IGNORED

Rachel Wissman and Alan Busenitz: The "Love" Story

xReems

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap, this has "creepyweird" written all over it. But then again, most of these drippy fundy "OMG we are sooooo in love and soooooo blessed and soooooo not faking any of it for the sake of our testimony, you guys!"

We should have an FJ "love stories" thread so that those of us in relationships can see how they stack up against the "courtship" narratives.

We should have an FJ "love stories" thread so that those of us in relationships can see how they stack up against the "courtship" narratives.

Love this idea.

Then again, I'm also a newbie who is overwhelmed by the amount of "love" and "joy" these megafamilies produce and would benefit from a compilation of the starring players.

Not sure if it has been discussed but he also a Mennonite-His family seems to hold every important position in the church they married in even- and a farmer, which is good because the Wissmans seem outdoors .

The hyman sale is complete They are married.

Photos on the blog.

I quite like her dress. Short sleeves for a fundie though.

christophermaxwell.com/weddings/alan-rachel/index.html

Seems like they didn't learn their lesson from B&Ds pics.

I think it's odd that none of the wedding pictures show them kissing (or at least the ones that Chris posted on his website).

Those pictures are pretty crappy. I'd be more than a bit disappointed if I'd paid money for that. Christopher needs to get himself some digital photography books and learn about techniques (and lighting). He's worn the few he knows to threads and it shows.

The wedding looks very much like every other wedding involving the Wissman family, and is quite close to most other fundie weddings. Nothing new there, just different girls being sold off to different guys.

christophermaxwell.com/weddings/alan-rachel/index.html

Seems like they didn't learn their lesson from B&Ds pics.

NIKE! Knee-length dresses with HEELS, albeit godawful ones, on the bridesmaids!

The sepia ages them both and he's already pretty weather-worn from his occupation as a farmer.

Back to photoshop school, Chris.

Ooo Ooo! Look at Kori's legs! She's a saucy little rebel isn't she! And Andrew doesn't do anything about it. I'm sure Christopher was scandalized. If she had been one of the bridesmaids in that dress he probably would have refused to shoot the wedding.

Yep. That was the wedding of Phillip Bradrick, brother, I assume, of Peter the Arrogant.

TY between too many mimosas, poor vision and crappy photography I needed some help.

In the shot that shows the entire ceremony and part of the audience - sorry, I have no idea what the technical terms are- you can see where one bridesmaid disappeared during the wedding. Who? Why?

Compared to kori and andrew's wedding, rachel's seemed like a typical fundie wedding.

One thing I liked was that Rachel didn't have her sis in laws and future sis in laws for bridesmaids.

Well that was anti-climactic.

Her skin looks bad.

He looks gone to seed, his teeth are yellow and his suit does not fit.

The bridemaids have icky shoes.

The photography is really, really, really bad.

Trying to come up with something positive.

edited because today, I cannot spell.

Those pictures are pretty crappy. I'd be more than a bit disappointed if I'd paid money for that. Christopher needs to get himself some digital photography books and learn about techniques (and lighting). He's worn the few he knows to threads and it shows.

The wedding looks very much like every other wedding involving the Wissman family, and is quite close to most other fundie weddings. Nothing new there, just different girls being sold off to different guys.

But Christopher is not allowed to read any books but KJV Bible and Moody Family Fun by his sister, so he's kind of stuck. :roll:

But Christopher is not allowed to read any books but KJV Bible and Moody Family Fun by his sister, so he's kind of stuck. :roll:

I think they're allowed to read instructional books--Anna (I think) read an HTML book a while ago.

(The idea of a 33-year-old man not being "allowed" to read something... only in the Maxwell family would that be plausible.)

As for the wedding... it's odd to see a fundie groom with weathered skin and graying hair. The bridesmaids' dresses are a pretty color but don't go with the shoes. Rachel looks happy, but who knows how happy they'll be when they *really* get to know each other?

I'm not sure how fundie Alan is (did someone say he was a Mennonite?), but both Andrew and Josiah appear to have married fundie lite. Or atleast have gone that way post marriage. Kori and Abby have the right idea when it comes to fashionable modesty in my opinion.

I think they're allowed to read instructional books--Anna (I think) read an HTML book a while ago.

(The idea of a 33-year-old man not being "allowed" to read something... only in the Maxwell family would that be plausible.)

As for the wedding... it's odd to see a fundie groom with weathered skin and graying hair. The bridesmaids' dresses are a pretty color but don't go with the shoes. Rachel looks happy, but who knows how happy they'll be when they *really* get to know each other?

Ah, yes, I forgot they are allowed to read manuals.

Christopher would have to tape shut a lot of the pages of a photography manual, so he's probably still out of luck there.

Ugh. Those photos don't flatter her at all. There are much more attractive photos of her on her family's blog.

She looks thrilled, he looks pleased, but not entirely thrilled.

Archived