IGNORED

Tennis fans?

icecreamycakeycake

oh yeah! Wimbledon started yesterday. Sharapova/Djokovic are my picks :)

oh yeah! Wimbledon started yesterday. Sharapova/Djokovic are my picks :)

I'm not sure about Sharapova (no pic yet), Novak... well yeah.

Do you think either of the Williams could be a contender...ever? I think both are done, for the most part. Serena (I'm not a fan because of her sportsmanship) might win a championship, but I doubt it will be a GS.

I love Stosur if she can get through, herself.

I can't stand Stosur, mainly just coz she's an Aussie and it's ingrained in me hehe.

I don't think the Williams will ever contend seriously again. Certainly not Venus anyway. I see she's been knocked out in the 1st round. Serena's a real bitch oncourt. It's sad :(

I love Federer and Novak. Not really a fan of Nadal but he a pretty amazing player. I hope Novak and win Wimbledon :D

Guest Anonymous

Victory for the underdog! Czech player Lukáš Rosol, ranked 100 in the world, has beaten Rafael Nadal! Yay!

Yay for Rosol! So excited to see Nadal out. Gives my boy Roger a better chance :D Or Novak, but I prefer Federer.

Guest Anonymous
That was an exciting match! It also opens the door for Murray, who needs a GS win.

No, no, no! Murray can't ever win a Grand Slam. The whole point of being British is that we are bad at sports. We are terrible winners. Can you imagine the brutal smugness that will be inflicted upon us if Murray wins Wimbledon?

No, no, no! Murray can't ever win a Grand Slam. The whole point of being British is that we are bad at sports. We are terrible winners. Can you imagine the brutal smugness that will be inflicted upon us if Murray wins Wimbledon?

Murry is through to the next round, HA! GBR might WIN something!!

Or we'll have the British win because everyone else got injured/was sick/freak result..we cope better with that kind of victory :D

I do watch a bit of tennis, and usually take part in the British dust off your racquet and play a couple of games after Wimbledon phenomenon.

My favourites, Federer because he is just so graceful, Djokovic ( because he looks just like my youngest son!), and Tsonga.

I know I should appreciate Murray more, he has talent, but i find him hard to warm to.

Guest Anonymous

Or we'll have the British win because everyone else got injured/was sick/freak result..we cope better with that kind of victory :D

I do watch a bit of tennis, and usually take part in the British dust off your racquet and play a couple of games after Wimbledon phenomenon.

My favourites, Federer because he is just so graceful, Djokovic ( because he looks just like my youngest son!), and Tsonga.

I know I should appreciate Murray more, he has talent, but i find him hard to warm to.

Mmmm. I am a big fan of Tsonga too.

Jo-Wilfried-Tsonga-cosmo-nude.jpg

Who's your money on, Federer or Murray? Mine's on Federer but it'd be kind of cool to see Murray win :)

Guest Anonymous

I need Federer to win. If Murray wins, British smugness levels will reach critical levels. I watched quite nervously this afternoon as Tsonga got schooled and out of nowhere I said to my TV screen, "Murray, I hope Federer tears the skin from your bones with his teeth". Apparently, the tennis part of my brain is quite creepy.

I need Federer to win. If Murray wins, British smugness levels will reach critical levels. I watched quite nervously this afternoon as Tsonga got schooled and out of nowhere I said to my TV screen, "Murray, I hope Federer tears the skin from your bones with his teeth". Apparently, the tennis part of my brain is quite creepy.

I think tennis can tap into rather a dark side of us....although I have a feeling that Murray will win, I actually want Federer to win, gracefully and ruthlessly :mrgreen:

Did you see Murray make a shot right into Tsonga's nuts!

I totally get how Murray is hard to warm up to. I saw him do some press once, while shoveling spaghetti down his throat, and it was gross. However, I'm the type that generally roots for the underdog, or non fan-favorite. I give the edge to Federer unless Coach Lendl works some mental magic, because Murray has been known to make a brilliant showing in the semis, and then fall apart, and not just fall apart enough to lose, but fall apart to the point of the finals being a meh match.

Guest Anonymous

Crazy underdog victory!

Unseeded wild card, special invitees, Marray and Nielsen have stormed to victory in the Men's Doubles against (apparently perpetual runners-up) Lindstedt and Tecou!

It's just crazy. It's really great. There is a British Wimbledon champion (Marray) and I'm actually happy about it. So I feel like a lot less of a self-hating Brit.

I definitely woke up at 6 am to watch the women's final. I have always loved Serena, despite her outbursts. Her passion is what I love. I was happy that she won it, but I do think she and Venus are on their way out.

I happily watched Serena this morning (also up at 6, but not on purpose.) She's an amazing athlete and it's a shame she isn't talked about more.

I :romance-heartbeating: Federer. He's such a graceful and beautiful player and his wife was also an Olympian, so the tom-boy athletic girl in me feels like I'd have a shot with him I guess. :) Murray for some reason seems to me like the most boring man in the world.

I've never liked Federer. Well, I like him just fine, I just like to root against him because for years he's been so damn good! I love me some Rafa, though. His autobiography was fantastic.

I have to agree with you about Murray though. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly likable about him.

Uch I can't stand the Williams sisters. They may be perfectly nice in real life but they come across as entitled bitches. I won't miss them when they retire.

I happily watched Serena this morning (also up at 6, but not on purpose.) She's an amazing athlete and it's a shame she isn't talked about more.

I :romance-heartbeating: Federer. He's such a graceful and beautiful player and his wife was also an Olympian, so the tom-boy athletic girl in me feels like I'd have a shot with him I guess. :) Murray for some reason seems to be like the most boring man in the world.

His wife gave up her career to be a professional girlfriend (like most tennis GF's). That said, I like her. I like that she's pretty but not "model hot". You can tell sometimes she doesn't bother doing her hair, and with this, I conclude she is a hands on parent despite having a team of nannies and other assorted staff. :D

I think IRL, Federer is probably WAY more boring than Murray. Murray would probably be not-boring in a weird way, though.

Novak is definitely NOT NOT NOT boring.

I get a misogynistic vibe from Roddick (not sure he gets away with it though), even though he has one of the very few GF/wives that didn't give up their career to follow him around on tour.

IF and I mean IF Murray the 'Look at my sparkling personality..I got it from my Mum who programmed me' Wins tomorrow...remember he is SCOTTISH. If he wins he becomes British. If he loses he will be Scottish (I can't find a sticky out tongue smiley to show my English friends I am joking) I am looking forward to watching it though.

IF and I mean IF Murray the 'Look at my sparkling personality..I got it from my Mum who programmed me' Wins tomorrow...remember he is SCOTTISH. If he wins he becomes British. If he loses he will be Scottish (I can't find a sticky out tongue smiley to show my English friends I am joking) I am looking forward to watching it though.

Thank You for explaining this! It makes sense now.

Andy Murray is a Dunblane Primary School survivor. I have no idea how or if that in any way developed his personality. It may in some way explain his lack of emotion..or I could just be projecting. Any which way I hope it is a good match. :)

Archived