeah, I'll give them credit for the guys cooking and cleaning up, but Sarah, isn't there more you want to say about time passing so quckly?{ cough, cough, marriage, cough, cough, children}

Darn, I was hoping it would have been one of the girls' cute aprons with ruffles around the edges (or are those too fun for the Maxwells?). Oh well.

Dear me, their kitchen walls and cabinets are the same shades as my own! Somebody there has got taste & class. ;) Wood trim on the countertops, though... :doh:

Maybe Sarah [not Marie] [not Grace] is one of those people who is content staying home. I had an aunt like that. Cheerful, excellent teacher (outside the home, gasp) and never wanted to marry or be a mom. Made a whale of a beneficient difference in the lives of her 14 nieces & nephews not to mention the thousands of children she taught.

Yes John does look good in an apron. It was a weird post though. The point was what? The boys made breakfast? Or, if you raise your kids the Maxwell way, your sons will make breakfast one day? Glad that Sarah loves the way their parents raised them, but seeing as she has no friends whose homes she hung out in growing up, what other parenting styles does she have to compare her parents to?

So who does the laundry? Because the other brother making the bacon was not wearing an apron, and that is a plethora of grease spots waiting to happen...

So who does the laundry? Because the other brother making the bacon was not wearing an apron, and that is a plethora of grease spots waiting to happen...

Hummmm.. do you think the girls wash their brothers underwear??? :naughty:

Here's the thing...it's great that the men cooked breakfast. It's great that the house is beautiful and clean. It's a bit curious as to why Sarah felt the need to expound about her life and family, but still very sweet.

But why the heck are the boys dressed in long sleeved shirts (Jesse), and pants/jeans (all of them I think) when the middle of the country is the midst of a huge heat wave? Can you imagine how uncomfortable that is? Not even in their own home, amongst family, are they allowed to dress as the rest of us do?

It's nice to see the boys cooking but.....it's sad that Sarah acts like it's some type of special treat. My SO cooks most meals and I do clean up. If men eat, they should should contribute to the kitchen work. I guess with the Maxwells' strict segregation of gender roles, having the men cook is a special treat.

But why the heck are the boys dressed in long sleeved shirts (Jesse), and pants/jeans (all of them I think) when the middle of the country is the midst of a huge heat wave? Can you imagine how uncomfortable that is? Not even in their own home, amongst family, are they allowed to dress as the rest of us do?

It made me sweat just to even think about cooking in a heat wave! Dumb Maxwells.

I must say, John is completely defrauding in the apron and would be even more so in shorts. I surely hope they have air conditioning and didn't go outside all day.

At least Sarah is writing her next nobel prize-winner in the comfort of the air conditioning on the bus. Praise God!

Maybe my family is weird, but from the time I was a kid everybody fixed their own breakfast and lunch. My parents were (and still are) big on family dinners. But I can't imagine my mother or anyone else in my family cooking three meals a day every day in a household where everyone is over 15 years old. Mom would just tell those Maxwell boys to fix themselves a bowl of cereal or nuke up some Stouffer's if they're hungry. If she happens to be making herself some bacon, she might ask if anybody else wants some, but other than that you're on your own.

Same for my family. Dinner is made for everyone and that's it. If someone made bacon or stir-fry or smoothies, they would offer to make double batch for whoever was around. When I'm home my dad often makes bacon for the meat eaters on Sunday morning, and he's the most likely to wander around asking for requests when he puts the kettle on. That's... about it.

Archived