IGNORED

Babies' Bodily Rights Trump Religious Views on Circumcision

SpeakNow

http://news.yahoo.com/german-court-outl ... 28400.html

Circumcising young boys on religious grounds amounts to grievous bodily harm, a German court ruled Tuesday in a landmark decision that the Jewish community said trampled on parents' religious rights.

"The body of the child is irreparably and permanently changed by a circumcision," the court said. "This change contravenes the interests of the child to decide later on his religious beliefs."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Somebody get the liquor, let's make a drinking game.

1 shot for every time female genital cutting gets brought up. 1 shot for every time someone gets called a bad parent.

If Elle posts, drain the bottle.

I'm not going to be shy about saying it's about time someone recognized this. Unless medically necessary, it's genital mutilation, plain and simple.

Guest Anonymous
I'm not going to be shy about saying it's about time someone recognized this. Unless medically necessary, it's genital mutilation, plain and simple.

Genital mutilation = close enough for me. Do a shot!

I do realize this is a serious subject, but it's been thrashed out so many times here, and no one ever changes their mind about it.

1 shot for every time female genital cutting gets brought up. 1 shot for every time someone gets called a bad parent.

Would it be boorish of me to participate in this drinking game if I'm barefoot and wearing an LBD?

Guest Anonymous
Would it be boorish of me to participate in this drinking game if I'm barefoot and wearing an LBD?

Only if you're eating a peanut butter sandwich at a wedding at the same time. And posting to this thread with your phone.

**ETA: I'm adding 1 shot for "mutilation" and 1 shot for "hygiene" or "cleanliness."

Genital mutilation = close enough for me. Do a shot!

I do realize this is a serious subject, but it's been thrashed out so many times here, and no one ever changes their mind about it.

I realize that. I'd love to have a shot, but I'm afraid I'm all out. :(

Does it have to be alcohol? Cause I have none on me!

Only if you're eating a peanut butter sandwich at a wedding at the same time. And posting to this thread with your phone.

**ETA: I'm adding 1 shot for "mutilation" and 1 shot for "hygiene" or "cleanliness."

2 shots for "HIV", "AIDS" and any thing referencing the child's future sex life.

Guest Anonymous
Does it have to be alcohol? Cause I have none on me!

In honor of the Duggars, shots of pickle juice can be done in lieu of booze.

In honor of the Duggars, shots of pickle juice can be done in lieu of booze.

*Gag* I can try.

Guest Anonymous

In honor of lexiloumarie: Drain the bottle each time someone gets scolded for derailing a thread about a Very Serious Issue.

Ohh I do hope to be able to drink tomorrow night (tonight I took a pain pill) so I shall revisit this thread to commence drinking when it is safe for my liver (okay.. more safe for my liver.. safer? Something of that nature!). I do enjoy a good thread about topics like this. It really shows you how newer individuals will be behaving! :dance: :happy-bouncycyan::happy-bouncyred::happy-bouncygreen::happy-bouncymagenta::happy-bouncyblue::happy-bouncymulticolor:

I'm all out of hooch, but I'll supply the popcorn. No peanut butter allowed, and take off your shoes before coming in!

In honor of lexiloumarie: Drain the bottle each time someone gets scolded for derailing a thread about a Very Serious Issue.

:dance:

Seriously though, we need a list of topics we've beaten to death already. We never get anywhere in these threads.

Looking for the sherry and will also make popcorn in honor of those who can't drink.

popcorn%20drama.gif

Alcohol burns my stomach. Can I have a Pepsi with my popcorn?

Only if you pour an extra glass as silent offering to Teri Maxwell.

Guest Anonymous
Alcohol burns my stomach. Can I have a Pepsi with my popcorn?

Only if you want Steve Maxwell to appear in your dreams and lecture you on how Pepsi cans pave the road to eternal damnation. But if you're cool with that, go ahead!

**ETA: I love how any mention of Pepsi leads to "insert Maxwell joke here."

Archived