IGNORED

Loch Ness monster-creationism-ACE curriculum

mirele

Thank you. I'll go over there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another claim taught is that a Japanese whaling boat once caught a dinosaur.

Ah, yeah, the decomposing body that was shown to be a dead basking shark less than a year after it was hauled in. I am pretty certain that the people who wrote these "textbooks" never actually did their research. I mean, I'm probably more inclined to believe in Nessie than the next person, but for fucks sake, if she exists she is not a dinosaur and her existence does not disprove evolution. Wanna disprove evolution? Find Adam and Eve and prove to me that they some how managed to populate the earth with their offspring by having only sons like the Bible claims.

But see, you're thinking...you aren't supposed to do that!

Yeah, if Nessie is a real plesiosaur, it's proof that Noah brought dinosaurs on the ark. You should questions things like proof of adaptability or why only one such aquatic animal was capable of surviving a flood or why the "knowledge" of Nessie's physical appearance is only a guess based on what people claim to have seen or why, if more and more scientists are becoming convinced of dinosaurs continued existence, they have to use an example that is generally not viewed as an extant taxon by the scientific community. No, seriously don't ask the last one. They'll call you a heathen satanist for using big words like "extant taxon" and having burned at the stake.

I do find it humorous that the articles accompanying photo is one that was debunked as a hoax.

homework-class-test-its-only-fair.jpg

Ok, it's only fair. Can we also watch Xena and Hercules for Ancient History?

I'd rather see them have an evolutionary biologist teach a course on creationism.

I thought dinosaurs continued to exist as modern birds. Cause, you know, they evolved?

Stop being sensible. Satan is making you think clearly.

It's sad how badly they really need to prove creationism. When you are that desperate you are in some pretty sad shape.

Yep. I've often though the same thing.

My husband is a really bright guy, but he's got a real blind spot when it comes to creationism. I was fortunate enough never to have been taught that there was any dispute between science and the Bible. However, he was not so lucky. He was raised by parents that were pretty lackadaisical about the church, Bob got converted when he was a freshman in college by the some Intervarsity/Navigator types. He always trended towards old-Earth creationism, but I think he's being pulled towards the YEC viewpoint. One of my daughters and I were flabbergasted last summer to say he did not believe in continental drift! He keeps reading stuff to try to disprove evolution, but I think he's really trying to convince himself. I'm really glad that he never got a job teaching.

I am pretty certain that the people who wrote these "textbooks" never actually did their research. .

Well if they did their research they would not be writing this crap in the first place.

Ah, yeah, the decomposing body that was shown to be a dead basking shark less than a year after it was hauled in. I am pretty certain that the people who wrote these "textbooks" never actually did their research. I mean, I'm probably more inclined to believe in Nessie than the next person, but for fucks sake, if she exists she is not a dinosaur and her existence does not disprove evolution. Wanna disprove evolution? Find Adam and Eve and prove to me that they some how managed to populate the earth with their offspring by having only sons like the Bible claims.

...But the Bible claims they had sons AND daughters.

ACE? As in Accelerated Christian Education? There are not enough barfing smiley faces to describe my loathing of that curriculum or its author (Richard Fugate). If his theology of 'masculinity' wasn't enough to make sane people run screaming for the hills, his parenting book advocating switching infants who stiffen during diaper changes and prescribing appropriate 'rods' for discipline based on gender/age of children ought to earn him the 'most odious parenting author' title.

If this man had a better publicity department, the Pearls wouldn't have a chance at their current title of the black mold spore on humanity. He is revolting in every sense of the word, and that's before one accounts for the 'academics' of his accelerated curriculum. Most of the people who 'graduated' from the private school here that uses ACE went straight to remedial classes at the community college.

NO NO NO. I am Scottish and I have visited Loch Ness a few times. Ain't no dinosaurs in there. A nice idea but NO.

I have two friends who were educated using ACE, one at a tiny private Christian school where her dad was the principal, and one was homeschooled. I'm horrified that these two bright and charming women were subjected to this and makes me question what they might believe. And more horrified that they then went on to bible college and were never forced to reevaluate what they were taught. At least one of them has done a Masters at a very prestigious university before going on to become a primary school teacher. :S

Barney proves that Creationists are right, too. Perhaps he will be added to the curriculum as additional evidence. The Flintstones offer additional support to this theory as well, as does Land of the Lost.

WTF? We have been to Loch Ness (and very beautiful it is too) and joked a lot about seeing Nessie but to actually teach children that Nessie is real? When the film in the Nessie museum explains and shows how most of the 'evidence' cannot be real? Words fail me.

I thought the bible states that Adam and Eve had sons and daughters too but I have no idea where :oops:

WTF? We have been to Loch Ness (and very beautiful it is too) and joked a lot about seeing Nessie but to actually teach children that Nessie is real? When the film in the Nessie museum explains and shows how most of the 'evidence' cannot be real? Words fail me.

I thought the bible states that Adam and Eve had sons and daughters too but I have no idea where :oops:

Genesis 5:4. I got curious when she said that, because I'd always remembered that they had sons and daughters, but of course I could only name Cain, Abel, and Seth, so I had to go look it up. Thanks, google, and bible.cc.

The future Louisianna: "My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush."

Isn't one of the 10 commandments "Thou shalt not lie"? I'm pretty sure that applies when educating children!

NO NO NO. I am Scottish and I have visited Loch Ness a few times. Ain't no dinosaurs in there. A nice idea but NO.

You just couldn't see her, JFC. They're like Thestrals, you know - you can only see them under special conditions. :roll: Poor JFC - the nargles must really be bothering you today.

You just couldn't see her, JFC. They're like Thestrals, you know - you can only see them under special conditions. :roll: Poor JFC - the nargles must really be bothering you today.

I have nothing to add, except to say that I love this!

Genesis 5:4. I got curious when she said that, because I'd always remembered that they had sons and daughters, but of course I could only name Cain, Abel, and Seth, so I had to go look it up. Thanks, google, and bible.cc.

I stand corrected. However it still means a whole lot of inbreeding. We'd all be deformed, genetically unstable creatures if we can from only two people.

I stand corrected. However it still means a whole lot of inbreeding. We'd all be deformed, genetically unstable creatures if we can from only two people.

Maybe that is part of the proof that was are all lowly sinners.

Inbreeding does not have to lead to deformity.

Historically, it HAS lead to deformity after many generations, and it certainly doesn't bode well for long-term survivability if there's a lack of genetic diversity, but theoretically those two people could have NO dangerous genes and lots of wonderful genes for good teeth and longevity and such.

I'm more inclined to believe in unicorns, but it IS possible. Sorta.

I have nothing to add, except to say that I love this!

Me too :D

Archived